Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leycestrian

Transfer funds and KP

2 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Last 2 weeks of the transfer window Leicester will be going blitz 

we are looking for that covid discount ! 

Transfer window is open until early October. It’s 2 weeks until the premier league season starts though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sly said:

I think this has been the plan for a while. The silva deal took it to the extreme though.

I do wonder if the players that were looking at, are weighing up other options. We’re potentially fishing in a different pond to previous seasons, as we’re more established. 

Having watched the Birmingham game mid week, I do wonder if they see an opportunity to potentially not replace at LB at all, then try Thomas / Leshabela. I suppose the concern is that they’re both raw. 

We simply do not throw Youngsters in at the deep end..Chilwell, Hamza and Barnes have all gone out on loan in recent years...

We will sign a LB I am sure but it will not be to the level we would like..

Not so sure about lack of creativity. Last seasons highest assister in Barnes, Perez is capable, as is Youri. Only Maddison is missing. 

13 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Kasper

justin soyuncu Morgan Thomas 

Ndidi praet tielemans

perez vardy Barnes 

likely line up for opening game ?

very little creativity there...

That back 4 gets a mauling from any team in the Prem 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Kasper

justin soyuncu Morgan Thomas 

Ndidi praet tielemans

perez vardy Barnes 

likely line up for opening game ?

very little creativity there...

Be playing a very high line whilst pressing West Brom... so I don’t think Morgan should be playing as he doesn’t have the pace for a counter.

however being realistic that probably the team that it will be

20 hours ago, StanSP said:

I think we're just being shrewd. Club will lose a lot in matchday revenue with reduced capacity and merch sales. No-one really knows when it'll be back to 'normal'. 

Yes we've just had some player sales but, like we know, the club won't go out spending hundreds of millions in one go because that money probably isn't there. 

I also wouldn't believe everything you read in the media. To give the club credit, there's sure to be some safeguarding of funds in crisis situations so that we're not gonna find ourselves immediately in the shit. There's probably funds there for a couple of players (or maybe more) but we're not gonna be forced in to paying over the odds. In the same vein that we won't be forced in to selling players at a cut-price fee any more.

They might be being shrewd, but they'd need to be a clairvoyant to think/know that this squad of players can overcome a half season slump, with recent form being borderline relegation form with several players still unavailable and/or left and further still be able to cope with European football. 

There's got to be someone at the club that views the failure to bring more players in in January was a mistake, even in hindsight and we are even weaker now than back then and will br playing potentially 55-60+ games next season. If we have to use the free transfer and loan market then let's do so. The better free agents have already been snapped up but there are still some out there, loans may be more do-able later in the window I'm sure. I'm just concerned the squad available for the opening 2 winnable games is weak and we are missing an opportunity to try and arrest this soft underbelly we have. Overseas players even now, if they were signed next week are likely to be unavailable come the West Brom game and thats annoying. Our defence is horrifying.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Center back needs to be number one priority here. We can't still be relying on a 36 year old Morgan. If we are that strapped for cash bring someone up from the U23s.

Hmm number one priority is surely the wide forward winger style player that we’ve needed since mahrez left? The lack of creativity is scary when you are rotating Barnes/gray/Albrighton constantly.

after 3 games we have soyuncu and Evans back partnered up and you would hope benko would be able to be good backup by now.

im just so disheartened by the lack of activity I just pray it’s all in the background hush hush. Leeds look like they are going to spunk about £100 million and this is our second chance in at Europe to buy some good players but feel we won’t.

Edited by les-tah

Just now, les-tah said:

Hmm number one priority is surely the wide forward winger style player that we’ve needed since mahrez left?  (And obviously left back now)

after 3 games we have soyuncu and Evans back partnered up and you would hope benko would be able to be good backup by now.

im just so disheartened by the lack of activity I just pray it’s all in the background hush hush. Leeds look like they are going to spunk about £100 million.

Those opening 2 games should be 6 points, no excuses. But to go in to them with a defence of Thomas, Soyuncu, Benkovic/Morgan and Justin is a worry and then a pasting at Man City and it feels like its just a continuation of the 2nd half of last season and there will be hysteria. 

I would argue that waiting until late in the window doesn't work anymore to get better value.

Chelsea have made there outlay up front and will now sell the players they dont want. Admittedly that only works if you have cash there in the first place.

The squad we currently have, adding injuries, Europa and the poor form of the end of the season, struggles for the top half in my opinion.

You'd have thought the pandemic would provide at least a little perspective, even from a football standpoint. King Power isn't solely reliant on tourism and to use such simplistic formulae to assume that because tourism is down then we'll have no money for players is daft. Since the last real balls-up in the transfer market (following our title win), finding value in the market has been our objective. Yes, we sold Chilwell for around £45 million. Tagliafico has been slapped with a £40 million price tag. If we sold a 23 year old England international with Premier League experience, only to replace him with a 27 year old who's played well for a couple of years in the Dutch league and only made £5 million in the process, we've not got good value at all. Baring in mind Ajax sold arguably their most talented player in Ziyech for £36 million - we aren't prepared to be cornered, which I think is absolutely a fair policy. 

• Like 1

Our form against the lesser teams from Xmas onwards was pretty horrific...with or without a full side... don’t take anything for granted...WBA fresh teams always are up for the occasion early on...

and Burnley... They are certainly no push overs 

Edited by Rigga

On 28/08/2020 at 13:19, Dahnsouff said:

So reading through Companies House 2018/2019 shows that

• Our turnover was 178m, up from  158m in 2018
  • Player sales generated 58m, up from 38m in 2018)
  • Wages as a percentage of turnover was 83.9, up from 74.9
  • Cost of Sales was 235m, up from 178m
    • It is my rubbish understanding that these figures represent ALL costs to play a full season, so all staff, stadium maintenance, etc,etc
      • Does anyone know if my rubbish understanding is even slightly accurrate?

Seems that the forecast predicts a 20% uplift year on year with regards to turnover

So turnover + sales needs to cover Cost of Sales I assume? Or rather the difference is profit/loss.

(But we made a 20m loss in 2019...)

:o

Thanks for reading.

Obviously the forecasts wont have been met though given the tv rebate etc.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

On 29/08/2020 at 09:49, Fightforever said:

Center back needs to be number one priority here. We can't still be relying on a 36 year old Morgan. If we are that strapped for cash bring someone up from the U23s.

Agree we need another CB IF Evans gets suspended or injured we can’t count on Morgan thinking we Need to keep hold of Benkovic throw him in just as they did with Cags as Evans is suspended first game he looks promising comfortable on the ball and not afraid to take a shot when near goal, I think at times we try and walk or pass the ball into the net where I think some need to shoot from outside the box!

Edited by justfoxes
  • Like 2