Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Oxfordfox83

MOTD Thread 2020/21

2 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

But the point is sport is competition, not moving all the talent in to one place. 

The Premier league thrives because we have competition. If you listened to the pros they'd have anyone with half a chance of success at the big clubs with the rest of the clubs scrubbing about like the Scottish leagues. 

For the league to be entertaining we need the top six to be competitive and that won't happen if we're shipping all of our good players to Manchester or London. 

Worth mentioning that Jenas is a buck toothed turd. 

I totally get it and I'm with you, what a shame shaqiri moved to Liverpool where he's never seen, or do we hear about riyad as much now he's at man City, now he's just another player and often blamed if they lose, I don't think these ex players on the TV will ever change though, I think they probably consider that players like vardy are bottlers for not moving to arsenal. I was arguing with a Chelsea supporter that vardy is a better striker than Drogba in the PL, his argument was because Drogba had won more trophys and played in more competitions than vardy that made him better when vardy had scored more goals in less games with arguably lesser quality supply

Personally I wish that “pundits” would do the job they’re paid to do. There ought to be a ban on them saying: “blah ... blah.. can play at a different club”

The reason being is that it’s not punditry. It’s just speculation or stating the obvious.  We can all sit in the pub and say: “... he’s a good player ... I wouldn’t be surprised if ‘insert club name’ didn’t come in for him”

Where’s the insight? Where’s the knowledge? Where’s the professional input? The likes of Danny Murphy and Jermaine Jenas are earning a career telling everybody that the best players should be at the biggest clubs. 

I could do that and I’m bloody rubbish at football. Even the fat kid got picked before me when I was at school. 

7 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Just seen something that says Jenas and Barnes have the same agent which is why he was touting him for a move. C unt.

you think that Barnes needs help from jeans to get a move to a ‘top six’ club ???

he needs to learn how to finish - that’s all and jeans said the same. 

we’ve already seen some ‘journos’ speculate that Liverpool are interested - if he can add finishing and tracking back then he will fit their profile. It comes down to our ability to move on and establish ourselves as a connective to the top six on the pitch  - then the players are only moving for money and the odd one won’t.  

we do get a little over sensitive on here sometimes .......

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

you think that Barnes needs help from jeans to get a move to a ‘top six’ club ???

we’ve already seen some ‘journos’ speculate that Liverpool are interested - if he can add finishing and tracking back then he will fit their profile. It comes down to our ability to move on and establish ourselves as a connective to the top six on the pitch  - then the players are only moving for money and the odd one won’t.  

I don't consider it being over sensitive to react to the patronising comments we get from a lot of the pundits.

As soon as they realise we have a decent player, the likes of Jenas, Murphy and Mills start insinuating that the player is too good for us and should be looking for a move to one of the 'big 6'.

The names Jenas, Murphy and Mills are just a few of the very poor pundits we have to regularly endure on TV and radio unfortunately.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Vacamion said:

It's wrong to dislike people you don't know, but watching Jermaine Jenas fall inexorably into the upper echelons of sports broadcasting, on the basis of not very much insight and precious little verbal dexterity or original input, grates a tad.

I don't know, I quite enjoy watching him try to cling on to some kind of professionalism when analysing another spurs defeat

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

I don't consider it being over sensitive to react to the patronising comments we get from a lot of the pundits.

As soon as they realise we have a decent player, the likes of Jenas, Murphy and Mills start insinuating that the player is too good for us and should be looking for a move to one of the 'big 6'.

The names Jenas, Murphy and Mills are just a few of the very poor pundits we have to regularly endure on TV and radio unfortunately.

Isn’t that just ‘business’ though ??   Sort of the way the world goes around’.  The only way to solve it to make it a top seven or eight.  I have heard some pundits saying recently that a player would struggle to get to a top six side but could look at Leicester or wolves ......I guess Everton may soon be added to our list ....

Edited by st albans fox

50 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m not being over sensitive, I’m highlighting how connections within the game can drive agendas.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’m not being over sensitive, I’m highlighting how connections within the game can drive agendas.

Which is unfair on some players then ....fwiw, whilst Barnes had a few moments yesterday, I wasn’t impressed across the ninety. But he was plucked out for analysis and you may have a point re jenas raising his profile ......

8 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Just seen something that says Jenas and Barnes have the same agent which is why he was touting him for a move. C unt.

Barnes' agent group is Wasserman, but the same guy looks after vardy - John Morris, his company just got bought by Wasseeman.

Jenas is M+C Saatchi so he's not doing it because of that. 

29 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Isn’t that just ‘business’ though ??   Sort of the way the world goes around’.  The only way to solve it to make it a top seven or eight.  I have heard some pundits saying recently that a player would struggle to get to a top six side but could look at Leicester or wolves ......I guess Everton may soon be added to our list ....

I understand the business side of it and that there is a food chain that sustains the transfer market (e.g. we sell Chilwell to a wealthier club and we buy Castagne from a less wealthy club, even if not as a direct replacement).

But listening to the uninformed punditry/media hype is what really irritates me, hearing the same repetitive nonsense trotted out week after week about the 'big 6'. It seems to get worse every year and also as the close of each transfer window approaches.

9 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Jenas talking us down, saying Harvey  if he improves and goes to the next level, could play "for City" and for a european side.

Warwick Hunt. :ph34r:

I wasn't sure if he meant playing for a Euro club or playing for a club in a European competition. Don't think he knew himself. Still in denial (and not the river in Egypt, although that might not be a bad place for him). 

I like Micah Richards. 

Germ Jenas is without doubt the worst pundit on tv. He’s an absolute twat with a totally bias opinion on most things. If he’s talking about Spurs it’s as if they’re the best team in world football. But the mere mention of us leads to him totally disrespecting us. He’s also just shit at what he does. 

JJ and Sutton can honestly do one. Never seeing them on tv or heating them on radio again would be just fine.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I'm not normally one to even notice this sort of stuff let alone get "triggered" by it but it was just so blatant last night.

I thought he was going to say that if he improves his finishing he could go on to play for England*, but he didn't he thinks the pinnacle is aspiring to play for "City" or Chelsea. It just shows the mentality of the guy it's all about career progression/money not being the best footballer you can be. Why even mention Chelsea that has been the graveyard of many young promising English talents for years.

*This would have made the exact same point without being a cvnt about it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I'm not normally one to even notice this sort of stuff let alone get "triggered" by it but it was just so blatant last night.

I thought he was going to say that if he improves his finishing he could go on to play for England*, but he didn't he thinks the pinnacle is aspiring to play for "City" or Chelsea. It just shows the mentality of the guy it's all about career progression/money not being the best footballer you can be. Why even mention Chelsea that has been the graveyard of many young promising English talents for years.

*This would have made the exact same point without being a cvnt about it. 

You can understand players wanting career progression, but not everyone can play for the four richest clubs and you have to decide if you want to be a bench filler.

Isnt he just saying what many of us would say?

Barnes is great til he passes it to the keeper but if/when he fixes that the big boys will come fishing.

Best we could hope for is 1 or 2 years of quality Barnes before he leaves to further his career (get more money).

Jenas is a **** cos he talks shit, disrespects us and gets paid a fortune to do so??

• Like 1