Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Jonathan Tah

Leverkusen fan says

I think that would be an important step for Jonathan. I like him very much and in the beginning he defended wonderfully and was our strongest IV for a long time. But the last 2 years weren't that strong anymore, I have no idea why. His game against especially very fast strikers is sometimes catastrophic because he can't keep up with the speed and therefore has to stand differently, which he doesn't do. 
He has potential, whether he can call it up again with us or even improve it, I doubt slowly. Maybe fresh air is good for him. 
If he leaves, I only wish him the best, otherwise IV No. 3 first.

Nope. Nada. Nine. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Leverkusen fan says

I think that would be an important step for Jonathan. I like him very much and in the beginning he defended wonderfully and was our strongest IV for a long time. But the last 2 years weren't that strong anymore, I have no idea why. His game against especially very fast strikers is sometimes catastrophic because he can't keep up with the speed and therefore has to stand differently, which he doesn't do. 
He has potential, whether he can call it up again with us or even improve it, I doubt slowly. Maybe fresh air is good for him. 

Nope. Nada. Nine. 

Ten

• Haha 2

The fact there isn’t much ability wise between Fofana and Tah and there is a 5 year age gap between them tells you everything you need to know. Is Tah a bad player? No, but that doesn’t mean we should chuck at Leverkusen the sort of money being bandied about for Fofana. £27-30 million for Fofana is slightly over paying but equally £20-25 million for Tah is overpaying too. 

The upside is much higher with Fofana, the ceiling for growth is worth the slight overpayment. 

Edited by GingerrrFox
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Leverkusen fan says

Nope. Nada. Nine. 

Yeah. Maddison can’t pass a ball, dreadful player now. Ndidi can’t tackle or make an interception. Caglar is slower than a glacier. Vardy utter shite at penalties. Castagne useless with his head. Team full of utter shite now. Don’t know why, I really don’t know why. 

On 15/09/2020 at 20:37, GingerrrFox said:

The fact there isn’t much ability wise between Fofana and Tah and there is a 5 year age gap between them tells you everything you need to know. Is Tah a bad player? No, but that doesn’t mean we should chuck at Leverkusen the sort of money being bandied about for Fofana. £27-30 million for Fofana is slightly over paying but equally £20-25 million for Tah is overpaying too. 

The upside is much higher with Fofana, the ceiling for growth is worth the slight overpayment. 

Spot on. Don't spend for spending sake. Tah would be an expensive 3rd choice and if he can't deal with the pace of the Bundesliga he's going to struggle here I would suggest. Fofana looks a brilliant prospect but if we can't afford him or they refuse to let him go then that's life but don't let's compound the problem.

Who knows what the truth is in all these things though. If the magic happened and we got Castagne, Under and Fofana we'd have to concede that great efforts have been made made this transfer window . If it doesn't all come off then we can at least see the calibre of effort being made. We are badly in need of a further striker imo but that has to be problematic in that in Vardy, we do to some extent have a Harry Kane type situation. I believe that they know what they are doing in an odd set of circumstances and possible restrictions. 

• Like 1

All this ‘Pace of the premier league’ talk, Jonny Evans is not what you’d call rapid! This is the guy we’re looking for our new CB to be in direct competition with for a starting berth.

There are lots of examples of brilliant centre backs whose strongest suit isn’t pace, like Evans. 

I personally think Tah and Soyuncu would be a formidable pairing and blend, just like Soyuncu and Evans are.

Edited by FoxinNotts

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Spot on. Don't spend for spending sake. Tah would be an expensive 3rd choice and if he can't deal with the pace of the Bundesliga he's going to struggle here I would suggest. Fofana looks a brilliant prospect but if we can't afford him or they refuse to let him go then that's life but don't let's compound the problem.

Who knows what the truth is in all these things though. If the magic happened and we got Castagne, Under and Fofana we'd have to concede that great efforts have been made made this transfer window . If it doesn't all come off then we can at least see the calibre of effort being made. We are badly in need of a further striker imo but that has to be problematic in that in Vardy, we do to some extent have a Harry Kane type situation. I believe that they know what they are doing in an odd set of circumstances and possible restrictions. 

Jovic on loan deadline day :fc:

Edited by Bakey
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

All this ‘Pace of the premier league’ talk, Jonny Evans is not what you’d call rapid! This is the guy we’re looking for our new CB to be in direct competition with for a starting berth.

There are lots of examples of brilliant centre backs whose strongest suit isn’t pace, like Evans. 

I personally think Tah and Soyuncu would be a formidable pairing and blend, just like Soyuncu and Evans are.

Huth and Morgan were rapid!! 

2 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

That is true, as long as others can cover in that department. We played a ridiculous high line against Spurs with Evans, Bennett and Morgan... Tah is ok, but we cannot afford to play a high line if him and Evans both played together (IMO). Unless of course Cags played with them in a back 3

• Like 2

The problem with tah is not that he's slow, the problem is that he was consistently punished for being slow last year to the point where Leverkussen had to sign a starting centreback midway through the season. We've seen with evans that if youre good enough positionally pace doesnt matter that much, that clearly isnt the case for Tah at the moment.

• Like 1