Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Left Back

It’s becoming a big problem now not getting a LB in, it’s painful watching Justin play there, and for his sake he shouldn’t play there again.

I don’t know why Rodgers hasn’t tried swapping sides with Justin and Castagne, and see if that would work or he could bring Luke Thomas back as he didn’t really do anything wrong last season and looks more assured than Justin does.

I think long term Rodgers is going to play Castagne left back and Ricardo right back, but with the doubts of Ricardos fitness, it needs sorting out, what’s everybody thinking we should do for the best?

We are not going to spunk money on another LB when we already know either one of Ricardo or Castagne will be playing that role and Ricardo is only 4 weeks away from match fitness. Justin will become cover alongside Fuchs, that's plenty strong enough for this season.

4 minutes ago, Ashley said:

JJ seems to be the new Scapegoat. Any reason why he shouldn't be playing there?

Seen loads of stick for him last week and this week? Granted if criticism is due give it but I can't see anything from these 4 games that really warrants it?

Responsible for two goals at least. He’s very average.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, dayday said:

It’s becoming a big problem now not getting a LB in, it’s painful watching Justin play there, and for his sake he shouldn’t play there again.

I don’t know why Rodgers hasn’t tried swapping sides with Justin and Castagne, and see if that would work or he could bring Luke Thomas back as he didn’t really do anything wrong last season and looks more assured than Justin does.

I think long term Rodgers is going to play Castagne left back and Ricardo right back, but with the doubts of Ricardos fitness, it needs sorting out, what’s everybody thinking we should do for the best?

Becoming a big problem? Pull yourself together man. We have won 3 and lost one. And have one of the best full back in Europe to come back into the side any day now! 

Not sure i agree with the OP. Thomas looks like a great prospect for the future and may in turn prove to be the better player.

But personally for now I think JJ is our best bet compared with Fuchs and Thomas. And in a couple of weeks we’ll hopefully have Ricardo back, who has, injury aside, been our best player over the last 2 years. Although it would be interesting to see Timmy Chestnuts on the left given that’s where he’ll likely play when Ricky is fit again. 

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Which were? 

If you say Antonio (Cags fault, wasn't even aware he's there) or Bowen third on the counter then sorry Babs but you're wrong.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Justin is harshly treated by our fans. 

Might have a blinder against Villa in couple weeks time and probably won't get enough credit. A player that fans love to hate or hate on, weirdly. 

I don’t like knocking players but he looks very uncomfortable at left back.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Might have a blinder against Villa in couple weeks time and probably won't get enough credit. A player that fans love to hate or hate on, weirdly. 

I don't think he is harshly treated. Burnley and Man City 2nd halves aside he's looked poor and been responsible for several goals The criticism is warranted imo

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Idk, people seemed to go overboard positive on him before lockdown. But that's this place for you, go overboard when something is good and crash when something is bad. 

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Average doesn’t get you a move from league 1 to the premier. Average doesn’t get you an under 21 call up and average doesn’t get above average performances which he has shown on occasion. Not average, young and developing. If he was at the level we hope he does progress, he won’t be here. 

• Like 4

He's a young lad who was playing league one football not so long ago so will make mistakes.

I do think he will get better but then again I think we can massively upgrade him.

My concern is how any big or decent centre forward drop straight onto him as they know he's a weak link.

However, today it looked like he won a competition to play premier league football.

Edited by TrickyTrevLeftPeg
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Burnley game.

1 goal. 

Which, if it was last season wouldn't have counted. Argubally a foul too. 

Let's start with the chasing down of last week and starting the attacking for our second. Not to mention still pressing leading to the phase of play which Youri puts Castange in. 

Or the penalty win at West Brom?

• Like 1