Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Jonathan Tah

5 minutes ago, Max Power said:

One thing to mention is that Leverkusen play with the most suicidal line ever - most players would look exposed playing at the back for them. 

May be a Congerton link due to the Hamburg connection. Still think we do a deal for Fofana though 

I've also found it to be the case that really tall defenders sometimes look slower than they actually are.  A smaller guy will always look faster covering the same amount of ground as a tall guy with a long, loping stride.  Tah isn't rapid, but he's not the sloth some make him out to be.

• Like 1

On 15/09/2020 at 20:37, GingerrrFox said:

The fact there isn’t much ability wise between Fofana and Tah and there is a 5 year age gap between them tells you everything you need to know. Is Tah a bad player? No, but that doesn’t mean we should chuck at Leverkusen the sort of money being bandied about for Fofana. £27-30 million for Fofana is slightly over paying but equally £20-25 million for Tah is overpaying too. 

The upside is much higher with Fofana, the ceiling for growth is worth the slight overpayment. 

I'd love it if we could get £30m for our non regular first team starters.

Tah sounds like he's found his level after a great start at Leverkusen. I think we need to and are indeed looking for an aerial monster to supplement Evans and Soyuncu and add a bit of variety to our CB's. I would happily see us pay £30m for Fofana but certainly not for this guy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

One thing to mention is that Leverkusen play with the most suicidal line ever - most players would look exposed playing at the back for them

May be a Congerton link due to the Hamburg connection. Still think we do a deal for Fofana though 

Same as us against Spuds a few weeks back?  He would fit in a treat then. 

I don't want to mention the 'C word', but it has been reported that Congerton likes players that have something to prove as he see it, or, looking at it another way, players that have failed or stalled at previous clubs.  Both Under and Tah fit that bill.  Risky and kind of counter-intuitive.  There might well be a good reason that a player is struggling.

1 minute ago, murphy said:

I don't want to mention the 'C word', but it has been reported that Congerton likes players that have something to prove as he see it, or, looking at it another way, players that have failed or stalled at previous clubs.  Both Under and Tah fit that bill.  Risky and kind of counter-intuitive.  There might well be a good reason that a player is struggling.

Pre-Congerton we built a title winning first team of the unwanted, castaways and players from France worth taking a punt on. 

• Like 2