Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On Loan 2020/21

02/04 - Todays Results

Championship:

Daniel Iversen (6.8 - 90 mins) Preston 1-0 Swansea

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall (6.7 - 90 mins) - Luton 1-2 Barnsley

Matty James (7.5 - 90 mins) - Coventry 3-1 Bristol City

Josh Knight (6.9 - 90 mins) - Wycombe 3-0 Rotherham

Admiral Muskwe (7.5 + 1 goal - 87mins) - Wycombe 3-0 Rotherham

George Hirst (6.1 - 14 mins) - Rotherham 0-3 Wycombe

League Two:

Callum Wright (6.1 - 19 mins) - Cheltenham 1-1 Grimsby

• Thanks 4

50 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He’s not good enough I’m afraid 

There was so much fuss about him coming here, how he arrived etc- the most baffling thing is Sheffield Wednesday turning down £2 million for him.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

I don't think he ever was.  Very over-hyped player throughout his youth days....probably as a result of his family connections

...watched him in the U23s, I still believe there is a player there!!!

He might just come through late and become another unexpected success, but wherever he goes clubs just do not trust him. I see a lot of Vardy in him, tenacious, works hard and has a talent which is clearly not apparent to the clubs he has played for, he is confident but not arrogant, it is sad that it looks like he will not get to achieve what he came here for.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, moore_94 said:

02/04 - Todays Results

Josh Knight (6.9 - 90 mins) - Wycombe 3-0 Rotherham

Admiral Muskwe (7.5 + 1 goal - 87mins) - Wycombe 3-0 Rotherham

George Hirst (6.1 - 14 mins) - Rotherham 0-3 Wycombe

7 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Muskwe goal 

6 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Wycombe are on a good run of form and are beating their rival for survival. They have six games to pull off a miracle.

I was there for talkSPORT today. Muskwe took his early goal (inside 90 secs) very calmly. Put a shift in overall. Knight was tidy at the back, despite Rotherham creating plenty of chances.

4 hours ago, Corky said:

It really is time to move Hirst on. He's barely playing for Rotherham at the bottom of the Championship, how will he progress here?

49 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...watched him in the U23s, I still believe there is a player there!!!

I've seen Hirst come off the bench for Rotherham a few times now. Hard to judge from that, obviously, but has never done much of note.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I've seen Hirst come off the bench for Rotherham a few times now. Hard to judge from that, obviously, but has never done much of note.

58 minutes ago, Corky said:

The fact he barely starts a game and tends to come on late regardless of the score isn't particularly encouraging.

Just 4 league starts and 1 cup start so far for Rotherham, 22 times he has been subbed on, 621 minutes played, 0 goals or assists

A WhoScored rating of 6.13 so far this season, highest rating has been a 6.96 when he started (played 67 minutes) in Rotherhams 2-1 over Preston in February

Should've tried to get him a loan in League One, or even League Two where he could be starting week in week out

2 years into his current deal, I imagine he probably has 1 or 2 years left (with all the effort they put into getting him you would think they would have given him a 4 year deal), needs to go out on loan somewhere next season where he can start every week, and probably not in the Championship as even with his limited chances, not really shown anything to say he should be playing at that level

4 hours ago, Foxy-Lady said:

I don't think he ever was.  Very over-hyped player throughout his youth days....probably as a result of his family connections

Had a decent England youth career (U17-U20) with 17 goals in 40 apps.

Maybe he was physically so much more superior than the other players and this hasn't manifested so well in the men's game?

Either way at 22yo and unable to get in Rotherham's team or score a goal at Championship level means he needs a remarkable recovery to do anything here. 

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

According to the FT history his contract ends this June

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/history/players/?pid=1598

Would be very surprised if we gave him just a 2 year deal after all the effort we went through to get him

Not that I would be that bothered if he got released after how disappointing he has been!

13 hours ago, Gerard said:

Had a decent England youth career (U17-U20) with 17 goals in 40 apps.

Maybe he was physically so much more superior than the other players and this hasn't manifested so well in the men's game?

Either way at 22yo and unable to get in Rotherham's team or score a goal at Championship level means he needs a remarkable recovery to do anything here. 

There were better players than him who didn't get selected at England age group levels for 'whatever reasons'......and i'd be interested to know how many of those goals were penalties....and how many were scored against Top class opposition?

Always a big fanfare around George Hirst which never seemed deserved IMHO.......decent lad who works hard with a decent turn of pace and good at holding the ball up......but i always wondered if he would have got where he wasn't as well connected as he is...?!?

10 hours ago, Jimmy said:

@UpTheLeagueFox Geoff do you think Knight could be a squad player here next season?

He has been told he doesn't figure in the plans and if the right offer comes in he can leave.

leicester still retain a 1 year option for next season so if they don't get the right offer, he will presumably go out on loan again next season

• Thanks 1