Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

So, I wonder who we’re going to retrospectively say has been “overplayed” or “brought back too early” once we find out who’s injured after the PSV game. KDH look like he took a bit of a knock and Evans was holding his ankle at the end.

I’m going early and saying KDH has been overplayed by Rodgers and Evans has been rushed back. I’ll just wait for their injuries to be confirmed now 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

So, I wonder who we’re going to retrospectively say has been “overplayed” or “brought back too early” once we find out who’s injured after the PSV game. KDH look like he took a bit of a knock and Evans was holding his ankle at the end.

I’m going early and saying KDH has been overplayed by Rodgers and Evans has been rushed back. I’ll just wait for their injuries to be confirmed now 

I have no idea what people think is too early or too much.Evans was subbed on vs Brentford and subbed off vs United. He's barely had 90 minutes of total game time before tonight. KDH is just an automatic pick right now. Players like Ricardo & Justin are doing a tag team act at RB. With Wilf out & Mendy ineligible there wasn't much more we could do. If he plays kids or the likes of Vestergaard and Perez, the know-it-alls will hammer him for putting out weakened sides.

Everton, Leeds, Newcastle and others have had just as many injury problems as us, the difference is we've had Europe to cover as well. That we're still in the top half and in Europe is a minor miracle.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

Both of them look like impact knocks, no more than a bit of bruising to worry about hopefully! 

13 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

Barnes took a whack on his already injured ankle (or was it the other one?). 

50 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Barnes took a whack on his already injured ankle (or was it the other one?). 

I think we’ll put him in the: “overplayed by Rodgers” category if he’s subsequently injured. Of course, if he’s not, we’ll say nothing and carry on 

• Like 1

Vardy

“Jamie won’t be back. He’s got a final injection on Tuesday and we’ll see what the reaction is to that. We're hoping we get positive news on that.”

Soyuncu

“Soyuncu will come back into the squad, apart from that it’s the same squad.”

Perez

“We’ll see. He’s just out this afternoon. He’s felt rough for a few days.”

Soumare

“He trained today. He had a soreness in his abductor. He’s back in training today.”

Edited by moore_94

16 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

We need Vardy back for the 2nd leg in Holland. Unless Rogers can sort our attack out so we’re actually dangerous. We need goals!

....what would be good would be Vardy and Nacho upfront, with Vardy running their backline ragged and supplying Nacho!!!

Vardy coming back and playing the lone strikers role does not guarantee us goals, but as a two upfront we could be pretty potent and at the same time the first line of defence.

Pretty sure Vardy might not be back for sometime, so that theory is just wishful thinking.

Edited by sacreblueits442

32 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....what would be good would be Vardy and Nacho upfront, with Vardy running their backline ragged and supplying Nacho!!!

Vardy coming back and playing the lone strikers role does not guarantee us goals, but as a two upfront we could be pretty potent and at the same time the first line of defence.

Pretty sure Vardy might not be back for sometime, so that theory is just wishful thinking.

Yeah, I really like to us play a proper two up front, like towards end of last season when we were so lethal and now that we have our backline back we should give it a go. I don’t mind a “front” three with Barnes, Nacho and Lookman, but Barnes and Lookman need to get closer to Nacho with Maddison in support. Lookman does, but Barnes is often too far off and his tendency to be “bad” selfish now ruins moves. Anyway, I doubt Rodgers will change the system now and as you say it looks like Vardy will be out for a while, so I am hoping that Lookman will play more on the right as he knows how to play with Nacho.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

To be fair, I think Perez is a better player as a forward or no. 10., just like Nacho. He has been played as a right winger and it is just not him.

I used to think that but on the few occasions that he’s played in those positions he has continued to generally disappoint…..it’s a shame because there is actually a decent player in there ……

35 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I used to think that but on the few occasions that he’s played in those positions he has continued to generally disappoint…..it’s a shame because there is actually a decent player in there ……

perez is not a top six player - or even a top 10 player.  if we have ambition we need to stop buying guys who are not good enough,

• Like 1

On 07/04/2022 at 22:51, Jobyfox said:

I think you are right - but bredan has the PSV game to save the season so I expect sunday will be sacrificed.  I think we are crazy to be relying on evans btw.
Youri was ragged on Thruday.  KDH should be rested for palace game.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

We should play a fully reserve 11 in this one, it’s a pointless game for what is left of our season. 

It's far from pointless. Teams around us (Villa and Southampton) have tough games. A win helps us jump Palace and if other results work in out favour gives us some breathing space in 9th place with some games in hand. 

It's a winnable game even with a bit of rotation. More likely a scrappy draw in my opinion. Don't see the sense in just chucking it away. Palace have been good lately and will look to boss us around, but we have a lot to play for,.

Other thing to consider is that although so many on the forums are on a massive downer at the moment, we have looked so much better in the last few weeks. Wolves looked terrible yesterday and if their poor form continues that 8th spot is there for the taking.

• Like 1