Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Jonathan Tah

Tah is a good defender, solid, good with his feet, he just needs a new club to get back on track.

I also prefer Fofana, but the deal looks almost impossible, plus Tah has more experience, especially for Europe.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, mucfox said:

Tah is too slow for the German Bundesliga, that is the reason why he is not in the starting XI anymore.

If I had the choice between Tah and Wes, I would prefer our legend...

Genuine question.... is Tah any slower than Evans? (I’m guessing not) This is the more urgent question, surely

(Is anyone slower than Morgan!? God love him!)

Edited by FoxinNotts
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Has that Wolves has been, gone back? Can’t remember if he was just on loan til the season end!

Bennett? It was a loan with obligation to buy if he played (started?) a certain number of matches. He didn't hit that threshold, so he's no longer at the club.

If he'd started against United last game of the season we would've had to buy him. Instead we played Justin at CB and Thomas/Albrighton as wing backs. Says it all, really.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Xen said:

Bennett? It was a loan with obligation to buy if he played (started?) a certain number of matches. He didn't hit that threshold, so he's no longer at the club.

If he'd started against United last game of the season we would've had to buy him. Instead we played Justin at CB and Thomas/Albrighton as wing backs. Says it all, really.

Had to make 5 starts, only made 3. Could have started vs Utd and we still didn't have to buy him but we realised he was dog shit.

I like Tah as a centre back a lot, as much as fofana looks an incredible prospect and he's twerking for a prem move, I think Tah is a very good option and should be seen as such. Europa league and top flight proven, he's experienced also in playing a high line. Very physical and aerially dominant, and he's not exactly sluggish either. As long as we get Tah or fofana in i believe we've had a excellent window. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bakey said:

hmmm that's a bit much i think.

You dont just become a shit player overnight at 24.

Obviously we would all prefer Fofana but a year ago everyone would be spaffing themselves over this signing.

He's not been up to standard for the last 2 years according to leverkussen fans. With evans coming back next game i dont see a reason to gamble on this bloke, he's not going to leave to become a bench warmer but he's coming off a worse season than evans so i'd rather evans starts.

39 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Had to make 5 starts, only made 3. Could have started vs Utd and we still didn't have to buy him but we realised he was dog shit.

Ah gotchya, for some reason I thought it was down to 1 game from the threshold. That's even more telling then that we chose to play a LB at CB and a youth LB, rather than just put in the experienced CB. He truly was awful...

• Like 1

There was an article in the Telegraph 2 days ago and it suggested a loan deal to Tah. So I wonder if the club might secure this whilst going for an outright purchase for Fofana. If we are hoping to have the flexibility of a back 3 it would be good to have them both alongside Evans and Soyuncu. Fofana is still only 19 and will need easing into the side IMO.  I'm not sure why Tah had a loss of form but he looks like a powerful presence and has plenty of experience-  I suspect he might have been useful against the likes of Chris Wood this week.

Interestingly Tah is being partly kept out of the side by Dragovic - I always thought he was a decent player. 

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

Realistically there will be room for both Tah and Fofana in 12 months time. I wouldn’t be mad at Tah on loan with option to buy, Fofana bought and then either kept with us or loaned back to ASSE to sweeten the deal

Soyuncu

Evans

Tah

Fofana

Benkovic?

I'd be happy with that if we can't get Fofana in to play for us this season. 

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

Realistically there will be room for both Tah and Fofana in 12 months time. I wouldn’t be mad at Tah on loan with option to buy, Fofana bought and then either kept with us or loaned back to ASSE to sweeten the deal

Soyuncu

Evans

Tah

Fofana

Benkovic?

It'd be an excellent lineup and I think it'd work for all parties tbh.

Leverkusen get a player they aren't using off of the books and a lump sum later down the line (an obligation to buy may be needed, but if we were considering buying outright in this window anyway I don't think we'd be too aggrieved by that). If they really want they can take out a loan against the obligation and get their money upfront.

Fofana has made it clear he wants to leave so he'll be gone by next summer regardless, and doing this lets ASSE keep hold of him as long as reasonably possible and get a lump sum up front. The player himself would also get an effective pay rise by signing now rather than in 12 months.

We get a solid player in Tah now to add depth to the squad and integrate, whilst Fofana continues to develop in a team who have started the season strongly before coming to us next year. Plus we can spread the outlay over two summer windows rather than all up front. 

Its never that straightforward so I doubt it'll work out like that, but it sure would be nice if it did.

22 minutes ago, Xen said:

It'd be an excellent lineup and I think it'd work for all parties tbh.

Leverkusen get a player they aren't using off of the books and a lump sum later down the line (an obligation to buy may be needed, but if we were considering buying outright in this window anyway I don't think we'd be too aggrieved by that). If they really want they can take out a loan against the obligation and get their money upfront.

Fofana has made it clear he wants to leave so he'll be gone by next summer regardless, and doing this lets ASSE keep hold of him as long as reasonably possible and get a lump sum up front. The player himself would also get an effective pay rise by signing now rather than in 12 months.

We get a solid player in Tah now to add depth to the squad and integrate, whilst Fofana continues to develop in a team who have started the season strongly before coming to us next year. Plus we can spread the outlay over two summer windows rather than all up front. 

Its never that straightforward so I doubt it'll work out like that, but it sure would be nice if it did.

The problem becomes the risk of serious injury to Fofana at ASSE this season.

2 hours ago, Edingleyfox said:

There was an article in the Telegraph 2 days ago and it suggested a loan deal to Tah. So I wonder if the club might secure this whilst going for an outright purchase for Fofana. If we are hoping to have the flexibility of a back 3 it would be good to have them both alongside Evans and Soyuncu. Fofana is still only 19 and will need easing into the side IMO.  I'm not sure why Tah had a loss of form but he looks like a powerful presence and has plenty of experience-  I suspect he might have been useful against the likes of Chris Wood this week.

Interestingly Tah is being partly kept out of the side by Dragovic - I always thought he was a decent player. 

He was. I think he would have signed had Puel played him more and gave him more respect.

Doesn’t sound as exciting but Tah is more what we need than Fofana tbh. 

Already said it but if we could add some threat to our set pieces we’d be frightening. We get plenty of set pieces but I never have much hope we will score from one. 

I remember the days when a corner genuinely felt like a good chance to score and I’d get excited by them. 

• Like 1