Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

The one thing Youri gets with us is the chance to play football and to improve his game.He actually can afford a few dud games without a threat to his place. Now at say Real,  you don't get that luxury. Careers can soon go into reverse when you have 80,000 critics in the stands. My guess is that he doesn't need that pressure yet. Quietly confident he will be with us for a while yet.

33 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

The above logic applies in a relative sense to pretty much all players when Europe's two or three biggest clubs come calling.

Except that this season they're all bankrupt and won't be calling anywhere bar the financial food bank...

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

He's already at the level he could choose any club in Europe, his performances this season make that much obvious.

I love Youri and he has had a great season but I think that our saving grace is that he is just a fraction short of being good enough for the European giants.   

6 minutes ago, murphy said:

I love Youri and he has had a great season but I think that our saving grace is that he is just a fraction short of being good enough for the European giants.   

All about opinions of course mate but I can't think of many better successors around at the moment for people like Kroos, Modric, etc.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

All about opinions of course mate but I can't think of many better successors around at the moment for people like Kroos, Modric, etc.

Milinkovic-Savic comes to mind and he speaks Spanish and is 6-3 in height.

Tielemens is as good as anyone on the planet right now. He would get into any team in the world and improve them(Yes even Man City). He’s at a great age and just entering his peak 4/5 years, this is why it’s crucial we get top 4 to keep this calibre of player with us.

The thing that helps teams like us(a ‘smaller’ club) keep players better is that having SIX ‘big’ clubs means that they end up swapping around CL spots and find it hard to consolidate top 4. This means most of the options are actually not upwards moves nowadays so less threat than before as we’re almost level with most clubs.

He is 100% world class though so it’s always going to be hard to keep him if we can’t get top 4/win trophies and have some actual success rather than getting close but ultimately nothing. Big few months for us.

7 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

I wonder how long before KDB recommends him to Pep and Man City start sniffing.

Kompany told Pep he was some player in 2019

I've no doubt that's already happened/happening the thing is I think he may be too expensive for them now. What with covid and the fact although they spend a lot of money they don't tend to go much higher than £60m on a single player. It'll take a helluva lot more than that to get Tielemans. Also I think he could do better than the franchise, he can and should go to one of Europe's truly great clubs.

3 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I've no doubt that's already happened/happening the thing is I think he may be too expensive for them now. What with covid and the fact although they spend a lot of money they don't tend to go much higher than £60m on a single player. It'll take a helluva lot more than that to get Tielemans. Also I think he could do better than the franchise, he can and should go to one of Europe's truly great clubs.

He should stay where he is!

If we keep building as we are we'll match his ambitions before he hits his prime.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

You are beginning to sound like you want him to go. He has shown no inclination to leave at all. It was Maddison last year and then Pereira , Soyuncu etc. etc. The main determining factor for professional footballers is pay. As a top club we have to pay competitive salaries if we don't of course they won't stay.

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

You are beginning to sound like you want him to go. He has shown no inclination to leave at all. It was Maddison last year and then Pereira , Soyuncu etc. etc. The main determining factor for professional footballers is pay. As a top club we have to pay competitive salaries if we don't of course they won't stay.

I've said countless times I don't want him to go, you'll see that if you read what I've said.

Top players the main thing is playing at the highest level possible and competing for trophies, for the very top players that's as importan as money and that's what sets them apart.

Players who care about the money first and foremost are mercenaries.

25 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Just in case you haven’t heard, they are all absolute rotters. lol

well, Bayern I guess at a push...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, murphy said:

Are you sure?

The standard of all round central midfielders is as poor as I can remember. When the likes of PSG sign Guaye from Everton, Real Madrid have Kroos, Bayern Goretzka, Dortmund an 18yo Bellingham, Barca Frenkie de Jong, Juve Arthur or sometimes Aaron Ramsey, i`d take a 23yo Tielemans all day.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I've said countless times I don't want him to go, you'll see that if you read what I've said.

Top players the main thing is playing at the highest level possible and competing for trophies, for the very top players that's as importan as money and that's what sets them apart.

Players who care about the money first and foremost are mercenaries.

Youri  could have got a house full of medals with Anderlecht but perhaps thought Monaco ,as champs, would give him a chance of a more respected gong with them. Didn't go well that one. Now he has a chance to start his collection with us. An F.A. cup medal is still well worth having. Let's hope he bangs in in a 25 yarder to help us on our way.

Edited by An Sionnach

14 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Youri  could have got a house full of medals with Anderlecht but perhaps thought Monaco ,as champs, would give him a chance of a more respected gong with them. Didn't go well that one. Now he has a chance to start his collection with us. An F.A. cup medal is still well worth having. Let's hope he bangs in in a 25 yarder to help us on our way.

God I'm out!!!

20 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Time to re-enter the real world, if Real Madrid, Bayern Munich or the likes have a bid accepted for any Leicester player they'd want to make that move and that's not any slight on Leicester. Like I said the exact same applies for 99.9% of all players at all clubs throughout the world. Your deluded if you thnk otherwise.

It's like me saying there's loads of reasons why a player would want to stay at Celtic rather than go to the premier league. I could delude myself by saying oh we've got a massive stadium that's always full, we win trophies, we regularly play in Europe but I'd be kidding myself on. The very reason pretty much all players come to us is to put themselves in the shop window to get to the premier league and first chance they get they will leave, which is the cold reality.

The above logic applies in a relative sense to pretty much all players when Europe's two or three biggest clubs come calling.

So if, say, a 'BIG 6' team (like Arsenal for example) came acalling for any of our players (like Vardy for example) ..   they'd be off in a shot.

I perfectly understand that Youri might leave ..  as may others ..  Little Wes for example who will undoubtedly be world class very soon ...    but I don't think that is a given.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

So if, say, a 'BIG 6' team (like Arsenal for example) came acalling for any of our players (like Vardy for example) ..   they'd be off in a shot.

I perfectly understand that Youri might leave ..  as may others ..  Little Wes for example who will undoubtedly be world class very soon ...    but I don't think that is a given.

I never once mentiond that big 6, your spinning the narrative here. I said one of Europe's top clubs, that's why I've referenced Bayern and Real Madrid several times. If you notice in the transfer thread I specifically laugh at the prospect of anyone leaving Leicester to join a club like Arsenal. Why would you ever do that.

I'm not saying it's a given either, it's not a given a Bayern or Real would even come in for him or in the current climate be able to afford him all I'm saying if they did meet Leicester's valuation he'd find it very hard to turn down and he'd likely want to go, as would any player at any club in that situation. It's not a criticism or a swipe it's just reality but some obviously find it hard accepting that.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson

All about opinions and if's and but's, I personally would like to think he loves it here and wants to stay to achieve things, to actually grow with a team and not just be a commodity to one of the big boys. He would be a key player to any success we might obtain and perhaps that is something he might attain too.

That is my feelings and i could be totally wrong IF the likes of PSG or Barca came in for him. Like i said if's buts and maybes. Only time will tell, but for now i'd like to keep my glass topped up to at least remain half full. 

Edited by Suzie the Fox
  • Like 4

I'm gonna miss this chipmunk faced worldie when he departs for one of the giants. What a pleasure to have him in the team. Some really nice set pieces tonight and a delicious ball for Castagne. On top of his usual calm, class stuff that he produces week in week out.

• Like 1