Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

5 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

giphy.gif

Youri's goal in full. What a team move, and you see just how important he is to the team with several touches during the build up of the attack, as well as finishing it off.

Class act.

Leicester City comprehensively pinned back Manchester United in their own half with three playing balling centre halves, clocking up over 30 passes, finishing with a superbly taken goal and eventually knocking Manchester United out of the FA Cup. I just wanted to type that out. Also, Youri's passing :wub:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Youri is turning into a living legend already. The boy has matured beyond belief. Look at his leadership skills on the field. He's our quiet general. babyface he maybe but there's a warrior underneath the skin. He's also practically undroppable for the Belgian national team too. I get the feeling contracts are gonna get a boost this summer.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

giphy.gif

Youri's goal in full. What a team move, and you see just how important he is to the team with several touches during the build up of the attack, as well as finishing it off.

Class act.

I hadn't really appreciated how good it was at the time but my god our ball retention is exceptional. We have 10 outfield players who can all play. I wouldn't be surprised with this goal against far inferior teams but this is against a team above us in the league.

I'm just worried about his stamina. He looked dead on his feet after a mere 10 mins against Arsenal. And as Ric said, he's been playing top level football since he was 16. It's not possible to play 50 games a season for 15 years without serious burnout. I hope he doesn't fall off a cliff in his late 20s like Rooney did.

• Like 2

It really was a fantastic team goal, I didn’t appreciate it at the time watching it live.

Looking back, Maguire I think should have intercepted the long ball to Kell, glad he didn’t.

Youri really is our starman, get him locked down on a big new long contract!

4 hours ago, Koke said:

I hadn't really appreciated how good it was at the time but my god our ball retention is exceptional. We have 10 outfield players who can all play. I wouldn't be surprised with this goal against far inferior teams but this is against a team above us in the league.

AlwAYs tHiS sIDewAys & bAckWARds crAp … RoGERz OuT

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, KingsX said:

AlwAYs tHiS sIDewAys & bAckWARds crAp … RoGERz OuT

Fella who used to sit behind me at the KP would have said "get it in the box" after pass #7. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Koke said:

Most of our recent successful teams have been built on direct football in some way (although the title winning team could knock the ball around nicely- see that one touch move v Liverpool) but this side is backed by some quality passing and movement. We are a joy to watch at times.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Wow, I hadn't appreciated just how good that patient and divisive build up was. That's elite football against a bunch of farmers kind of thing. Superb.

The person who said he's Cambiasso but with legs has nailed it. Frightening he's only 23 but with the experience and maturity of a player in his mid to late 20's in his prime. Just hope he doesn't burn out. Not many players come through at 16 and play nearly 50 games a season for 15+ seasons without it taking its toll. 

He is unbelievable 

Could have be me in the tactics thread where I compared Cambiasso and Youri or even Strider could have said it... and he isn't even close to the finished article yet.

Glad people are starting to actually see the way Youri pulls the strings in our side in the entirety of the game rather than a spectacular highlight reels. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

giphy.gif

Class act.

I saw United fans moan about how "cheap" that goal was but no wonder Youri just waltzed through after their defence and midfield had been chasing shadows for the last minute.

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The person who said he's Cambiasso but with legs has nailed it. Frightening he's only 23 but with the experience and maturity of a player in his mid to late 20's in his prime. Just hope he doesn't burn out. Not many players come through at 16 and play nearly 50 games a season for 15+ seasons without it taking its toll. 

If we make the Cup final and he plays every game for us (plus three more for Belgium over this international break) he'll have reached 60. And then more international football over the summer, too much.

17 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

giphy.gif

Class act.

Castagne does so well to retain the ball at the start. Great team move. Just wish the commentators would stop using the old “they’re looking for the ball over the top” shit they churn when Vardys playing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

If we make the Cup final and he plays every game for us (plus three more for Belgium over this international break) he'll have reached 60. And then more international football over the summer, too much.

Says who? Think you’re reading way too into it 

21 minutes ago, M0901 said:

Castagne does so well to retain the ball at the start. Great team move. Just wish the commentators would stop using the old “they’re looking for the ball over the top” shit they churn when Vardys playing.

Also in the goal pay attention to Nacho! Absolute beast mode in that goal, running the channels, getting in behind, laying off the final pass, etc. Really sums up how much he's improved; it's not just his goals making a difference to our play. 

And yes you can tell 95% of commentators / pundits don't even watch our games. Easiest job on the planet really.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I saw United fans moan about how "cheap" that goal was but no wonder Youri just waltzed through after their defence and midfield had been chasing shadows for the last minute.

it was extremely intelligent. they were banked up on the edge of their box and we couldn't find any space to breakthrough. we took the ball all the way into our half and drew them out, opened up loads of space and scored.

fantastic

• Like 2