Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
coolcol

Braga away...who is going then ?

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Weren't in the protests either.

Not saying I'd go over myself, but it's a free country for the ones that have decided too, I won't judge them.

I agree, but in these times of coronavirus, would argue its time to think of society rather than as individuals.

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Aren't the pictures outside? No different to a protest.

So the old adage of "if you see someone jump off a cliff would you go and do the same" or "two wrongs don't make a right"? 

I think this is more to do with... "I'm a tough mofo and I'll do what I like and no one can tell me what to do" mentality 

• Haha 1

Can understand that it’s a sensitive topic and why people might feel that it’s irresponsible but like others have said, if people follow the restrictions when travelling and don’t travel with symptoms, then I can’t really see why it’s more unethical than going on holiday. 

I was in Portugal in September and they seemed to be managing the virus better than us then anyway. There is, of course, the risk of picking up the virus wherever you go but there is a bit of an irony in discouraging people from spending time in areas with lower rates of infection. Provided that you don’t carry the virus with you, then you are actually less likely to infect others during that period simply because you will be less likely to come into contact with it and then pass it on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Weren't in the protests either.

Not saying I'd go over myself, but it's a free country for the ones that have decided too, I won't judge them.

My problem with it is they aren’t there for protesting they've gone purely for the crack and to massage their ego’s to try and prove  that they’re proper footy laaaaaaads . They might get it and it not effect them but let’s just  say for instance once of the lads gets it and passes it to one of his friends who’s elderly parent then catches it and  dies . So someone’s died just  for the crack of it . 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hejammy said:

So the old adage of "if you see someone jump off a cliff would you go and do the same" or "two wrongs don't make a right"? 

I think this is more to do with... "I'm a tough mofo and I'll do what I like and no one can tell me what to do" mentality 

Maybe, like I said, I'm not over there, aslong as they're not being silly then it's up to them. Maybe they've all worked 6 months solid and fancied a jolly abroad, I'm not judging them for it.

Just now, baldeagle said:

My problem with it is they aren’t there for protesting they've gone purely for the crack and to massage their ego’s to try and prove  that they’re proper footy laaaaaaads . They might get it and it not effect them but let’s just  say for instance once of the lads gets it and passes it to one of his friends who’s elderly parent then catches it and  dies . So someone’s died just  for the crack of it . 

But that's no different to going to a pub, a restaurant, out for a meal or anything like that is it? Those are all 'for the crack' aren't they? I go to the pub every few weeks, I'm probably more likely to catch it sat inside there than they are outside in Greece.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, oadby.fox said:

Can understand that it’s a sensitive topic and why people might feel that it’s irresponsible but like others have said, if people follow the restrictions when travelling and don’t travel with symptoms, then I can’t really see why it’s more unethical than going on holiday. 

I was in Portugal in September and they seemed to be managing the virus better than us then anyway. There is, of course, the risk of picking up the virus wherever you go but there is a bit of an irony in discouraging people from spending time in areas with lower rates of infection. Provided that you don’t carry the virus with you, then you are actually less likely to infect others during that period simply because you will be less likely to come into contact with it and then pass it on. 

I think the comparison is not that great in my opinion. When most people go on holiday they don't go with a bunch of lads out to support their team and go out looking to out do one another getting as drunk as possible. People change when they go abroad depending on who they go with and why they are going. I'm not saying all the people that want to go out will do that but certainly a large portion will simply based on the fact that like I've previously stated, the majority that want to go have the "I don't give an f, I'll do what I want when I want and won't be told what I can and can't do" - the same people who will have the attitude of "I ain't wearing no mask and no one can make me" 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Maybe, like I said, I'm not over there, aslong as they're not being silly then it's up to them. Maybe they've all worked 6 months solid and fancied a jolly abroad, I'm not judging them for it.

But that's no different to going to a pub, a restaurant, out for a meal or anything like that is it? Those are all 'for the crack' aren't they? I go to the pub every few weeks, I'm probably more likely to catch it sat inside there than they are outside in Greece.

At the risk of repeating myself Are you going to these places with 30-60  people and having group photos taken squashed together ? Going to a pub or restaurant with a few mates is not the same as going with a loads of other people . 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

No different to going on holiday though is it? Weird attitudes on here, different strokes for different folks.

Really comparing a holiday to an away day with the lads lads lads? Okay then lol

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I think the comparison is not that great in my opinion. When most people go on holiday they don't go with a bunch of lads out to support their team and go out looking to out do one another getting as drunk as possible. People change when they go abroad depending on who they go with and why they are going. I'm not saying all the people that want to go out will do that but certainly a large portion will simply based on the fact that like I've previously stated, the majority that want to go have the "I don't give an f, I'll do what I want when I want and won't be told what I can and can't do" - the same people who will have the attitude of "I ain't wearing no mask and no one can make me" 

Yes I think that’s a good point regarding the rationale/attitude of those who would travel, even if this doesn’t apply to everyone. I wouldn’t do it myself as I just don’t think it’s worth it - If we reached the semis then I would maybe consider it and hopefully by that time the warmer weather will mean that there is a smaller risk. 

