Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Left Back

Just now, Webbo said:

We didn't look solid in any of the defensive positions, midfield or forwards, goal keeping could've been better. Basically we need a whole new team and probably a new manager as well, because we lost 1 match.

I’m referring to all the games, corners and free kicks, we get beat to easily in the air.

3 minutes ago, dayday said:

I’m referring to all the games, corners and free kicks, we get beat to easily in the air.

All JJ fault OR the fact we zonal mark? Surely if its that big of a problem we'd change or style? 👀

JJ needs to be dropped for the next game after the break. He’s got a good career ahead of him but in our first 3 games, he was the obvious weak link. And then today, in a game where everyone was poor, he was particularly bad. We can’t afford to carry him. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Sessegnon on loan with an option to buy.... 

Why? Castagne hasn't been signed to be back up to Ricardo, its obvious he'll play left back once Ricardo return. No idea why he's not already, but Rodgers baffles me sometimes. So we have Castagne, Fuchs, Thomas and Justin all available at left back. We don't need another.

Edited by Facecloth

14 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Swap Castage and Justin round maybe. If Castagne is going to end up there when Ricardo is fit, maybe just go there now. 

This is what concerns me.... does this mean Castagne will not be playing as a left back? Because wouldn’t you just swap them if this was to be the case? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

This is what concerns me.... does this mean Castagne will not be playing as a left back? Because wouldn’t you just swap them if this was to be the case? 

When he initially played right back against West brom I assumed Rodgers was just thinking he's played mainly right back so let's ease him in gently. The fact he's stayed there is both worrying and confusing.

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

When he initially played right back against West brom I assumed Rodgers was just thinking he's played mainly right back so let's ease him in gently. The fact he's stayed there is both worrying and confusing.

I’ve got a mate who’s a Brentford fan. And he is convinced we’re trying to get Rico Henry.....

57 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Nobody was complaining until today.

I and many others have felt James Justin (despite his talent) is under performing currently, and he is. Whether talent at PL level or loss of concentration, he is being found currently.

33 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

how would that be a better option for us ? He struggled with Fulham and has not really pulled up trees at Spurs. Probably not ready for regular first team football in the PL. We’d be left developing a player while leaving Justin who is our player to sit on the bench and stagnate on the bench. It would be a very strange bit of business.

Firstly, he's a LB so he is already off to a better start than JJ. 

Struggled at Fulham? I'm interested to know how you've reached that conclusion as he scored 20 goals with 10 assists in 70 games that led him to be signed for £24m...... Struggled? Really? 

He's been unlucky with injuries at Spurs. 

Developing him is where the "option to buy" would come in. It would actually be a really smart move in the sense of planning ahead. If Ricardo was to go next year, Castagne would move to RB and we would need a LB anyway.... 

(Doesn't really matter anyway  he's off to Hoffenhiem....... OFFENHIEM)

3 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Zinchenko season long loan

Again same point I made about Sessegnon.

25 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Why? Castagne hasn't been signed to be back up to Ricardo, its obvious he'll play left back once Ricardo return. No idea why he's not already, but Rodgers baffles me sometimes. So we have Castagne, Fuchs, Thomas and Justin all available at left back. We don't need another.

You can see in the run of games since Ricardo's injury that defensively JJ has improved 10 fold, at times he gets caught out but his pace gets him out of trouble but going forward he's too frustrating to watch, his crossing is wasteful and as for his first touch, I counted 4 times today he couldn't control the ball on the touchline and the ball went out for a throwing, schoolboy stuff really

Our 3 centre backs especially Evans and Cags were the problem in defence today not dealing with a basic striker.

Give West Ham 2 goals like that then you really are gonna struggle to break them down especially without arguably our most creative midfielder (Maddison) and most in form (Praet).

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

1 goal. 

Which, if it was last season wouldn't have counted. Argubally a foul too. 

Let's start with the chasing down of last week and starting the attacking for our second. Not to mention still pressing leading to the phase of play which Youri puts Castange in. 

Or the penalty win at West Brom?

Two goals, watch the free kick back. Weak again against their player.

Soyuncu also shite in that game, and partially at fault for both.

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Average doesn’t get you a move from league 1 to the premier. Average doesn’t get you an under 21 call up and average doesn’t get above average performances which he has shown on occasion. Not average, young and developing. If he was at the level we hope he does progress, he won’t be here. 

His performances have been bang average so far for me. And yeah I could point out many shite players who’ve got caps or got moves and been worse than average.

Ive not slated him, but he’s been at fault quite a bit since he came into the team and I’m not sold on him at all. 

Edited by Babylon