Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

In the league?

Yes 

PL 2019-20 - 32 games (Overall 38)

PL 2018-19- 38 games (Overall 40)

PL 2017-18- 33 games Overall 39)

Being in Europe has broken him.

He played 36 games last year even with missing 12 league games and 31 this year with missing 19 league games.

For me we missed a trick and should have use Mendy more last season and this.

Its hard to play Sunday-Thursday-Sunday in that role.

Edited by coolhandfox

If im not wrong wilf got hurt in a very hard solid tackle in midfield that he didnt back away from ,He could have pulled away a bit but he didnt so do we say he did the right thing  or in hindsight he should have eased back a bit.Difficult call but maybe he should have eased out of it

2 minutes ago, dynamark said:

If im not wrong wilf got hurt in a very hard solid tackle in midfield that he didnt back away from ,He could have pulled away a bit but he didnt so do we say he did the right thing  or in hindsight he should have eased back a bit.Difficult call but maybe he should have eased out of it

Easy to say, what happens if he does, they win the ball and score. 

Often you get more hurt going in half hearted 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Yes 

PL 2019-20 - 32 games (Overall 38)

PL 2018-19- 38 games (Overall 40)

PL 2017-18- 33 games Overall 39)

Being in Europe has broken him.

He played 36 games last year even with missing 12 league games and 31 this year with missing 19 league games.

For me we missed a trick and should have use Mendy more last season and this.

Its hard to play Sunday-Thursday-Sunday in that role.

Sorry I'd read those as his league starts in the last 3 seasons, not up to 2019/20. That makes sense.

He sadly can't do the rigours of 40-50 games a season and the worry is neither can Vardy, Evans, Ricardo, Castagne and a few others.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sorry I'd read those as his league starts in the last 3 seasons, not up to 2019/20. That makes sense.

He sadly can't do the rigours of 40-50 games a season and the worry is neither can Vardy, Evans, Ricardo, Castagne and a few others.

He hasn't really had a break from any international football either as when he is called up (which he always is unless injured) he will play 90 minutes in every game

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

He hasn't really had a break from any international football either as when he is called up (which he always is unless injured) he will play 90 minutes in every game

Yes he's sadly one of those players who is leant on by club and country so much, Tielemans another. How he does what he does is astonishing. Nearly 400 games and he's only 24.

5 hours ago, Dames said:

Yeah I guess my comment only counts for more recent seasons. Hopefully its just a blip and next season he’s back to the fitness of the 32,38 and 33 seasons.

...players coming back and breaking down, then coming back then breaking down, this cannot be put down to bad luck, or relentless games being played!!!

The players are no longer robust and easily injured, so somewhere we are failing them and undermining the team as we struggle to get them fit for games. How many players have come back, only to breakdown again, and to be out for weeks. What ever we are doing behind closed doors, we need to stop and examine the test or protocols we are putting our players through.

Like most things in this game, the same practices are probably being copied up and down the country, as clubs attempt to replicate each other in what they do. We need an independent assessor to oversee what we are doing, because what ever it is, we are not doing it right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Well, hopefully we can convert Fofana to a decent DM for the ECL or something hahaha

I could be wrong but I think it was his position in the youth teams (at least that’s what fm had me believe) 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

Vardy?

“I just had a quick chat with Jamie, he’d been running in straight lines, but when he was opening up the MCL, when he was striking the ball, he had pain. It doesn’t sound as if he’s too close to being back.”

• Sad 3