Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Jonathan Tah

Would be quite funny if we don't get Fofana and those who think we can just get Tah within a couple of days (or sooner) will be seriously disappointed, especially if we don't sign him as deadline day approaches. 

As soon as Leverkusen see we don't/can't get Fofana and pull out of that deal, they might just whack on a few million on Tah's price tag. 

• Like 1

On 18/09/2020 at 19:25, murphy said:

I don't want to mention the 'C word', but it has been reported that Congerton likes players that have something to prove as he see it, or, looking at it another way, players that have failed or stalled at previous clubs.  Both Under and Tah fit that bill.  Risky and kind of counter-intuitive.  There might well be a good reason that a player is struggling.

Pearson and Walsh wanted players with something to prove and they worked out ok.

• Like 3

Anon Haj that is an anagram of Jonathan Tah. 

Ffs - what time does this match against Burnley kick off tonight? 

I wonder what's happening on the "Funny Things That have Happened To You?" "Trainers" or "Fragrances" thread? 

On 18/09/2020 at 14:25, murphy said:

I don't want to mention the 'C word', but it has been reported that Congerton likes players that have something to prove as he see it, or, looking at it another way, players that have failed or stalled at previous clubs.  Both Under and Tah fit that bill.  Risky and kind of counter-intuitive.  There might well be a good reason that a player is struggling.

Coutinho fit that bill as well when he was at Inter. 8 or 9 mil pricetag.

Just now, honeybradger said:

Congerton didnt sign coutinho.

That's not what Rodgers said :ph34r:. Congerton didn't sign him. Congerton scouted him. Maybe just like Tah.:)

18 minutes ago, simon789us said:

Liked him here thought he did well didn’t put a foot wrong 

He will not come here again to be in the queue by Wes.  He really needs to be playing to retain his position in the National Team as there are a couple of young Austrian CB’s being drafted into the squad.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SO1 said:

That's not what Rodgers said :ph34r:. Congerton didn't sign him. Congerton scouted him. Maybe just like Tah.:)

Congerton recommended Coutinho and Neymar to Rodgers while they were both still playing in Brazil.

I wouldn't put too much stock in that though as their first European clubs were Barcelona and Inter Milan so it was apparent to anyone who watched them they were highly talented. 

18 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Congerton recommended Coutinho and Neymar to Rodgers while they were both still playing in Brazil.

I wouldn't put too much stock in that though as their first European clubs were Barcelona and Inter Milan so it was apparent to anyone who watched them they were highly talented. 

I tried to say something positive of Congerton.  Guess it didn't suit the prevailing negativity around Congerton.

Silly me trying to be positive.

2 minutes ago, mucfox said:

Tah is too slow for the German Bundesliga, that is the reason why he is not in the starting XI anymore.

If I had the choice between Tah and Wes, I would prefer our legend...

hmmm that's a bit much i think.

You dont just become a shit player overnight at 24.

Obviously we would all prefer Fofana but a year ago everyone would be spaffing themselves over this signing.