Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

He’s our gem , but i was disappointed  that The manager didn’t give him and wilf a early mark today , we had the game rapped up , with the next game on Monday it would have been better to take them of at the 60 min mark and give some of the other players a hit out , u just don’t know when u will need others to step up.

10 hours ago, Corky said:

You can tell the lad loves it here, just able to get on with playing football brilliantly, no fuss and drama.

Will everybody lose the mentality that we are a stepping stone. Those days are over , the grass here is as green as anywhere, everything considered. Stop trying to sell him to Real, Bayern etc.

• Haha 1

I love Youri but I would have been disappointed if he hadn’t made that pass. He’s not under significant pressure and passing to somebody in acres of space. I’d expect a £30m+ central midfielder to make that pass 9 times out of 10.

What was the West Brom left back doing? Castagne had about 40 metres of space to run into.

Anyway, great player and what extraordinary stamina to play minute-after-minute for us. And pleased to see him on set pieces ahead of Maddison for the time being. 

Edited by ttfn

Just enjoy him however long he is here. The more he plays the more you get the sense it’ll have to be one of the really big boys of Europe who’ll take him eventually, especially if we stay amongst the top few clubs in England.If he plays a starring role for Belgium in the summer we may have a few clubs trying to get him. 

I've always thought that he was destined for one of Europe's Elite but looking at the current financial state of play, apart from PSG (I can't see him wanting to play in France again) who in world football could afford him. Man City are probably the only other team capable but they won't pay what we'd want and in all honesty they don't really need him. Man Utd have the money but I'm not convinced he'd see them as being good enough to challenge for the CL. 

Now what worries me is that the only way he might be able to secure a move to Real or Barca is by leaving on a Bosman. I think given the money that we paid and the platform we've provided to him I think at the very least he owes us the chance to secure a decent transfer fee so I'd be devastated if he refused a new contract and walked away for nothing. 

19 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

I've always thought that he was destined for one of Europe's Elite but looking at the current financial state of play, apart from PSG (I can't see him wanting to play in France again) who in world football could afford him. Man City are probably the only other team capable but they won't pay what we'd want and in all honesty they don't really need him. Man Utd have the money but I'm not convinced he'd see them as being good enough to challenge for the CL. 

Now what worries me is that the only way he might be able to secure a move to Real or Barca is by leaving on a Bosman. I think given the money that we paid and the platform we've provided to him I think at the very least he owes us the chance to secure a decent transfer fee so I'd be devastated if he refused a new contract and walked away for nothing. 

He'd be wasted at PSG and in France, he shouldn't nor would I think he'd want to go there,

My concern is a perfect storm in the summer of him running the show with Belgium at the Euros and not having signed a new contract by that point. It's not cut and dried like you allude to because of the economic situation across football at the moment but it'd become a lottery at that point as he enters the last two years of his deal of gettting his market value and not risk losing him for relative peanuts or worst still nothing further down the line.

The key thing is getting him to put pen to paper on a new contract ASAFP as then even if he takes the Euros by storm Leicester still hold all the aces.

4 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I know we've been in talks for a long time. A 4 year 110-125k contract would be about right imo, would secure us a massive fee if he were to leave, and he'd be being paid enough to not be desperate to leave. Win/win. 

Give me 5 years. 

19 hours ago, Bptiger said:

He’s our gem , but i was disappointed  that The manager didn’t give him and wilf a early mark today , we had the game rapped up , with the next game on Monday it would have been better to take them of at the 60 min mark and give some of the other players a hit out , u just don’t know when u will need others to step up.

Madders needs his game time managing as he's not fully fit, Vardy needs his game time managing as he's had niggles and is 34 and Fofana was taken off to protect him as he was fasting for Ramadan. Youri and Wilf are both young and extremely fit and are not high up on the priority list for game management as they can clearly deal with playing full 90 minutes twice a week. 

By my count, I could be wrong but that was his 50th game this season -

32 Premier League

5 FA Cup

7 Europa League

6 for Belgium 

And he has been a stand out in almost every one of them. An absolute shoe in for Player of the year and fast becoming my personal favourite player ever to put on a Leicester shirt. It’s an absolute pleasure to watch him play.

• Like 3

Tielemans? Is that what you're all going on about? Nah, workman-like, no real skill, makes no impact on a game, just shadows Ndidi about. Pretty average player. Nothing to see here. Maddison. Now if you're talking about the shining light in our midfield and the player any club should be interested in, that's your man. Game changer. Remember Maddison NOT Tielemans. He's English, so that's good as well. Soooooo can we delete this thread?

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

By my count, I could be wrong but that was his 50th game this season -

32 Premier League

5 FA Cup

7 Europa League

6 for Belgium 

And he has been a stand out in almost every one of them. An absolute shoe in for Player of the year and fast becoming my personal favourite player ever to put on a Leicester shirt. It’s an absolute pleasure to watch him play.

At this rate he will burn out by age 28. Insane number of games he's played since he became pro. Love the guy though. Him and Ricardo are my current favourite players.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hoopla10 said:

Tielemans? Is that what you're all going on about? Nah, workman-like, no real skill, makes no impact on a game, just shadows Ndidi about. Pretty average player. Nothing to see here. Maddison. Now if you're talking about the shining light in our midfield and the player any club should be interested in, that's your man. Game changer. Remember Maddison NOT Tielemans. He's English, so that's good as well. Soooooo can we delete this thread?

I love cannabis and love being high. But bro, what you smoking? Lsd laced crack? Or just trialing to rile a few?

12 hours ago, Hoopla10 said:

Maddison is so disrespected to be honest, Tielemans is the better player but maddison is still very good and so important to our team's success, we should be trying to keep a hold of both of them.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Koke said:

At this rate he will burn out by age 28. Insane number of games he's played since he became pro. Love the guy though. Him and Ricardo are my current favourite players.

It's a concern that he never gets a break, I had a look and found that he's played 402 professional games since his debut for Anderlecht. That is for club, Belgium and Belgium U21, averages out at more than 50 games a season. This season he'll be past 60 given it's the Euro's too.

10 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Maddison is so disrespected to be honest, Tielemans is the better player but maddison is still very good and so important to our team's success, we should be trying to keep a hold of both of them.

What you’re commenting on was tongue in cheek - a ‘hide YT’ post !!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

We finally are using them in different roles. Tielemans as playmaker and Maddison as attacking midfielder . They are both ideally suited to these positions and we have benefitted from Tielemans lethal passing and Maddison's goals.

Edited by An Sionnach

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

What you’re commenting on was tongue in cheek - a ‘hide YT’ post !!

Yh but i feel like trying to offer maddison in place off tielemans for a transfer is disrepectful to maddison as he's one of our best players in his own right.