Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Oxfordfox83

MOTD Thread 2020/21

6 minutes ago, Durnerz said:

Micah Richards can barely string a sentence together. 

Oh these two are absolute dross. 

The quality of punditry has been poor for some time. I know that the beeb want ex-pros but sometimes playing the game isn't enough. 

The managers and thinkers at football clubs aren't usually top level pros (Lampard is one exception; there are others but it's not a rule) and yet we have to suffer through Micah Richards explaining fullbacks go forward and backwards purely because he played the game. 

Edited by foxile5
  • Like 1

Wouldn't expect any different from Jenas. He's a Forest fan, and we all know how much they don't care about us.

I remember him making sure Barnes's howitzer v Sheff Utd didn't win MOTD's goal of the month, even though it was hands down the best. Wrighty said he didn't get a say, and Jenas decided by himself that a Harry Wilson free kick was better. A better Vardy goal was 3rd, I think.

Just now, foxile5 said:

Oh these two are absolute dross. 

The quality of punditry has been poor for some time. I know that the beeb want ex-pros but sometimes playing the game isn't enough. 

The managers and thinkers at football clubs aren't usually top level pros (Lampard it's one exception; there are others but it's not a rule) and yet we have to suffer through Micah Richards explaining fullbacks go forward and backwards purely because he played the game. 

I've never liked Jenas (not just because of the Forest connection) but just his state the obvious style and occasional ridiculous statements.

Someone like Peter Crouch would be a lot better I feel, speaks well, has played at all levels and love how he comes across on his podcast. Richards is just there to laugh occasionally. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Durnerz said:

I've never liked Jenas (not just because of the Forest connection) but just his state the obvious style and occasional ridiculous statements.

Someone like Peter Crouch would be a lot better I feel, speaks well, has played at all levels and love how he comes across on his podcast. Richards is just there to laugh occasionally. 

Crouch would be brilliant. It won't ever happen though. 

• Like 1

Standard of punditry is wank, genuinely it's a bit of a surprise when they give you an insight to what it's like to play. There's a lot of things we as people that have never played professional don't know what it's like but instead they tell us things we can see for ourselves. For the most part they're not very clever, there's too much emphasis on how big a name they are. Danny Higginbotham is a cracking pundit but I very much doubt he'll get a big gig because genuine knowledge and insight don't tend to actually generate much discussion.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Standard of punditry is wank, genuinely it's a bit of a surprise when they give you an insight to what it's like to play. There's a lot of things we as people that have never played professional don't know what it's like but instead they tell us things we can see for ourselves. For the most part they're not very clever, there's too much emphasis on how big a name they are. Danny Higginbotham is a cracking pundit but I very much doubt he'll get a big gig because genuine knowledge and insight don't tend to actually generate much discussion.

Tbf Higginbotham has 13 letters, that's quite a big name. 

• Haha 1

Chapman's a very good presenter. I recall he once had to host the Monday Night Club on Five Live with Sutton, Savage and Danny Mills, audibly getting more exasperated by the minute as the levels of drivel spilling out no doubt caused him to wonder whether he'd paid for past sins being forced to suffer this torture.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Corky said:

These pundits are desperate for the status quo, aren't they? Any player who looks half-decent should immediately move to another club. Heaven forbid other clubs show some ambition- no, it's all about the top 6 (which we were part of last season).

They don't think like fans, they're ex pros, their career was about progression is stages, and they see when you get to a certain skill level, progression is moving to a certain club, we just aren't seen as a top 6 side so the pros think the player will naturally want to move to one if they can, I dont think they care that this annoys the fans of the club the players currently at because they empathise with the player not the fan

Edited by splinterdream
  • Like 2