Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

28 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Vardy?

“I just had a quick chat with Jamie, he’d been running in straight lines, but when he was opening up the MCL, when he was striking the ball, he had pain. It doesn’t sound as if he’s too close to being back.”

I don't care if he's on crutches get him on the pitch for the winning goal in the UECL final. The Vardy movie needs its ending.

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

FFS. I don't think we can win that competition with Ndidi AND Vardy unavailable throughout. 

Hope Nacho and Soumare / Hamza prove me wrong of course!

I hope the fans give the players/manager a break. Very few squads could cope with this amount of long term injuries to key players.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Don’t be surprised if we don’t see Vardy again this season 

He's 35, hasn't been looked after or indeed looked after himself in the same way a youth product would have, and he's gone from having recurring niggles to something clearly quite serious.

Personally i'd be surprised if we see him as a starter/full 90 mins again... and it's devastating.

8 minutes ago, AjcW said:

He's 35, hasn't been looked after or indeed looked after himself in the same way a youth product would have, and he's gone from having recurring niggles to something clearly quite serious.

Personally i'd be surprised if we see him as a starter/full 90 mins again... and it's devastating.

Not that devastating as …. he’s 35. His career will come to an end at some point in the next two or three years no matter what happens.

If he never plays for us again his performances and contribution to the club will have already reached legendary status. Glass half full suggests that we should use his absence as an opportunity to start building the team without him and see any return as a bonus. 

Edited by Jobyfox
  • Like 1

Gong to be controversial, we need to start building for the future, more game time for Nacho and Daka will not do them any harm. 

Form a ECL point of view, his record in Europe competition for us isn't that great, 4 goals in 17 games. 

In fact his record in cup comps in general is pretty average 6 goals in 31 games  in the FA Cup and League Cup. 

Don't rush him back, lets have a fresh and injury free Vardy for next season. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

Gong to be controversial, we need to start building for the future, more game time for Nacho and Daka will not do them any harm. 

Controversial would be picking Alves ahead of Nacho or Daka.

Edited by frakenfox
to be clear
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Form a ECL point of view, his record in Europe competition for us isn't that great, 4 goals in 17 games. 

In fact his record in cup comps in general is pretty average 6 goals in 31 games  in the FA Cup and League Cup. 

Don't rush him back, lets have a fresh and injury free Vardy for next season. 

Absolutely agree with this. If JV needs an op, this is the time to do it in the hope it helps to give him two more seasons with us Meanwhile, now is the time to show we can transition into the post Vardy era, or indeed what we might need to do so.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Then Daka has to get his finger out and show he is worthy of being Vardys successor.

4 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Then Daka has to get his finger out and show he is worthy of being Vardys successor.

Impossible act to follow I'm afraid.