Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Our Internationals 2020/21

1 minute ago, StevieLynex said:

Haven't the bookies made us joint favourites to win the Euros? Seriously? Look at Belgium, France and Portugal, not to mention Italy, Spain, Croatia

We're capable of putting together a team which can challenge those teams but Southgate will never been the one to do it.

I think my lack of interest in the England team stems from having Southgate as manager

He’s pleasant enough and the perfect FA frontman cos he’s politically correct and all that

But he and his style of football bore me to fookin tears.

Grealish has been pretty much tearing up defences this season but look at him tonight so far. Looks a completely different player 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Hmm don’t think they are. 

my understanding the length is the same but are some differences in the width of the pitch 

105m x 68m, from where I looked it up, but fair enough if you know better. It could only be minor differences, hardly the space Carragher was dribbling on about.

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, Bryn said:

We're capable of putting together a team which can challenge those teams but Southgate will never been the one to do it.

I admire your optimism

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, Col city fan said:

I’m afraid the FA gravy train just keeps chugging on

No tournaments won since1966

Let that fooker sink in...

Look at some of the teams that have won tournaments since then - Denmark, France, Greece, Holland, Spain, Portugal not to mention the 'heavyweights' (Germany, Italy, Brazil, Argentina)

Cant say I pay to much attention to the England team but it does strike me as odd that given the depth of talent available, especially high up the pitch that you line up very similar to scotland. 

We are always going to come up against superior teams so we are limited in the formations we can play. We even have to play key players like Mctominay and Tierney out of position to fit them into it but southgate has a whole world of possibilities..... 

I dont know why he is SO concerned with being defensive when you could outscored most teams on the planet. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think my lack of interest in the England team stems from having Southgate as manager

He’s pleasant enough and the perfect FA frontman cos he’s politically correct and all that

But he and his style of football bore me to fookin tears.

Grealish has been pretty much tearing up defences this season but look at him tonight so far. Looks a completely different player 

He's just a fvcking loser isn't he? Can't be inspiring.

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

I dont know why he is SO concerned with being defensive when you could outscored most teams on the planet. 

With Maguire in team, that would guarantee at least three goals for the opposition per game

Guest StevieLynex
1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

He's just a fvcking loser isn't he? Can't be inspiring.

He's someone whose standing was enhanced by his appearance as a pundit - a bit like Gary Neville, not good enough to be top class manager

I’m really an England fan at all, I’ll feign some interest during major tournaments but that’s about it but Fuch me Southgate is like a creativity vampire who will purposely set up a system to bring out the worst in his players.

England could and should have one of the most exciting, attacking teams in the world with the players at their disposal. Yet a back 5 with both Rice and Henderson and a front three (all of whom are quality players) who have the pace of an asthmatic ant pulling an oil tanker. A fool could see it wouldn’t work. 

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, Col city fan said:

He’s won absolutely nothing either as a professional player or manager has he? Genuine question... I don’t think he has?

That can’t be inspiring can it?

Did he win the League Cup with Middlesborough?

3 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

With Maguire in team, that would guarantee at least three goals for the opposition per game

Maguire isn't in the team...... but even if he was, if he is SO bad that you have to play 4 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders along side him..... Maybe he shouldn't be.