Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

44 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

He'll want to play at the highest level so will he stay if we miss out on the top 4 again?  He is a player that you wouldn't blame for moving on to a Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern, Manure and Shiekh Citeh!

He'll be gone in the summer if we don't get Top 4. Even if we get Top 4 it will be hard to convince him to stay here, however, we will have a lot more bargaining power. Lots of big clubs will be interested and it's a challenge he will not turn down. Be it this summer or next. We can count ourselves lucky that we have once again been graced with such a quality player.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/04/2021 at 08:39, Le Renard said:

He'll want to play at the highest level so will he stay if we miss out on the top 4 again?  He is a player that you wouldn't blame for moving on to a Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern, Manure and Shiekh Citeh!

He is already playing at the highest level unless you think a move to Arsenal is a step up.Hazard and Coutinho show the danger of thinking the grass is greener.

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

He is already playing at the highest level unless you think a move to Arsenal is a step up.Hazard and Coutinho show the danger of thinking the grass is greener.

With all due respect he's not, the highest level is playing champions league football season after season, winning trophies.

He's not leaving to go to a club like Arsenal, for a ton of reasons, let's back to the real world, if he's going to go it'll be to a Bayern Munich, Real Madrid type club and as sad as it would be to s him go any of those types of club meet the valuation he's gone.

I hope he stays obviously but if he would reject a move to someone like Bayern due to not thinking he's good enough then I'd worry about his mentality. No top player will think that way. He doesn;t seem to have that sort of mentality at all, he's already one of the key players in one of the world's best national sides so 'd back him to step up and become a key player in a side like Bayern and I imagine he'd be of a similar opinion.

The best way to keep him here is by getting champions league football, continuing to compete for trophies and keep on growing as a club.

• Like 4

He's playing at a high level, but he'll want to go to a club playing to win the champions league, I hope we can do that, but it is very unlikely, Atalanta play at a high level but can't hold on to their players due to wages and the lure of the so called bigger teams.

I didn't mention Arsenal at the moment that is a step down unless you want more money!

12 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

He's playing at a high level, but he'll want to go to a club playing to win the champions league, I hope we can do that, but it is very unlikely, Atalanta play at a high level but can't hold on to their players due to wages and the lure of the so called bigger teams.

I didn't mention Arsenal at the moment that is a step down unless you want more money!

To be honest there are no outstanding teams in European football at the moment bar Bayern thanks to Lewandowski .And they lost to PSG . We should be competitive against nearly everybody these days.

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

With all due respect he's not, the highest level is playing champions league football season after season, winning trophies.

He's not leaving to go to a club like Arsenal, for a ton of reasons, let's back to the real world, if he's going to go it'll be to a Bayern Munich, Real Madrid type club and as sad as it would be to s him go any of those types of club meet the valuation he's gone.

I hope he stays obviously but if he would reject a move to someone like Bayern due to not thinking he's good enough then I'd worry about his mentality. No top player will think that way. He doesn;t seem to have that sort of mentality at all, he's already one of the key players in one of the world's best national sides so 'd back him to step up and become a key player in a side like Bayern and I imagine he'd be of a similar opinion.

The best way to keep him here is by getting champions league football, continuing to compete for trophies and keep on growing as a club.

In the last five seasons Leicester City have established themselves as a top club. Staying there is now the challenge and that means extending the stadium, careful recruitment and vitally,  producing class players through the academy.

11 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

To be honest there are no outstanding teams in European football at the moment bar Bayern thanks to Lewandowski .And they lost to PSG . We should be competitive against nearly everybody these days.

Champions league qualification is required to in any way back up that statement. You can't say you should be competitive against everyone if you don't even qualify for the competition that allows you to compete against these teams. If Leceister don't qualify he's not going to sit on his hands and say to himself "you know what I think we'd give Real Madrid a game so I'll just stay here". Your deluded if you believe that.

Fact of the matter is if Real Madrid or Bayern or these sides come in for you and meet your valation your going to want to go, that applies to virtually every club in the world. It's reality.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson

4 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Champions league qualification is required to in any way back up that statement. If Leceister don't qualify he's not going to sit on his hands and say to himself "you know what I think we'd give Real Madrid a game so I'll just stay here". Your deluded if you believe that.

Fact of the matter is if Real Madrid or Bayern or these sides come in for you and meet your valation your going to want to go, that applies to virtually every club in the world. It's reality.

Leicester aren't a poor club! 

