Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Oxfordfox83

MOTD Thread 2020/21

Just now, Jacnah said:

If you see Peps comments in real time I think this is really a question of language. I don't think he was criticising, just saying that we didn't come out to play toe to toe

Hmmm I think you're giving him too much credit. He said we did nothing, and then Jenas ripped that apart in two minutes. Guardiola knows what doing nothing means.

• Like 1

Good analysis tonight, I didn’t realise how many players we were throwing forward and pushing onto their back four.

Pep embarrassed himself, and has for rodri saying we were lucky, lol you don’t hump teams by 5 by being lucky. Twat lol 

I’m just disappointed we didn’t get the 6 me and the kids were chanting for lol 

8 minutes ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

I’m glad Mark Chapman called Pep out on his pathetic comments  about us not wanting to play

Yeah big respect for doing that, because it Pep being a bad loser, as simple as that.

This is also why this could be a pivotal moment for us under Rodgers. He stuck dogmatically to his method of playing football, and that is one of the reasons why he's such a good coach. But sometimes you need to change it round. There's one team in Europe right now who IMO are able to play amazingly at both possession and counter attack football and that is Bayern Munich... who are the current Champions of Europe... good company to be in!

• Like 1

I think one thing I love about Leicester is we will forever be unfashionable and we don't suffer from any of these 'this means more' type cliches that always get rolled out for clubs like Liverpool, Leeds and Newcastle. We came from League 1 to win the ****ing Premier League and I swear we had about a tenth of the press Leeds and bloody Bielsa have got. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Jacnah said:

If you see Peps comments in real time I think this is really a question of language. I don't think he was criticising, just saying that we didn't come out to play toe to toe

You're right, comments always sound worse in slo’mo’!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, talking_goldfish said:

Surely some of the best analysis of one of our games on MOTD ever, actually called Pep out for his ridiculous comment and heaped praise on the right players (Mendy and Tielemans) on our team

The bit that showed them hunting that ball back as a two and working for each other was top drawer. Also showed how bloody good they are at it too! 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, talking_goldfish said:

Surely some of the best analysis of one of our games on MOTD ever, actually called Pep out for his ridiculous comment and heaped praise on the right players (Mendy and Tielemans) on our team

Would loved to have had them for that Liverpool game. Klopp when he was whinging about Choudhury

Fletcher is a good pundit, more tactically aware than 99% of the morons they wheel out. I feel like less technically gifted players tend to make more insightful broadcasters because they’ve had to learn and graft their way to a decent level rather than inherently get things 

• Like 4

Darren Fletcher is actually the best pundit I've seen on MOTD by miles. He actually knows what he's talking about! I remember seeing him last season going over our 442 diamond formation against Villa and thinking he had just stolen it off our forum, but no, it turns out he actually knows what he's talking about!

Is he going for his coaching badges? He might actually be decent as a manager or assistant manager.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Me too. Was sat near him waiting for a flight at Manchester airport. I nodded at him and he nodded back. True story.

Unrelated: We were sat in Birmingham airport once waiting to go away and Kevin Phillips was waiting to board the same plane as us with his family. My dad spotted him and he was gee’ing himself up to go and talk to him and get a photo for a good 10/15 mins. Finally goes “right, I’m going over”. Me and my mum watched him saunter over to Kev, and he gets there next to him...

”excuse me mate can I just nip past to get to the loo”. 

Edited by Manini
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Manini said:

I’ve met him. He is. 

Likewise, fortunate to have met him a few times from early on when he was a Radio 1 sports reporter to when he last attended a Q&A at one of our events, a lovely down to earth bloke who has been to hell and back after the recent loss of his wife. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Likewise, fortunate to have met him a few times from early on when he was a Radio 1 sports reporter to when he last attended a Q&A at one of our events, a lovely down to earth bloke who has been to hell and back after the recent loss of his wife. 

Didn’t realise he’d been through that. How awful. 

I've never understood all the hype with Wolves. They have some very good players in the middle of the park like Neves and Moutinho but insist on by passing the midfield all the time and just going direct to Jimenez and Traore and last season Jota. They really aren't as good as the media make them out to be and I'd be amazed if they finish in the top 7 this year. Selling Jota and Doherty was odd as well and the jury is out on whether Semedo is cut out for the prem. They were awful today.