Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's not really that surprising that if we do indeed have an issue with the condition of our players that have led to a number of these injuries that it's not going to miraculously vanish when they go on international duty, especially not when our manager is offering such players out to their national sides when said players have pretty much been injured for 10 of the last 12 months. Staggering.

Evans playing an hour against Luxembourg was great for his fitness - much better than being at seagrave last week, pretty much on his own …..

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Evans playing an hour against Luxembourg was great for his fitness - much better than being at seagrave last week, pretty much on his own …..

I personally think it was a very surprising and possibly needless move, even the N.I coaching staff were very surprised he was available after less than a weeks training from 3 months out.

Hopefully such a ballsy move pays dividend but based on the horrendous handling of our players for a few years now, experience suggests it won't be.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I personally think it was a very surprising and possibly needless move, even the N.I coaching staff were very surprised he was available after less than a weeks training from 3 months out.

Hopefully such a ballsy move pays dividend but based on the horrendous handling of our players for a few years now, experience suggests it won't be.

I think everyone was conscious of the situation with Johnny - I’m sure he trained etc in line with club requests 

Just now, st albans fox said:

I think everyone was conscious of the situation with Johnny - I’m sure he trained etc in line with club requests 

Hopefully they went against club requests and did what they would do with a player of such delicate nature. We've had howler after howler with Evans in the last 2 years.

Evans

“Jonny Evans will be available whether he’s able to play a whole game or not. He is not 100 per cent match fit at the moment.”

Fofana

“Wesley will be back involved as well.”

Ndidi

“Wilfred Ndidi will be out for the season. He has had surgery and will be looking to get back in June.”

Vardy

“He’s certainly not ready for the weekend. We’ll assess it over the next week.”

Thomas

“He’ll struggle for the weekend. He had an issue around his hamstring. He had a look at it but they sent him back.”

Albrighton

“Marc’s available, yes.”

Barnes
“Barnesy had an ankle knock but has trained well this week”

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, moore_94 said:

Evans

“Jonny Evans will be available whether he’s able to play a whole game or not. He is not 100 per cent match fit at the moment.”

Fofana

“Wesley will be back involved as well.”

Thomas

”Luke Thomas picks up an injury, so he's a doubt for the weekend.”

Ndidi

“Wilfred Ndidi will be out for the season. He has had surgery and will be looking to get back in June.”

Vardy

“He’s certainly not ready for the weekend. We’ll assess it over the next week.”

Thomas

“He’ll struggle for the weekend. He had an issue around his hamstring. He had a look at it but they sent him back.”

Albrighton

“Marc’s available, yes.”

Barnes
“Barnesy had an ankle knock but has trained well this week”

What's everyone's preference, Evans start and then Fofana or Amartey come on after 60 mins or one of them start and Evans comes on for the final 30? 

Still not sure what the best pairing is for league and then Europe, we have to rotate which isn't ideal at the back.

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Still out, I suspect he'll be a sniff for the bench vs PSV and then properly available for the 2nd leg.

Won’t be available until Newcastle at the very earliest 

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What's everyone's preference, Evans start and then Fofana or Amartey come on after 60 mins or one of them start and Evans comes on for the final 30? 

Still not sure what the best pairing is for league and then Europe, we have to rotate which isn't ideal at the back.

Barring transfers our longer term pairing has to be as it stands cags and fofana. Cags form has been impressive of late and fofana was immense against Rennes. Their partnership was blossoming until that thug from villareal stepped/hacked in.  Manage their time by swapping in evans and Amartey according to need. Alternatively starting pairs of evans and fofana or amartey and soyuncu wouldn’t be a problem. Either way I don’t think we can go too far wrong though. We need to keep up momentum and suddenly we have good choices again. Amartey has become a dependable CB capable of playing alongside any of these and in any formation. Evans brings calm and experience which we may need in both games. Having Justin Ricardo and castagne available also gives us more options and flexibility at the back. Shame Luke has picked up a knock. 

• Like 1

Trouble with Ndidi out is you now need to play Mendy and KDH to get the balance of work rate and moving the ball forward. If Hamza replaced Ndidi he’s simply there as a destroyer. If Soumare was any good this season this wouldn’t be as much of a problem. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Won’t be available until Newcastle at the very earliest 

Newcastle is only 4 days after PSV away. If there's a chance he could be involved up there then surely he'd be available to be on the bench in Eindhoven should we be desperate for a goal.

21 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Not really to be fair, it only the last season and this, before then he managed 32, 38 and 33.

Especially when you play in the manner and position he does. Dependable and vital for us, he will be missed. Get well soon Wilf and come back next season ready to lead us on again. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Start with 1 fully fit CB + 1 returning from injury. Evans + Cags and Big Dan + Fofana then sub one at 60-70 mins

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Ndidi being out takes the point we could realistically have a "full strength" squad out to the start of next season. From what I can remember that's pretty much Feb 2020 to August 2022 (earliest) without a full strength XI. 30 months.

Its really unreal. 

It can't all just be bad luck. I really hope the club look into this and find other more sustainable ways of doing things. We can't have half the squad injured or getting back to match fitness constantly.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Not really to be fair, it only the last season and this, before then he managed 32, 38 and 33.

Yeah I guess my comment only counts for more recent seasons. Hopefully its just a blip and next season he’s back to the fitness of the 32,38 and 33 seasons.

• Like 1