Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

I wonder if there are members, who could possibly help or give me insight as to why there are so many injuries within the 1st team squad at the moment. Long term injuries too. Every time i look at anything leicester city, thats all i read. Latest possibly be evans and  soyuncu missing this weekend. Is it too much heavy training. Whatever it it is. Its depressing.

Madders can’t really be helped, he’s not long has surgery and hardly any time to properly recover so he will probably be in and out for a while until things have settled. Th slack of pre-season won’t help either, I don’t think you’ll see teams anywhere near their full capacity until about Christmas I think. 

1 hour ago, ktfox59 said:

I wonder if there are members, who could possibly help or give me insight as to why there are so many injuries within the 1st team squad at the moment. Long term injuries too. Every time i look at anything leicester city, thats all i read. Latest possibly be evans and  soyuncu missing this weekend. Is it too much heavy training. Whatever it it is. Its depressing.

Ricardo having his ACL injury is bad luck and bad luck alone. Evans being played 3 games in a week on international duty, isn't our fault. Rest is likely down to the heavy schedule.

10 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Its happening at every club not just ours. Ours is just more apparent as we've always relied on a small squad.

Few reasons for it:

- 2 games a week

- limited summer breaks

- they can't use the cryotherapy chamber

- other recovery techniques are limited

How come?

https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php

Number of current injuries at clubs, this includes both big injuries and little niggles that have been reported in the media:

Arsenal - 7

Aston Villa - 4

Brighton - 7

Burnley - 7

Chelsea - 4

Crystal Palace - 8

Everton - 10

Fulham - 3

Leeds - 7

Leicester - 9

Liverpool - 7

Man City - 6

Man Utd - 5

Newcastle - 10

Sheff Utd - 7

Southampton - 3

Spurs - 4

West Brom - 6

West Ham - 3

Wolves - 3

We are certainly on the higher end but a lot of clubs are currently dealing with a high amount of injuries, including clubs with a lot worse depth than us

Quick turn around between seasons and barely any pre-season this was always likely to happen with players getting small muscle niggles etc.

Other than Ndidi and Pereira (and possibly Amartey as we don’t know much about that injury) all of our injuries are small muscle niggles keeping players out for a week or two

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Its happening at every club not just ours. Ours is just more apparent as we've always relied on a small squad.

Few reasons for it:

- 2 games a week

- limited summer breaks

This is also likely a reason why Vardy is able to keep playing and not suffering at all as he has one at home

Football is an incredibly high-intensity, impact sport there will always be Injurys. And I do think its a bit futile looking for someone to blame when there is a lot. 

However I do think there is a culture of brining people back when they are not ready. Brendan said before Man City that he would rather have an 80% fit Johnny Evans in the side than no Johnny Evans. And it's pretty obvious maddison was rushed back at the end of lockdown then aggrevated the injury. Same with wilf a couple of years ago. 

However I am no sports scientist and I am not privy to the players medical records so like criticism of Lee Congerton and the recruitment its ultimately reading between the lines in a world that fans really no nothing about so in a nut shell who knows. 

I do like the responses. All make good sense. In particular the rundown of injury numbers from other clubs. Yes we do seem to be at the upper echelon but as one guy said i think, it seems even more glaring to us as fans, as it seems to have affected our key players if you will. Chillwell. Ricardo Madison Ndidi(twice). I dont know if anyone recalls last season but ee went on a drought, which co incided with wilf being injured. When he came back again we were a different team again. Thats why i think having ricardo back, will do the same. We are a very good team when we are at full strength

The worry I have is that when players are injured their recoveries are almost always long and complex. For example is Maddison fit or not? He's playing but he's not 100% We played Ndidi knowing he had a niggle and now he's fvcked again. Very worrying that one of our best players is now entering the phase of being re-introduced. If we injure him again due to poor management, when we've just ushered Dave Renie out the door I'll be furious. 

I miss the days of zero injuries and miracle recovery times under Big Nige. :(

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

Few reasons for it:

- 2 games a week

- limited summer breaks

This surely goes some way to explaining a lot of the injuries, big or small. It's why we've had such a good record for being relatively injury-free for so many seasons. 

I hope we can start using it again soon. I think it's going to get worse before it gets better especially with Europa League starting up in less than a week. 

Generally, I don't think it coincides that much with Rennie going. Some injuries are just unavoidable. 

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The worry I have is that when players are injured their recoveries are almost always long and complex. For example is Maddison fit or not? He's playing but he's not 100% We played Ndidi knowing he had a niggle and now he's fvcked again. Very worrying that one of our best players is now entering the phase of being re-introduced. If we injure him again due to poor management, when we've just ushered Dave Renie out the door I'll be furious. 

I miss the days of zero injuries and miracle recovery times under Big Nige. :(

Im not a BR basher, in fact am very pleased with whats happened here with him at the reins, barring injuries of course, but can players be trained too hard and intense, coming off such a short break? Could Brendan be cited for some injuries like this. A bit like the Jock Wallace runs up and down bradgate park hills.😂😂

I know i am setting myself up here. Im.ready for it.lol. but my previous post had some logic in my mind, in that footballers are fully tuned athletes at their best. Now i own 3 dogs at monmore green. Also was a kennel hand, so, know the a little about what goes on in training, and yes there are inuries that are just accidents, going around bends bumping in the run of things, but i genuinely do think tat too  much training, intense training can and does cause injuties. Groins ankles pulls of muscles. Then they can be laying on their bed costing me money with no return.😂😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Ricardo having his ACL injury is bad luck and bad luck alone. Evans being played 3 games in a week on international duty, isn't our fault. Rest is likely down to the heavy schedule.

How come?

I think due to social distancing, etc...

It was definitely the case I  the run in, am not sure whether its back up and running now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php

Number of current injuries at clubs, this includes both big injuries and little niggles that have been reported in the media:

Arsenal - 7

Aston Villa - 4

Brighton - 7

Burnley - 7

Chelsea - 4

Crystal Palace - 8

Everton - 10

Fulham - 3

Leeds - 7

Leicester - 9

Liverpool - 7

Man City - 6

Man Utd - 5

Newcastle - 10

Sheff Utd - 7

Southampton - 3

Spurs - 4

West Brom - 6

West Ham - 3

Wolves - 3

We are certainly on the higher end but a lot of clubs are currently dealing with a high amount of injuries, including clubs with a lot worse depth than us

Quick turn around between seasons and barely any pre-season this was always likely to happen with players getting small muscle niggles etc.

Other than Ndidi and Pereira (and possibly Amartey as we don’t know much about that injury) all of our injuries are small muscle niggles keeping players out for a week or two

But our injuries seem to be to key players, not crappy players who are named in the squad that never play or in the 23s

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

But our injuries seem to be to key players, not crappy players who are named in the squad that never play or in the 23s

It’s the same for all clubs, look through the list of players for clubs on the link in my post you quoted, all teams are having issues with key players

Something is seriously wrong. Should not have this many players injured at the same time. Ricardo, Soyuncu, Ndidi, Praet, Evans, Amartey and Vardy all possibly injured right now. Maddison, Morgan and Fuchs have also been injured this season. Not to mention Mendy and Benkovic who get injured alot. Only seems like there are a handul of players who don’t get injured.

• Like 3