Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Left Back

43 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Right, and then who are you not playing when Ricardo and Castagne are both fit?

Why do we always have to make the left back the scapegoat?

He’s an adequate back up full back, which is what we bought him for, though one that’s still learning and will have some dodgy games. For the most part he’s done a good job.

RIGHT 

This isn't a scapegoat but as you want to make out there is one or your implying im saying there is one I will have it out now.

JJ is not good enough to start in the lremier league yet he is a steady player but not a player to take us to the next level.

Ricardo will not be back in the team until end of november if not longer, if and when he comes back Castagne might be injured or tired from europa aswel.

Ricardo is more clinical gling forward that any of our wingers.

To that end I'd play him as a winger if he is even fit but the end of this year.

If we field average players we will see average results. This is not a scapegoat situation its ****ing common sense.

• Haha 3

Just now, Fox85 said:

RIGHT 

This isn't a scapegoat but as you want to make out there is one or your implying im saying there is one I will have it out now.

JJ is not good enough to start in the lremier league yet he is a steady player but not a player to take us to the next level.

Ricardo will not be back in the team until end of november if not longer, if and when he comes back Castagne might be injured or tired from europa aswel.

To that end I'd play him as a winger if he is even fit but the end of this year.

If we field average players we will see average results. This is not a scapegoat situation its ****ing common sense.

Ricardo is so effective because he runs from deep, in the right back position. Once you move him to a winger, whilst he might be OK, you lose that threat. He's also a fantastic defender. Statistically the best right back in the league no matter what Liverpool and man utd fans say. You don't move one of your best players out of their best position. Ricardo is a right back, we have to play him at right back.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

Nobody was complaining until today.

Summed up....  this place can be a real bore fest when we’ve lost 

Enjoy the wins…. Get over the losses 

JJ is good and will get better…. Timmy C was hardly the second coming today either;...

Maybe we should sign that chap from Chelsea?  He had a good debut.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

RIGHT 

The scapegoat comment was aimed at a number of posters on the thread rather than at yourself.

Dont get me wrong, I’d love a squad full of £20m+ players all on more than 100k a week and all completely happy to spend time on the bench. It’s completely unrealistic though for any club, never mind one that’s not got the financial backing of a PSG/Real/Man City/Barca.

32 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Because he is NOT A LB..... If we are going to push a young player currently in our squad it should be Thomas. 

Also, it doesn't matter if it was the Championship. My point was that he clearly didn't "struggle" at Fulham like you said. 

Ok, he did very well at championship level. However, the Premier League, the level we are at, he struggle at Fulham and arguably struggled at Spurs. He struggled at the level we are at - if we go down to championship, he’d be a great shout. Does that clear it up for you ? 

You make a good point though. Signing Sessegnon effectively ends not only Justin but Thomas as well. Again, why should we be more patient with him then the other two ? Surely if we do business in the millions we should be aiming for a clear upgrade ? A ready made replacement. Not a young up and comer (of which we have two) ? One who can play LB although may be suited to RB). 

Like I said, Sessegnon has good potential and could be a good LB but right now that deal makes little or no sense to Leicester. It’s signing a player because a new name sounds cool.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

The scapegoat comment was aimed at a number of posters on the thread rather than at yourself.

Dont get me wrong, I’d love a squad full of £20m+ players all on more than 100k a week and all completely happy to spend time on the bench. It’s completely unrealistic though for any club, never mind one that’s not got the financial backing of a PSG/Real/Man City/Barca.

Tbh im Just being over the top.

Done well so far and if you see it as we lost against Man City and won today we would be buzzing.

None of the players on the pitch looked like they could be arsed today.

Edited by Fox85
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mr Weller said:

Currently, he isn’t good enough and it’s damaging his confidence to keep playing. There is a real danger this will destroy his development and he won’t recover.

He needs to step down, reflect, work on his game and try again. 

26 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Ok, he did very well at championship level. However, the Premier League, the level we are at, he struggle at Fulham and arguably struggled at Spurs. He struggled at the level we are at - if we go down to championship, he’d be a great shout. Does that clear it up for you ? 

You make a good point though. Signing Sessegnon effectively ends not only Justin but Thomas as well. Again, why should we be more patient with him then the other two ? Surely if we do business in the millions we should be aiming for a clear upgrade ? A ready made replacement. Not a young up and comer (of which we have two) ? One who can play LB although may be suited to RB). 

Like I said, Sessegnon has good potential and could be a good LB but right now that deal makes little or no sense to Leicester. It’s signing a player because a new name sounds cool.

Can he though? We've conceded 7 goals in the league and he has been at fault for 3 of them, just under half. 

Just because he can line up at LB doesn't mean he can play there to a sufficient level. 

If you want to talk about having patience with Thomas, I won't disagree but right now, he isn't even making the bench so clearly BR doesn't rate him currently so it's kind of a moot point. 

3 hours ago, Webbo said:

We didn't look solid in any of the defensive positions, midfield or forwards, goal keeping could've been better. Basically we need a whole new team and probably a new manager as well, because we lost 1 match.

Liverpool and Man U too.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Can he though? We've conceded 7 goals in the league and he has been at fault for 3 of them, just under half. 

Just because he can line up at LB doesn't mean he can play there to a sufficient level. 

If you want to talk about having patience with Thomas, I won't disagree but right now, he isn't even making the bench so clearly BR doesn't rate him currently so it's kind of a moot point. 

Ok, you don’t rate Justin and apparently BR doesn’t rate a youth player with a handful of games. However, how does signing Sessegnon improve us ? Even on a loan with an option. We’ll be having the same conversation in a few months time. Justin’s conversation will be shot and Luke Thomas will be hitting 100 under 23 games. 

