Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
boots60

A competent referee & no VAR

She was alright, no complaints but it wasn't a difficult game. Let a few things go which were borderline fouls but she was generally consistent with that so no problem.

Female refs will instantly get a bit less dissent from players and that has to be a positive and does make the game run better.

VAR would've looked at Maddison involvement in the second. It was great not to have to wonder if VAR will find something when the ball hits the net.

The standard really. That’s how ALL top level referees should be. These are UEFA listed officials, these guys and girls SHOULD be at the very top of their game. 

I don’t think anything changes in this country with regards to officiating until the boys club who run the PGMOL are taken out of the picture. How are we ever going to make progress with our referees when the body that represents them is fronted by Mike ****ing Riley?! He was one of the worst I’ve ever seen so what can we expect really?

46 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

What did VAR have to do with anything? 

First goal in particular with VAR would have been poured over by the man in the box. 

Or when Maddison collided with their defender for Barnes goal. Putting the decision into someone else subjective hands.

Or when offside was given and it was given or the other way around. 

I gotta admit some of the challenges I thought she was going to blow for a foul but I was amazed and delighted she continued play. These players are strong lads and go down way to easily so fair play to her. She was consistent for both teams as well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TiffToff88 said:

It makes me laugh when I see people on here bashing Grealish for diving. James Maddison is no different.

Maddison is a little boy compared to Grealish plus he ****ed up Ricardos knee so seems he can dish it out but can’t take it. He dives a hell of a lot more than Maddison in my opinion.

1 hour ago, TiffToff88 said:

It makes me laugh when I see people on here bashing Grealish for diving. James Maddison is no different.

She was having none of Maddison going down too easily in the first half to be fair. Wish we had more of that in the PL, our refs buy absolutely everything.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

She was having none of Maddison going down too easily in the first half to be fair. Wish we had more of that in the PL, our refs buy absolutely everything.

Said in the match thread, that was the first contact game of football I've watched in a long time. Superb to see players be allowed to tackle.