Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

8 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

First 20 seconds. Yikes. 

How Two grown man can talk football....they know fcuk all about the players,their skills or the game itself...

Goughie Really disapointing.....As an ex-sportsman ffs..!!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, chapero82 said:

In recent weeks, Real Madrid, Manchester City, Manchester United and Juventus FC have already been linked with Youri Tielemans. It is now clear that only the absolute superpowers can still afford the Red Devil.

Leicester City does not want to sell the 23-year-old youth product of RSC Anderlecht at all, but everything has its price. According to the German media, Bayern Munich even wants to pay ninety million euros.

90 million euros

And that is fierce for der Rekordmeister. After all, Bayern Munich has made it a point of honor in recent seasons not to participate in the crazy price war in the football country. Apparently they are going to succumb to a Red Devil in Bavaria ...

Read more: https://www.voetbalkrant.com/nieuws/2021-03-30/bayern-munchen-wil-negentig-miljoen-euro-betalen-voor-youri-tielemans-van-leicester-city#ixzz6qd3GLP3d

Here we go.

if a side like Bayern comes in for him for that amount of money he's gone.

Edited by reynard

I think our biggest strength in keeping Youri is his family and mature mindset - he has made noises about wanting to be settled with his family. If we can keep challenging at the top (difficult) we should have a dog in the fight. 

If I were Rudkin I'd be offering incentives for the family to stay and settle.

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

First 20 seconds. Yikes. 

Rice isn't the best English midfielder to begin with (Grealish is). 

53 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Honestly don't beleive they watch much of us at all. Hopefully the 'elite' think like that and leave him with us. 

Genuinely gobsmacked by that. 

I bet they still think Leicester play counter attacking football. 

• Like 1

Bayern spent nearly £70m on a full back few years ago. So they could pay 90 do Tielemans. But they have Goretzka and Kimmich in the double pivot in their 4231.

14 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I think our biggest strength in keeping Youri is his family and mature mindset - he has made noises about wanting to be settled with his family. If we can keep challenging at the top (difficult) we should have a dog in the fight. 

If I were Rudkin I'd be offering incentives for the family to stay and settle.

But would you rather be settled in Leicester or settled in Munich?

We can only hope that Youri has a sense that we deserve some payback from him for rescuing him from Monaco and getting his career back on track so he does what Vardy was rumoured to have done and stick with us for another season of 2

52 minutes ago, reynard said:

Here we go.

if a side like Bayern comes in for him for that amount of money he's gone.

To be fair, Bayern are quite literally the Champions of Europe and favourites to retain it (though Lewandowski being out for a month could derail that attempt). So if he were to leave to go to a club like that then you couldn't really begrudge him the move. He's good enough to play for them IMO, even if he was more of a rotation / depth option than first team starter every week. It wouldn't be like Kante leaving for Chelsea which was painful to take.

For me Ndidi, Soyuncu and Tielemans are all players that I would expect to see send up at the very top of the game, unless we make it there first! Soyuncu and Tielemans have incredible ceilings in terms of ability, Ndidi could play for anyone already simply because he does the ugly part of the game better than anyone else in Europe. Fofana might also make it, but the other 3 are elite players in the making, if not already IMO. 

• Like 3

No one is taking Tieleman’s, not for another season. £80 million? Same value as Maguire?  I think not - even with big H being English. 

I see this as more something which might occur post next season and even then depends on how we build and what we achieve. We might have won the CL by then :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Bayern spent nearly £70m on a full back few years ago. So they could pay 90 do Tielemans. But they have Goretzka and Kimmich in the double pivot in their 4231.

Bayern will only spend what they think a player is worth, they won't pay over the odds (see Hudson-Odoi as just one example). PL prices are pretty inflated so Bayern rarely go and buy from there.

Tielemans will more likely move to a big PL side.

19 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Bayern will only spend what they think a player is worth, they won't pay over the odds (see Hudson-Odoi as just one example). PL prices are pretty inflated so Bayern rarely go and buy from there.

Tielemans will more likely move to a big PL side.

Can see Tielemans ending up at Real Madrid 

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Max Rushden and Barry Glendenning watch about 30 seconds of us a season combined. They haven't got a clue and don't pretend to either.

I have an irattional hatred for Glendenning, he's a fat pompous, condascending w$%ker. McBurnie levels of hatred.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

No one is taking Tieleman’s, not for another season. £80 million? Same value as Maguire?  I think not - even with big H being English. 

I see this as more something which might occur post next season and even then depends on how we build and what we achieve. We might have won the CL by then :ph34r:

I don't think Maguire's value is a good benchmark tbh it was obvious Man Utd got mugged off. Also a lot of top agents reckon there may be a correction coming in terms of transfer fees this summer.