The point I’m making is that you are choosing to replace one raw, talented youngsters in Justin. A player who I have no doubt would tear up the championship. For another, fairly pricey young raw Youngster who has flaws which has led his parent club to splash out £33 million not to play him. 

If we can find a more experienced player who is a considerable upgrade on Justin to take the load off him while Riccy recovers, I can understand that. That’s a good deal for the right price. To replace him for a potentially like for like replacement and expect immediate patience from a demanding fan base is not a good deal. Just having a left foot doesn’t mean he is an upgrade.

There is a player in Justin - let him develop.

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

Summed up....  this place can be a real bore fest when we’ve lost 

Enjoy the wins…. Get over the losses 

JJ is good and will get better…. Timmy C was hardly the second coming today either;...

Maybe we should sign that chap from Chelsea?  He had a good debut.

We are not in a cult (wait, we are fans so we probably are lol).

If we play play poorly, fans have a right to criticize - and just as hyperbolic as when we win.

Either way, it doesn’t change our love and (ultimately) support for the team. 

Edited by NaijaFox

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Ok, you don’t rate Justin and apparently BR doesn’t rate a youth player with a handful of games. However, how does signing Sessegnon improve us ? Even on a loan with an option. We’ll be having the same conversation in a few months time. Justin’s conversation will be shot and Luke Thomas will be hitting 100 under 23 games. 

The point I’m making is that you are choosing to replace one raw, talented youngsters in Justin. A player who I have no doubt would tear up the championship. For another, fairly pricey young raw Youngster who has flaws which has led his parent club to splash out £33 million not to play him. 

If we can find a more experienced player who is a considerable upgrade on Justin to take the load off him while Riccy recovers, I can understand that. That’s a good deal for the right price. To replace him for a potentially like for like replacement and expect immediate patience from a demanding fan base is not a good deal. Just having a left foot doesn’t mean he is an upgrade.

There is a player in Justin - let him develop.

Because we would be replacing one raw youngster with a raw youngster who not only plays the position we are discussing but as his stats show, offers depth at the LW position. 

James Justin is not the long term (or short term in my opinion) solution to LB, Sessegnon could be. 

Like I said, if Ricardo was sold next year (possibility) and Castagne moves to the right, it makes sense to have a player with a year at the club under his belt ready to take a place in the starting 11, which would also give Thomas a year on loan to come back and compete with him. 

OR....

He flops and goes back to Spurs but hopefully that year for Thomas on loan leaves us in a better position to make a decision on him. 

It is the sort of forward planning that has saw us do alright before. 

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Because we would be replacing one raw youngster with a raw youngster who not only plays the position we are discussing but as his stats show, offers depth at the LW position. 

James Justin is not the long term (or short term in my opinion) solution to LB, Sessegnon could be. 

Like I said, if Ricardo was sold next year (possibility) and Castagne moves to the right, it makes sense to have a player with a year at the club under his belt ready to take a place in the starting 11, which would also give Thomas a year on loan to come back and compete with him. 

OR....

He flops and goes back to Spurs but hopefully that year for Thomas on loan leaves us in a better position to make a decision on him. 

Sessegnon has been loaned to Hoffenheim 

Obviously with Castagne targeted for that role you’re not going to sign another LB.  Would you consider switching he and Justin now, or trying Fuchs for a game?  Maybe - a case can be made.  Justin is just really inconsistent, a function of inexperience.  If he’s that much better on the right (which has not been by observation, ftr) you might try that (but not against Villa).

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

OR....

There is nothing wrong with forward planning. However, the suggestion that Sessegnon has shown anything at this level to a) have us suggest a few and b) stick him in as a starter and alienate/stagnate two young players in our squad is just wrong. Like I said, if Sessegnon had shown anything at Spurs, to date, they play him. Especially last year when most of their squad was out injured. Realistically, the lad has shown the same inconsistencies, our young players have. Some of the fan base do not have the patience for the young players we do have (Cengiz, 23 and some have written him off after 25 mins - see Cengiz thread and Justin) why the hell would they be patient with Sessegnon. 

I get you want a natural LB who is more adapt and further along then Justin but the suggestion of Sessgnon is just wrong. 

We need to learn to be patient with our players and I am not a happy clapper. I’ve written Perez off today as a hot and cold player but that’s 18 odd months of mostly mediocre performances. Justin, I’ve seen enough to think he has something. I’d be very worried if he lost his place just because someone is on Spurs roster because their is no other reason why he should appeal to us right now. I also not he’s gone to Germany not to another prem club. 

7 hours ago, dayday said:

It’s becoming a big problem now not getting a LB in, it’s painful watching Justin play there, and for his sake he shouldn’t play there again.

I don’t know why Rodgers hasn’t tried swapping sides with Justin and Castagne, and see if that would work or he could bring Luke Thomas back as he didn’t really do anything wrong last season and looks more assured than Justin does.

I think long term Rodgers is going to play Castagne left back and Ricardo right back, but with the doubts of Ricardos fitness, it needs sorting out, what’s everybody thinking we should do for the best?

Switch Castange to left and James to right until Ricardo is back. That is the plan when Ricardo is fit again I assume

I think Justin's been OK, hit and miss, no worse than Chilwell's average although thrust into the role far sooner than planned. He was absolutely dreadful earlier mind, the amount of basic mistakes wasn't anywhere near good enough.

I expect when Ricardo is back we play Ricardo on the right and Castagne on the left. Justin will be fine for the backup role.

We do lack left footers though. Wonder if it makes us a little predictable.