All clubs will be feeling the effect of Covid and reduced incomes, I do not think Leicester will be hit as hard as some other clubs with larger wage bills. Big transfers & wages may take a few seasons to return to a level that would be able to take Leicester top players away.

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Champions league qualification is required to in any way back up that statement. If Leceister don't qualify he's not going to sit on his hands and say to himself "you know what I think we'd give Real Madrid a game so I'll just stay here". Your deluded if you believe that.

That is the core argument of the terrible twelve and that will change. This club has shown you can break that mould already and I expect the West Hams, the Evertons and Leeds to follow . Yes the big city clubs will always (Blackburn excepted) dominate these days and Leicester is a big city.

42 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

Leicester aren't a poor club! 

All clubs will be feeling the effect of Covid and reduced incomes, I do not think Leicester will be hit as hard as some other clubs with larger wage bills. Big transfers & wages may take a few seasons to return to a level that would be able to take Leicester top players away.

It's nothing about being poor and I never said Leicester were.

We were talking about should Tielemans want to go should Leicester's valuation be met.

For what it's worth if he weren't to sign a new contract and Leicester got a huge bid this summer it would be madness not to sell, whether the club is poor, flush or anything in between.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

That is the core argument of the terrible twelve and that will change. This club has shown you can break that mould already and I expect the West Hams, the Evertons and Leeds to follow . Yes the big city clubs will always (Blackburn excepted) dominate these days and Leicester is a big city.

It's nothing to do with the terrible twelve at all it's purely a sporting point, whether you like UEFA or not champions league level is the highest level of club football and that will always be the case. Nothing to do with money what we're talking about here, purely sporting competitiveness.

You contradict your own statement there about clubs breaking the mould yet the big clubs will always dominate, that doesn't make sense to me. 

Leicester are on a great trajectory and are threatening to upset the apple cart but there needs to be some sort of tangible indicator that reflects this, e.g. qualifying for the champions league and/or winning a trophy.

In the last five seasons Leicester City have established themselves as a top club. Staying there is now the challenge and that means extending the stadium, careful recruitment and vitally,  producing class players through the academy.

I don't get whatsoever what this has to do with the point we were discussing. 

I never said Leicester weren't a top club, they are but they're not in the stratosphere of clubs like Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, etc, yet anyway.

Those are the sort of clubs that wlll be after Tielemans if he can afford them and the likelihood is he would want to go. The likelihood is that 99% of players in the entire premier league would go to these clubs given the chance.

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

It's nothing to do with the terrible twelve at all it's purely a sporting point, whether you like UEFA or not champions league level is the highest level of club football and that will always be the case. Nothing to do with money what we're talking about here, purely sporting competitiveness.

You contradict your own statement there about clubs breaking the mould yet the big clubs will always dominate, that doesn't make sense to me. 

Leicester are on a great trajectory and are threatening to upset the apple cart but there needs to be some sort of tangible indicator that reflects this, e.g. qualifying for the champions league and/or winning a trophy.

I said the big City clubs.

Youri is definitely a fine player and in his position one of the best in the premiership. He is not Pirlo but he is high class. However if he has got sense he will know that he is not the finished article. If he works on his game by the time he is 25 or 6 he could well chose any club in Europe. He still might choose Leicester though if we remain serious contenders for titles and cups.

26 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Youri is definitely a fine player and in his position one of the best in the premiership. He is not Pirlo but he is high class. However if he has got sense he will know that he is not the finished article. If he works on his game by the time he is 25 or 6 he could well chose any club in Europe. He still might choose Leicester though if we remain serious contenders for titles and cups.

He's already at the level he could choose any club in Europe, his performances this season make that much obvious.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

That’s a big assumption to make ..  there are lots of reasons why a player would want to stay at Leicester. 

Time to re-enter the real world, if Real Madrid, Bayern Munich or the likes have a bid accepted for any Leicester player they'd want to make that move and that's not any slight on Leicester. Like I said the exact same applies for 99.9% of all players at all clubs throughout the world. Your deluded if you thnk otherwise.

It's like me saying there's loads of reasons why a player would want to stay at Celtic rather than go to the premier league. I could delude myself by saying oh we've got a massive stadium that's always full, we win trophies, we regularly play in Europe but I'd be kidding myself on. The very reason pretty much all players come to us is to put themselves in the shop window to get to the premier league and first chance they get they will leave, which is the cold reality.

The above logic applies in a relative sense to pretty much all players when Europe's two or three biggest clubs come calling.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 3