Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

46 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

We should play a fully reserve 11 in this one, it’s a pointless game for what is left of our season. 

I remember when we took a full reserve side to West Ham after Xmas and won …..

amazing what confidence and a consistent style of play does for a team ……

The cash for positions in the EPL far outweigh the ECL and the more cash we win means higher transfer budget. Playing on Thursdays’ next season will again hinder the performances in the domestic completions. A fairly ordinary  Arsenal team have benefited from no Europa League and lie 5th. May be one season off for us might have some benefits in the medium term. Although attracting players does become more of a recruitment issue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

The cash for positions in the EPL far outweigh the ECL and the more cash we win means higher transfer budget. Playing on Thursdays’ next season will again hinder the performances in the domestic completions. A fairly ordinary  Arsenal team have benefited from no Europa League and lie 5th. May be one season off for us might have some benefits in the medium term. Although attracting players does become more of a recruitment issue.

Europa Lge bring in around £30 M 

16 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

We should play a fully reserve 11 in this one, it’s a pointless game for what is left of our season. 

I try to remember if our fans had this mentality when Martin had us hovering in similar positions. Is this just the new age fan? All or nothing? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Wonder how much of the link to recent injury crises is due to not only a bit of bad luck but also pushing the squad to its limit again and again. If you look at the number of competitive games we have played it has continually gone up and been at its highest under Rodgers (2016/17 aside) - who seems to try and progress to the latter stages of every cup competition. Since We have been promoted:

Season - Games

14/15 - 42

15/16 - 43

16/17 - 54

17/18 - 47

18/19 - 43

19/20 - 48

20/21 - 53

21/22 - 53 minimum

I definitely think we find ourselves in a position where our first 11 is as good as those competing for top 6/4 - but our squad isn't. I hope we don't miss out but it would be interesting to see how we do next season if we have no European commitments.

Exactly. Our fit first XI have the quality of challenging top 4. Rodgers in his interview yesterday told the truth about the overall quality of the squad. The problem remains though. Even if we're willing to spend big to depthen the squad which players will decide to join? Experienced ones will not be happy by having a squad rotation role, younger ones will need more games. 

12 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Exactly. Our fit first XI have the quality of challenging top 4. Rodgers in his interview yesterday told the truth about the overall quality of the squad. The problem remains though. Even if we're willing to spend big to depthen the squad which players will decide to join? Experienced ones will not be happy by having a squad rotation role, younger ones will need more games. 

You recruit to improve the starting 11, which challenges those in the starting 11 to fight for their position. Experienced players won't be satisfied with a squad rotation role, and will push for a move after a year or two, like Praet. Unless you are recruiting an older experienced player who knows his role (like Fuchs and Morgan's role last season and what Bertrand was recruited for this year) or a younger player "for the future", every player you recruit shouldn't be recruited for squad depth in rotation, but to fight for the starting 11.

This necessarily creates some churn in the squad, but that keeps it fresh.

18 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

You recruit to improve the starting 11, which challenges those in the starting 11 to fight for their position. Experienced players won't be satisfied with a squad rotation role, and will push for a move after a year or two, like Praet. Unless you are recruiting an older experienced player who knows his role (like Fuchs and Morgan's role last season and what Bertrand was recruited for this year) or a younger player "for the future", every player you recruit shouldn't be recruited for squad depth in rotation, but to fight for the starting 11.

This necessarily creates some churn in the squad, but that keeps it fresh.

True. I think my worries are mostly driven by the lack of interest that most players show nowadays to make the decision to move to Leicester or even stay with us after a couple of years. It's all about money and possibly better nightlife/lifestyle (or whatever) for them. 

Or I'm just still bitter that we didn't manage to keep certain players even with Champions League football and I had the personal ambition/illusion to see our team fighting up there again for the PL trophy. 

Just now, Fear Of The Fox said:

True. I think my worries are mostly driven by the lack of interest that most players show nowadays to make the decision to move to Leicester or even stay with us after a couple of years. It's all about money and possibly better nightlife/lifestyle (or whatever) for them. 

Or I'm just still bitter that we didn't manage to keep certain players even with Champions League football and I had the personal ambition/illusion to see our team fighting up there again for the PL trophy. 

I understand the issue about night life, etc. But so many in our squad don't even live in Leicester ... some are as far away as Manchester. Even if you lived on the outer edge of the London metro area, you could commute (leaving aside the fact that Market Harborough is supposedly in London's commuter belt, according my realtor!)

1 hour ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Agree particularly on the last bit, and this is the big challenge for us. Decent players will go and sit on a bench at Man Utd but the won't be happy doing so at Leicester necessarily. Not an easy one to solve!

5 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Agree particularly on the last bit, and this is the big challenge for us. Decent players will go and sit on a bench at Man Utd but the won't be happy doing so at Leicester necessarily. Not an easy one to solve!

They're more than happy there sitting on the bench earning millions. More time for them to be on Instagram, Twitter etc. I don't even know if they have training schedules at ManU. They probably go for a training session and kick the ball for 30min with their mobile phones in hand. 

• Like 1

On 09/04/2022 at 11:11, mozartfox said:

Does a couple of places higher and the subsequent few million outweigh the financial benefit for entry to the EL next season? Taking extra sponsorships, ticket sales, prize money, TV revenue etc into account.

Edited by Leeds Fox

1 hour ago, Leeds Fox said:

Does a couple of places higher and the subsequent few million outweigh the financial benefit for entry to the EL next season? Taking extra sponsorships, ticket sales, prize money, TV revenue etc into account.

No idea. That would depend on how far in the competition we were to go.  You would also need to factor in a potentially higher league position next season without Thursday fun nights.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Wonder how much of the link to recent injury crises is due to not only a bit of bad luck but also pushing the squad to its limit again and again. If you look at the number of competitive games we have played it has continually gone up and been at its highest under Rodgers (2016/17 aside) - who seems to try and progress to the latter stages of every cup competition. Since We have been promoted:

Season - Games

14/15 - 42

15/16 - 43

16/17 - 54

17/18 - 47

18/19 - 43

19/20 - 48

20/21 - 53

21/22 - 53 minimum

I definitely think we find ourselves in a position where our first 11 is as good as those competing for top 6/4 - but our squad isn't. I hope we don't miss out but it would be interesting to see how we do next season if we have no European commitments.

I don't know the answer to this but based on our own experiences for a decade or more, EFL teams play at least 46 games a season, often much more with cups etc and they don't have the luxury of the sort of squads wealthy and ambitious PL squads have but I don't recall us having the sort of injury problems seen in this last 12-18 months but maybe I've blocked it out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't know the answer to this but based on our own experiences for a decade or more, EFL teams play at least 46 games a season, often much more with cups etc and they don't have the luxury of the sort of squads wealthy and ambitious PL squads have but I don't recall us having the sort of injury problems seen in this last 12-18 months but maybe I've blocked it out.

Yeh that's a fair point. Guess there is an intensity and quality step up which might make the accumulation more difficult at this level though? I don't know. Not a definite link but we don't write off the cups under Rodgers.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Maddison - should be okay for Wednesday, hamstring

Ricardo - out for couple of weeks (rest of season)

JJ - hopefully be okay for Wednesday

Justin is done. Dislocated shoulder after 5 mins v Roma but we thought ah **** it let’s let him play 90

57 minutes ago, Bert said:

Justin is done. Dislocated shoulder after 5 mins v Roma but we thought ah **** it let’s let him play 90

Is that confirmed? just not read anything that suggests that, so my apologies if that is the case.