Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Oxfordfox83

MOTD Thread 2020/21

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

Must be annoying. 

Yes very much so. Especially when i find myself doing it. I can't stand Man City but living in the north west, I can confirm that Man United are horrific. Their fans really are a different breed and I'm surrounded by them at work and where I live. I'll be livid if we lose twice to them again this season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Manini said:

Didn’t realise he’d been through that. How awful. 

Yeah, they have 3 children together and had been about 20 years married. I believe he's only been back on the TV in the last couple of months. 

It came as a shock to most as he never mentioned it yet still carried on working...says a lot about him really. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Darren Fletcher is actually the best pundit I've seen on MOTD by miles. He actually knows what he's talking about! I remember seeing him last season going over our 442 diamond formation against Villa and thinking he had just stolen it off our forum, but no, it turns out he actually knows what he's talking about!

Is he going for his coaching badges? He might actually be decent as a manager or assistant manager.

That Scottish education...

Rodgers tactically turned pep over and he knows it. Deal with it pep. 

And also the same for rodri’s comments, reminded me a lot of comments made by some managers and players the year we won the league. Shows their lack of knowledge as we turned teams over week after week and none of them could work why we’d done them. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Manini said:

Unrelated: We were sat in Birmingham airport once waiting to go away and Kevin Phillips was waiting to board the same plane as us with his family. My dad spotted him and he was gee’ing himself up to go and talk to him and get a photo. Finally goes “right, I’m going over”. Me and my mum watched him saunter over to Kev, and he gets there next to him...

”excuse me mate can I just nip past to get to the loo”. 

Just pinging off your post...

I dont understand this need to Interrupt or chase selfies withany "famous- celeb" sportsman ,especially if they are trying to chill with friends or family...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, surrifox said:

Even though the highlights show his players appealing for handball at every aerial challenge 

If I was a player at the moment, given these ridiculous handballs rules, I would play for it. Every team and every player will play for the hand and appeal at the moment. 

Players appealing is hardly novel, I recall a certain Matt Mills appealing whenever the opposition hit a header in the box.

37 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Pep is embarrassing. Making it out like we played like Burnley with 11 men behind the ball and lumping long balls forward. We were miles better than City in every department today and some of the football we played was magnificent. Yes we got men behind the ball when we were defending but does he just expect us to roll over and let them score? The only thing more embarrassing than losing 5-2 at home is being an utter bell end in your interview and slating the opposition rather than praising them for a really good performance. Yes we counter attacked at times but the play on the middle with Tielemans and Mendy was fantastic at times. City will not have a team play as well against them all season 

Wonder if his excuse goes over well with Txiki Begiristain the DOF. Pressure has got to be mounting with no Champions League or Final app. after 3 or 4 years...... with the money they have to spend?

3 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Wonder if his excuse goes over well with Txiki Begiristain the DOF. Pressure has got to be mounting with no Champions League or Final app. after 3 or 4 years...... with the money they have to spend?

I said last season that Pep should go. He needs a change and Man City need a change. They've spent a lot of money on some pretty poor players. Stones, Mendy, Cancelo cost a fortune and not 1 would get in the Leicester team. De Bruyne, Mahrez, Ederson and Aguero are world class, Sterling and Laporte are very very good and the rest are pretty meh really. Foden has potential to go to the very top but they are really going to miss Silva.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Phube said:

Woah, those handball penalty stats for Europe! 

Edit: added image (this is Europe using the FIFA definition of handball last season).

63E2D740-8802-4FA5-A644-BFF1162D0243.jpeg

did you see the amount of pens juventus and lazio got last year it was farcical

madrid as well.

2 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Jenarse praising us through gritted teeth. This is killing him inside.

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Thought that was some decent analysis from Jenas for once.

Jenas isn't "anti-Leicester" at all. 

His analysis has improved hugely in recent times.

2 hours ago, trabuch said:

I like Mark Chapman, he seems a very sound bloke.

Don't know him well but have shared a few press boxes with him and chatted a few times.

You never hear people say a bad word about him.

Also, immensely sad the personal tragedy he's had to deal with.

1 hour ago, copunk said:

Big fan of Mark Chapman, blends conversation well, good insight and analysis, is good value to watch on the NFL show too, ready made for the MOTD top spot when our Gary calls it a day

He's better than Gary, far better.

And probably paid a tiny amount in comparison.

• Like 2