Elephant in the room I guess is also Tielemans contract, he needs to sign a new one soon as having two years to run on it basically gives you two windows to get near his full value. Waiting until next season is fine if he signs the contract, if not then this time next season your 6 months away from losing him for zip.

I'd hate to see him leave as he's class and would be nigh on impossible to replace but he's not knocking back Bayern Munich if they have a bid accepted, there's not many if any players in the EPL, indeed Europe that knock back that move.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Can see Tielemans ending up at Real Madrid 

Hate to say it but could easily see him more than holding his own at Real Madrid or Bayern. Madrid in particular need to start succession planning for Modric and Kroos at some point. Valverde is good enough to slot in for either but they need someone else also.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Don't think we will sell this summer its not a seller market. 

Yeah, Etienne felt burnt on the Fofana deal after 3 weeks and it was a record for them. I think Tielmans would be the same for us for anything less than 90 million, especially since we now need to build our club coefficient.

52 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I have an irattional hatred for Glendenning, he's a fat pompous, condascending w$%ker. McBurnie levels of hatred.

I don't listen to the Guardian pod so can't comment on eithers' performance on that, but over lockdown I started to listen to a bit more radio and loved Max Rushden when he was paired with Charlie Baker on TalkSPORT on a Saturday morning. Just a good couple of hours of light hearted radio. However, Glendenning was on with MR on Sundays and he was unbearable, the back and forth between them doesn't feel organic or as if either enjoy it. I get that the straight man thing is part of his schtick but it borders into being outright draining. Listening to an absolute misery for three hours isn't fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I don't think Maguire's value is a good benchmark tbh it was obvious Man Utd got mugged off. Also a lot of top agents reckon there may be a correction coming in terms of transfer fees this summer.

Elephant in the room I guess is also Tielemans contract, he needs to sign a new one soon as having two years to run on it basically gives you two windows to get near his full value. Waiting until next season is fine if he signs the contract, if not then this time next season your 6 months away from losing him for zip.

I'd hate to see him leave as he's class and would be nigh on impossible to replace but he's not knocking back Bayern Munich if they have a bid accepted, there's not many if any players in the EPL, indeed Europe that knock back that move.

Of course there will be a correction. That is obvious. The economic climate is difficult even for the elite clubs. However it will be a blip not a trend.

That does not mean any selling club has to let an asset go for less than they think that asset is worth. If buying clubs don’t agree then the player won’t be purchased. 

If LCFC values its top assets closer to £90-£100 million that is up to them. As it is for any other club. No one will be forced to pay those prices and I strongly doubt that anyone will. 

the coming transfer window will be very interesting as I’ve said before. I think we will see few big moves and prices depressed. Next summer will be different. Makes much more sense to hold your assets now and sell in a better market if that is what you want to do. 

The caveat is that some clubs might have to sell to stay afloat or at least try to strengthen and remain competitive. I’m not sure we would be one of those Cubs and I cannot see taking a lower offer for Tieleman’s would do anything but damage is going forward. 

15 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Of course there will be a correction. That is obvious. The economic climate is difficult even for the elite clubs. However it will be a blip not a trend.

That does not mean any selling club has to let an asset go for less than they think that asset is worth. If buying clubs don’t agree then the player won’t be purchased. 

If LCFC values its top assets closer to £90-£100 million that is up to them. As it is for any other club. No one will be forced to pay those prices and I strongly doubt that anyone will. 

the coming transfer window will be very interesting as I’ve said before. I think we will see few big moves and prices depressed. Next summer will be different. Makes much more sense to hold your assets now and sell in a better market if that is what you want to do. 

The caveat is that some clubs might have to sell to stay afloat or at least try to strengthen and remain competitive. I’m not sure we would be one of those Cubs and I cannot see taking a lower offer for Tieleman’s would do anything but damage is going forward. 

Of course but you can't completely ignore the context here, in talking about Tielemans, if he weren't to sign a new contract then next season he's got a year to go and in any market or landscape that's not a position we want to be in with any sellable asset. In the context of Tielemans holding onto him another year in that scenario would be madness.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Of course but you can't completely ignore the context here, in talking about Tielemans, if he weren't to sign a new contract then next season he's got a year to go and in any market or landscape that's not a position we want to be in with any sellable asset. In the context of Tielemans holding onto him another year in that scenario would be madness.

Has he said he won’t sign a new contract? Has a new contract been offered do we know?

I’ll worry about that when we have the information. Right now we don’t have to sell and I doubt we will.