Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kopfkino

Things you can't get your head around...

9 hours ago, Sampson said:

Everything really. Like the idea of whether we created by something that always existed or the multiverse itself has always existed or just everything sprung up from nothing one random Tursday afternoon. Either idea is incomprehensible to me.

Really everything other than the time you spend with other people and friends and family is pretty meaningless when you get down to it.

It's too easy to get caught in the weeds of life of politics or philosophy or current events to think it's deeply important when so little of it is. That's something I'm too guilty of and it probably holds me back on making desicions too much.

I'm kind of curious as to why if everything else has no meaning, why does the bolded have meaning? Sounds pretty subjective.

10 hours ago, Fightforever said:

I think some humility has to be learnt I am a mere humanoid that lives on this tiny rock floating in space I am too dumb to ever understand things like this. Why the hell would a creator like God care to think about what I do. Why does it care about what I eat drink and smoke. We are so irrelevant I almost find it big headed to think (if it did exist) it cares at all about us. Why would he be in hiding why wouldn't he come out to the people straight up and just go hey I am God worship me it can do whatever it wants right? In my mind its much more likely God doesn't exist and if it did exist (Big if) he sure as hell wouldn't give about what I and the rest of the world does. So that leaves Islam out of the picture automatically. Since in Islam there are many rules on how we should live. We can agree to disagree but that's just the way I see it there's no reason for us to exist so therefore something that lives and has conscious logic greater than ours wouldn't create us. In my mind asking a human about how we got on earth is like asking a dog how to solve a maths equation its just out of our depth. The only way I would be convinced such I thing existed is if I saw it with my own eyes.

Ah, because the Creator knows more about humans than people themselves. What good does alcohol, drugs, gambling, sexual immortality, and usury do to society? Those are absolute poisons that governments have no problem allowing as long as it makes them money. Most governments don't care about what's good for you, they only care about what you can do for them.

You want to see God, but what about in 50-100 years, others will say "those people of the past didn't see God and we will not believe in God until we see him" and so on. 

Well, there are people who claimed to be his messengers. So the least a person can do is test their credibility. Logic tells us that there is a Creator, so if there are people who claim to be sent by said Creator, their words aren't to be taken as a joke or fables of the past. Test their claims.

Well, we as Muslims say that the Qur'an is one of the miracles of prophet Muhammad peace be upon him. Prophet Isa (Jesus) cured the sick and healed the blind,  prophet Musa (Moses) split the sea (peace be upon them) yet some people believe that those are just made-up stories because they don't have observable evidence. The Qur'an is an observable evidence with a falsification test .

Surah An'Nisa 4:82

"Then do they not reflect upon the Qur'an? If it had been from [any] other than Allah, they would have found within it much contradiction."

There were a lot of prophecies (and I mean a lot). 

An example of some of the prophet's prophecies.

“And if you see the barefoot, naked, shepherds of camels competing [for praise] in the construction of high-rise buildings, then this is from among the signs [of the Hour].”[46] In a similar hadith about this egotism infesting the mosque atmosphere, he ﷺ said, “The Hour will not commence before people boast of their mosques. 

See the UAE and Saudi Arabia. They had nothing before the oil. Just look at pictures of what those countries used to look not long ago. It was very unlikely that those people who lived in the desert, with no natural resources would find the money with out the recent discovery of oil.

But hey, some will say that was some kind of a " self fulfilling prophecy ". So I will give another example.

The prophet said

“And fornication never becomes prevalent among a people, to the degree that they practice it openly, except that epidemics become rampant among them which had never before existed in their ancestors.”

Thawbān (rA) reports that the Prophet ﷺ said, “The nations will soon invite one another to devour you, just as diners are invited to a dish.” It was said, “Will it be because of our small number on that day?” He said, “No, rather you will be many on that day, but you will be [weightless] foam, like the foam on the river. And Allah will remove the fear of you from the hearts of your enemies, and will cast weakness into your hearts.” 

And the list is long. There are more direct, and even more specific prophecies. People are free to search.

In the Qur'an it says in Surah a'tur 52:35-36:

"Or were they created by nothing, or were they the creators [of themselves]?"

"Or did they create the heavens and the earth? Rather, they are not certain"

And it says is Surah Al-Anbiya 21:30

"Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation), before we clove them asunder? We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?"

What I posted should make any honest person have a look at the religion. Life is merely a few years and then we will all be gone. No matter how much pleasure the few short years here can give a person, it doesn't compare to eternity. 

9 hours ago, SystonFox said:

If I (my sperm version of me) was beaten to the egg by another sperm would I (providing I was male)

a) still look exactly like me

b) look a bit like me

c) have the same characteristics as me

d) have the same personality as me

e) none of the above and I would be completely different

E)

10 hours ago, SystonFox said:

If I (my sperm version of me) was beaten to the egg by another sperm would I (providing I was male)

a) still look exactly like me

b) look a bit like me

c) have the same characteristics as me

d) have the same personality as me

e) none of the above and I would be completely different

F)....because of your suppressed  female side.....;)

Edited by fuchsntf

How your brain comprehends things and develops to be so advanced. It's just some grey matter and a splodge at the end of the day basically! But in that, it begins to learn about the world and help us experience things. Sometimes just weird how captures and contains so much information. 

People that talk about mental health issues/share stuff on social media, talking to people who are struggling.

That will also share stuff about cutting people from your life who are "toxic" or a bad influence. The chances are that person is going through something themselves and needs help rather than abandoning. 

I think it boils down to whatever mood these people are in. 

6 hours ago, ozleicester said:

E)

Probably something like a 50% chance one would be very, very similar in looks and personality. Even personality traits are quite heritable. Robert Plomin’s book, Blueprint is a good read (even if it is a bit dry at times) 

Just now, Stadt said:

Probably something like a 50% chance one would be very, very similar in looks and personality. Even personality traits are quite heritable. Robert Plomin’s book, Blueprint is a good read (even if it is a bit dry at times) 

I shall have a look, however, the multitudes of  physical differences would also lead to a multitude educational differences.. so while there would be similarities, there would (IMO) be huge differences, like those between siblings.

On 12/09/2020 at 09:27, tom27111 said:

Your anus can create all 3 types of matter, solid, liquid and gas.

Sometimes all at same moment.lol

Being pedantic here but, it's not your anus, it's your digestive system, in particular your lower intestine.

Edited by Parafox
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Parafox said:

There are a minimum of 2 occasions during a flight where an aircraft, including a space rocket, is 1,000,000th of an inch from the ground. Can't get my head around that but it has to be a fact.

At that scale parts of the surface of both the ground and the tyre would look like the Himalayas so I'd doubt that there would be parts of the tyre or rocket that would never touch the ground. 

...which leads me on to the fact that the atoms in all solids (such as our bodies) still contain space around them so it's theoretically possible to walk through a brick wall if you were some how lucky enough to line up all the spaces correctly. Highly unlikely but possible. 

Edited by Collymore

11 minutes ago, Collymore said:

At that scale parts of the surface of both the ground and the tyre would look like the Himalayas so I'd doubt that there would be parts of the tyre or rocket that would never touch the ground. 

...which leads me on to the fact that the atoms in all solids (such as our bodies) still contain space around them so it's theoretically possible to walk through a brick wall if you were some how lucky enough to line up all the spaces correctly. Highly unlikely but possible. 

To expand on this, there are spaces between each atom in a solid, but the electromagnetic force between each of them and between other solid objects is what stops the above from happening.

However...given a phenomenon known as quantum tunneling, it is still theoretically possible...but really, really unlikely.