Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

6 minutes ago, glasgowfox said:

So how long do you wait to see if it can be managed or needs surgery???? Vardy played many games and scored many goals before finally having surgery...we will have to agree to disagree but as I first stated whoever has that crystal ball would be winning the lottery every week rather than saying on a Sunday morning I knew they would be the winning numbers 😴😴😴

I don’t get why you have to keep making sly digs though? Like genuinely what is the point? 

I’ve made a point you disagree with it - no need to keep making the snide comments. It makes you look petty 🤷🏼‍♂️

Guest glasgowfox
Just now, Dames said:

I don’t get why you have to keep making sly digs though? Like genuinely what is the point? 

I’ve made a point you disagree with it - no need to keep making the snide comments. It makes you look petty 🤷🏼‍♂️

Go on admit it.......u made a very sweeping statement and how u can blame Rodgers is baffling...enjoy your evening mystic meg

3 hours ago, Dames said:

So if Kasper is injured we’ll be playing our third choice keeper because Brendan and the medical team let Danny Ward carry a knock for a while with no intention of playing him? 

Why on Earth did they not just get him operated on as soon as he needed it? 

Unless you have access to Ward medical notes or have examined him you have no idea whether they have done the right or the wrong thing.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

To try to remain civil, in an ideal world and with  everything being black/white, maybe so. But these things just aren't easy - what might seem a simple solution in hindsight just won't be apparent so clearly at the time, because otherwise, that's what would be done.

The point remains - every player will be at some degree of risk every time they move a muscle, that's just how it is. Some people seem absolutely certain that BR's methods are the cause (and are quite vocal and repetitive in being sarcastic about it too), others think we've been plain unlucky. The truth is probably somewhere in between, but I wouldn't care to speculate at what point on the continuum it is.

What do you mean by trying to remain civil? Is there something that I said that requires an uncivil response? I have an opinion, you disagree with it. This is a forum for the sharing of opinions and discussing football related matters right? 

Back to the discussion, I see what you’re saying. Hindsight always helps but with the rate injuries have been happening at this club you’d think after 2 years an extra degree of precaution would be taken. I can’t say much about his methods but I can say that he has on multiple occasions rushed players back or allowed them to play too long with injuries that have ended up getting worse. 

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Unless you have access to Ward medical notes or have examined him you have no idea whether they have done the right or the wrong thing.

Rodgers said himself that he was carrying it for weeks. Either he was mismanaged and it got worse or they knew it needed surgery from the off and delayed it anyway. 

35 minutes ago, majaco said:

Jakupovic is probably one of the best third choice keepers around.  

Itks:  am I right in thinking Brad Young would be next in line and unlikely to disgrace himself?

Young or Odunze, one an England U20 keeper, the other USA U21, who has had a call up to the full USA squad before.

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Young or Odunze, one an England U20 keeper, the other USA U21, who has had a call up to the full USA squad before.

Young has impressed me when I’ve seen the 23s, to be fair the lad at Dunfermline looks solid too! Never really see Odunze! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lesta2014 said:

Young has impressed me when I’ve seen the 23s, to be fair the lad at Dunfermline looks solid too! Never really see Odunze! 

I do know Odunze seemed to be on a mission to kill some Rennes fans on Thursday, absolutely blasting shots into them in pre-match lol

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

1 minute ago, Lesta2014 said:

How do you think they would cope in the EPL?

I am minded that Rennes 19 yo keeper did OK I  the Europa Conference

54 minutes ago, majaco said:

How do you think they would cope in the EPL?

I am minded that Rennes 19 yo keeper did OK I  the Europa Conference

Not too sure, I've seen more of Young than Odunze. Young is a winner, he's like Kasper in he absolutely hates losing and is constantly talking and demanding of his players. He's very highly rated.

1 hour ago, Dames said:

Someone is a tad sensitive.

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Was it their player that caused it after their goal? Or did he twist it trying to save the shot? 

I think it was trying to save the shot, no idea what he did. I doubt it'll be anything serious, he was walking off fine at the end.

On terms of injuries...

Are Vardy, Ndidi and Fofana our most irreplaceable players?

Without them, we won today.

I would suggest that along with Maddison and Barnes, they are probably among the first names.on the first choice team sheet.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Spudulike said:

He's played a lot this season, far more than expected. Good timing that JJ is back (or have I just jinxed that?). 

All 3 remaining full backs have quite easily got another injury in them at any moment, and it would be of no surprise if all 3 got injured again this season. 

5 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Someone will be twisting it somehow and blaming it on Rodgers, Seagrave or Rennie no longer being at the club.

It's not really that surprising that if we do indeed have an issue with the condition of our players that have led to a number of these injuries that it's not going to miraculously vanish when they go on international duty, especially not when our manager is offering such players out to their national sides when said players have pretty much been injured for 10 of the last 12 months. Staggering.

• Sad 1