The point remains though that these people will do as they will at home or abroad, and flouting distancing rules within areas with higher rates of infection will often be worse anyway in terms of accelerating the spread. Additionally, I remember the restrictions being quite strictly enforced in Portugal and I would be surprised to see English football fans being served without masks etc. I’ve seen the group photos that are circulating online but I don’t imagine that they were able to go into supermarkets or other places without wearing masks. I forgot to put my mask once when going to the toilet (once already in a restaurant) and was loudly accosted for it!

People should travel responsibly of course and perhaps that’s not happening which isn’t right but I wouldn’t have any issue with someone who wants to go and does so in the correct way.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Adster said:

I don't know why Leicester Loyal can't understand this?

I was scrolling through Twitter this morning and all I saw was melts in Athens bunched up in huge numbers pissed out their heads with no regard for anyone else but their own stupidity. 

But hey, its like going to the pub with your family/few mates, right? 

Not rocket science is it too 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

At the risk of repeating myself Are you going to these places with 30-60  people and having group photos taken squashed together ? Going to a pub or restaurant with a few mates is not the same as going with a loads of other people . 

31 minutes ago, Adster said:

Really comparing a holiday to an away day with the lads lads lads? Okay then lol

24 minutes ago, Adster said:

I don't know why Leicester Loyal can't understand this?

I was scrolling through Twitter this morning and all I saw was melts in Athens bunched up in huge numbers pissed out their heads with no regard for anyone else but their own stupidity. 

But hey, its like going to the pub with your family/few mates, right? 

15 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Not rocket science is it too 

They haven't gone with 30-60 lads, they've gone in small numbers and ended up bunched together, much like when you attend a pub or a restaurant and you all end up within the same 100 yards of space, hence my original point, they haven't booked to go together in a huge number, they've gone with a few mates...

The name calling of a group of young lads who have gone abroad to have a few beers is quite frankly embarrassing.

Again, I haven't gone, I had no interest when things are as they are, but if a few want to go over, have some fun and quarantine when they come back (if necessary) then they can crack on. The only thing they maybe should be doing is wearing a mask in the picture I saw, as they weren't social distancing.

Best stay away from all 60 of them when they come back and spread it eh?:ph34r:

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fair play to them for going. I would have gone, but our flights were cancelled.

Perhaps they are just more dedicated fans than the rest of us. 
My reasons for wanting to go were that

1) never missed an away on the Champions League run

2) had worked solid through co-vid, had had 2 other holidays cancelled 

3) England trip to Brussels in November had already been cancelled.

Greece mainland has lower infection rates so statistically they lessened their chances of getting co-vid by escaping the soaring rates of this country for a few days.

Just now, TamworthFoxes said:

Fair play to them for going. I would have gone, but our flights were cancelled.

Perhaps they are just more dedicated fans than the rest of us. 
My reasons for wanting to go were that

1) never missed an away on the Champions League run

2) had worked solid through co-vid, had had 2 other holidays cancelled 

3) England trip to Brussels in November had already been cancelled.

Greece mainland has lower infection rates so statistically they lessened their chances of getting co-vid by escaping the soaring rates of this country for a few days.

Never mind the Greeks who they breathed over !

33 minutes ago, fatsmiggy said:

Anyway. Coolcol asked some questions in his original post and he hasn't exactly received a shed load of answers. 

I was hoping to avoid the arguments, merely get answers to the questions. The answers to the posts are a microcosm to the effects of Covid in UK/world society.

6 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Yeah, mods let's bin this shit thread, eh? 

So fvcking thick.

You'd think so. But listening to the pre-match commentary on BBC Radio Leicester, there was someone who had phoned in who went to Athens, during a global pandemic, to watch the game in a sports bar and to see the sights of the city.

By no means is this illegal, I just cannot see the logic when you can just watch it from the security and safety of your own home, and maybe do the sight-seeing when it is safe to do so and you're less like to end up in quarantine when you're back on UK soil. Just seemed very coincidental that the caller chose to go to Athens of all places, when the squad are there for an away fixture that he can't even watch inside the stadium.

Nope, it's lost on me.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Bit preachy.

If you go on a half empty plane with air filters, into a few bars and then outside at a match, is there any more risk than nipping to Tesco each day, going into work and after having a McDonald's with the kids (who've been at school all day with hundreds of others) for dinner ?

People like you I hate. Selfish, inconsiderate and so many others words I can't say. It's the reason why the corona virus is killing so many more people in this second phase. 

WASH HANDS KEEP SPACE WEAR MASKS

• Like 3
  • Haha 1