Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On Loan 2020/21

Full Time Results

Championship:

Josh Knight (6.6 - 90 mins) - Wycombe 1-1 QPR

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall (7.6 + yellow card - 90 mins) - Luton 0-0 Bournemouth

Matty James (6.5 - 71 mins) - Barnsley 0-2 Swansea

League One:

Sam Hughes (5.7 - 20 mins - taken off due to injury) - Burton 1-3 Doncaster

Darnell Johnson (6.4 - 90 mins) - Wigan 1-1 Fleetwood

• Thanks 3

From a luton forum....

KDH

Posted by AndyT on 19/12/2020, 16:50:15

He’s a class act that lad, I saw footage of him on a previous loan spell at Blackpool and he looks ok, squad member/back up, but the lad is quality technically and tactically, think he’ll have a bright future under Brendan Rogers at Leicester.

Re: KDH

Posted by Nearly a Genius on 19/12/2020, 18:37:14, in reply to "Re: KDH"

Yes, agreed. Positioning, getting out of tight corners, recovering lost balls, all excellent.
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Micky said:

From a luton forum....

KDH

Posted by AndyT on 19/12/2020, 16:50:15

He’s a class act that lad, I saw footage of him on a previous loan spell at Blackpool and he looks ok, squad member/back up, but the lad is quality technically and tactically, think he’ll have a bright future under Brendan Rogers at Leicester.

Re: KDH

Posted by Nearly a Genius on 19/12/2020, 18:37:14, in reply to "Re: KDH"

Yes, agreed. Positioning, getting out of tight corners, recovering lost balls, all excellent.

Looking forward to seeing him next season 

9 hours ago, weller54 said:

I once got a loan for £1000 to buy an Austin Allegro Estate..

🤔

That's not the sort of information I personally, would put out in the public domain.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, frany104 said:

Get KDH back in the squad in January and give him a chance. He’s getting rave reviews every week. 

I think that unless he's definitely going to get played here and I just don't see that happening, its best for his football education to stay out on loan and come back confident for a full pre-season.  Just sitting on a bench watching Tielemans, Praet and Maddison etc is no good for him at his age now, he can watch a video of that after he's been playing if believed of any use.

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think that unless he's definitely going to get played here and I just don't see that happening, its best for his football education to stay out on loan and come back confident for a full pre-season.  Just sitting on a bench watching Tielemans, Praet and Maddison etc is no good for him at his age now, he can watch a video of that after he's been playing if believed of any use.

I agree. If he’s not going to get game time then he should stay out on loan. With the inconsistencies of our midfielders (except Ndidi) I would look to play him. Praet, Tielemens, Maddison have been poor in games and having another midfielder who has some quality on the ball can only help. 

• Like 1

If (and only if) we get European football he could get some minutes alongside Praet and find some minutes in some cup matches.

He can’t go on another Championship loan. He’s 23 and shown he’s above that level. Perhaps to another Premier League club but it’s not ideal.

We’ll have to make space for him in the first team. We can’t coach them for a decade and let them rot on the bench or in the Championship. It sends a bad message to the rest of academy players. 

Academy plays need to know the club will give them a shot In the first team. Thomas, Hamza and Barnes are great advertisments. But we need new academy players making numerous appearances every season.

Edited by Foxxed

18 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Academy plays need to know the club will give them a shot In the first team. Thomas, Hamza and Barnes are great advertisments. But we need new academy players making numerous appearances every season.

Every season, really? Why? Not every other PL club has an endless conveyor belt of talent they give minutes to year-upon-year. 

I think the faith we show graduates is amongst the best in the top flight already and we shouldn't be giving token minutes to youngsters for the sake of it. Rodgers has shown a vested interest in the academy, if he think a footballer is there or thereabouts they'll likely be sniffing around.

On 20/12/2020 at 10:02, frany104 said:

I agree. If he’s not going to get game time then he should stay out on loan. With the inconsistencies of our midfielders (except Ndidi) I would look to play him. Praet, Tielemens, Maddison have been poor in games and having another midfielder who has some quality on the ball can only help. 

Tielemans has been one of our best players this year. When he performs well the team performs well

2 hours ago, OllieLodge96 said:

Tielemans has been one of our best players this year. When he performs well the team performs well

I agree, when he has played well he’s been superb. But when he’s poor he’s awful. To have a another creative midfielder to rotate with him when it’s not his day would be a great addition.