Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

I'll celebrate when he puts pen to paper.

Phenomenal if we can get this done, he is an outstanding, genuinely world class player.

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 3

I imagine it won't be an actual release clause (seeing as we haven't done those since Kante) but probably a gentlemans agreement of how much someone would need to offer for us to accept in summer 2022? (Similar to what we did with Maguire)

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-star-set-significant-pay-rise-new-deal-clubs-true-intention-80m-release-clause/

Leicester star set for ‘significant’ pay rise with new deal – Club’s ‘true intention’ is £80m release clause

Leicester City star Youri Tielemans is set to sign a new contract at the club that will see him earn a ‘significant’ pay rise.

That’s according to Walfoot, who say Leicester are keen to include an £80m release clause in his new deal to ward off interest.

Tielemans is one of the undisputed stars of the show for Leicester, having established himself as a key player under Brendan Rodgers following a move from Monaco in January 2019.

He is currently tied to a deal at the club until 2023, but Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers has made it clear the club want to reward the 23-year-old, who has been in excellent form this season, for his performances.

Walfoot back that up and state that Tielemans will extend his deal with the club until 2025 and earn himself a ‘significant pay rise’ in the process.

The club’s ‘true intention’ with the deal, though, is to include an £80m release clause as they plan for any potential future interest.

How close the new terms are to being agreed isn’t mentioned, but the website do state clearly that Tielemans is set to extend, so there is confidence it will happen sooner rather than later.

Edited by moore_94

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I imagine it won't be an actual release clause (seeing as we haven't done those since Kante) but probably a gentlemans agreement of how much someone would need to offer for us to accept?

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-star-set-significant-pay-rise-new-deal-clubs-true-intention-80m-release-clause/

Leicester star set for ‘significant’ pay rise with new deal – Club’s ‘true intention’ is £80m release clause

Leicester City star Youri Tielemans is set to sign a new contract at the club that will see him earn a ‘significant’ pay rise.

That’s according to Walfoot, who say Leicester are keen to include an £80m release clause in his new deal to ward off interest.

Tielemans is one of the undisputed stars of the show for Leicester, having established himself as a key player under Brendan Rodgers following a move from Monaco in January 2019.

He is currently tied to a deal at the club until 2023, but Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers has made it clear the club want to reward the 23-year-old, who has been in excellent form this season, for his performances.

Walfoot back that up and state that Tielemans will extend his deal with the club until 2025 and earn himself a ‘significant pay rise’ in the process.

The club’s ‘true intention’ with the deal, though, is to include an £80m release clause as they plan for any potential future interest.

How close the new terms are to being agreed isn’t mentioned, but the website do state clearly that Tielemans is set to extend, so there is confidence it will happen sooner rather than later.

Like you say, I am sure the club stopped putting release clauses into contracts after Kante.

I also think Youri is the player I'd like to keep hold of over anyone else (used to be N'didi or Vardy), and if he did go I think he's worth more than 80 million.

However I'm confident if he went for that amount in the future (if it's true we'd surely keep him for at least a season more  - and with it in place he wouldn't lose any value), our superb recruitment could replace him for less, however hard that might sound. They have (afterall) done a fabulous job of this in the past.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mythyaar said:

Been our most important player this season. Player of the year for me.

And quite comfortably too imo. Honorable mentions to JJ, Ndidi, Barnes and Nacho but the level Tielemans has hit this season with no rest is unrivalled 

1 hour ago, Mythyaar said:

Been our most important player this season. Player of the year for me.

Easily our player of the year. Had Justin not gotten injured he'd be with a shout as well. 

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Nice little interview with the Tielemonster.  Seems a lovely chap as well as an absolute baller.

Someone should have handed him a tissue a bit earlier

Edited by brucey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Once again this man is magic. I feel like any other player drills that cross in hard and low, which would have been cleared by Williams  

Youri has the presence of mind to clip the ball to the back post, figuring out that the full back will come inside to block off the low cross to Vardy.

Putting in a delicious ball that Thomas finished exquisitely 

I think Youri may be my favourite player ever. The boy is a genius

I can see why you would say that. He's one of those that isn't just a good footballer, but has a certain style and swagger about the way that he plays that is really enjoyable to watch. I love his "push-passes" that he makes, or the way he turns out of trouble. Even the simple gesticulating he does throughout a game to get the ball moving and command the middle of the park.

There are still quite a few ahead of him for favourite ever player for me, but he could certainly get there. Winning the FA Cup would certainly move him up the list!

• Like 2

The run from Youri for our first goal last night was superb. Watching on tv you could see it straight off, left his man and gone. Great composed cross too.

• Like 2

OS Match Report

With 19 minutes to go, Tielemans had a shot blocked 20 yards out as Leicester looked to extend their advantage, while a header back across goal from Vardy nearly found the Belgian, whose commitment saw him slide into the post after flicking just wide. This was his 57th appearance of the season for club and country, though, and he was determined to play on.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, filbertway said:

Once again this man is magic. I feel like any other player drills that cross in hard and low, which would have been cleared by Williams  

Youri has the presence of mind to clip the ball to the back post, figuring out that the full back will come inside to block off the low cross to Vardy.

Putting in a delicious ball that Thomas finished exquisitely 

I think Youri may be my favourite player ever. The boy is a genius

He’s certainly the best all round baller we’ve ever had. Can do the nitty gritty, attack, pass, lead the team. What a guy!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davieG said:

OS Match Report

With 19 minutes to go, Tielemans had a shot blocked 20 yards out as Leicester looked to extend their advantage, while a header back across goal from Vardy nearly found the Belgian, whose commitment saw him slide into the post after flicking just wide. This was his 57th appearance of the season for club and country, though, and he was determined to play on.

He should have gone in with his head there. Don't see it often these days as players go with feet but I feel with his head he might have connected.

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He should have gone in with his head there. Don't see it often these days as players go with feet but I feel with his head he might have connected.

i think he could have quite easily made it with the boot, he clearly hesitated for a split second, presumably worrying about hitting the post

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

With the Ball :youri:or with the Post  :o

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, mikey_b said:

i think he could have quite easily made it with the boot, he clearly hesitated for a split second, presumably worrying about hitting the post

I think that's it, he was worried about the post for a split second and it cost him. He lay on the floor for about a minute afterwards absolutely gutted that he didn't just poke it in.