Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
coolcol

Braga away...who is going then ?

6 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

For me its an absolute waste of time and money. Not sure what the point is and I think it's unnecessary. But it ain't illegal and as long they follow guidelines then there is nothing you can do.

That picture from Athens won't help though, government only has to see that to reinforce their opinions that football fans can't be trusted to maintain distance. 

This is exactly my thoughts. So many fans are banging the drum to reopen the stadiums but then go against government advice and travel abroad when you cant even go to the stadium. People can do what they want and I couldn't really give a shite to be honest, but we cant expect the government to trust fans to follow rules in our own stadiums when people are going against advice and travelling abroad for our away days. 

6 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

For me its an absolute waste of time and money. Not sure what the point is and I think it's unnecessary. But it ain't illegal and as long they follow guidelines then there is nothing you can do.

That picture from Athens won't help though, government only has to see that to reinforce their opinions that football fans can't be trusted to maintain distance. 

They were a support(er) bubble! 

• Haha 1

I've read most of the comments on here and I still dont get it. Regardless of whether you are putting yourself or others at risk by potentially catching/spreading covid, I dont understand why anyone would travel abroad unless you can actually buy a ticket and go to the game. I'm not judging people for travelling abroad, there is no laws stopping any of us so long as you self isolate if required, I just don't see the point when you cant go to the game. I would have considered going to Athens or Braga if I could have actually got a match ticket but having to self isolate for 2 weeks and potentially lose earnings just to sit in a foreign pub is just utter nonsense. I know there are a fair few that will disagree with me but hey ho, we all have opinions. And for the people that can afford to go abroad and potentially lose earnings fair play. To the ones who dont self isolate when they should, you're complete bell ends. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I don't want to bring everyone down, but reading this thread, it is very clear that human kind is doomed.

And rightly so.

Enjoy your Saturday.

Welcome to the Society of Self

8 hours ago, Jack1993 said:

For anyone wondering why football fans aren’t allowed in grounds when theatres are allowed to open with social distancing measures just imagine your nana doing this with her mates before Les Mis 

B79CA4F4-FC89-41F8-946C-A14E5E7D3F64.jpeg

Where has this idea come from that only old people go to the theatre? I've been to the Troubador post covid. And often go to theatres. I go to the pub with a mob before and after.

Aside from that, some comments on here calling a few lads all sorts for going to Portugal are insane in my opinion. We are the sick man of europe, how is going to a country where the virus isn't as prolific as your local tesco SOOOOO BAD

7 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

I've read most of the comments on here and I still dont get it. Regardless of whether you are putting yourself or others at risk by potentially catching/spreading covid, I dont understand why anyone would travel abroad unless you can actually buy a ticket and go to the game. I'm not judging people for travelling abroad, there is no laws stopping any of us so long as you self isolate if required, I just don't see the point when you cant go to the game. I would have considered going to Athens or Braga if I could have actually got a match ticket but having to self isolate for 2 weeks and potentially lose earnings just to sit in a foreign pub is just utter nonsense. I know there are a fair few that will disagree with me but hey ho, we all have opinions. And for the people that can afford to go abroad and potentially lose earnings fair play. To the ones who dont self isolate when they should, you're complete bell ends. 

If you don’t get it then you never will.

Not sure if it’s news to you but literally thousands of people travel to European aways without tickets. You would be amazed to have seen our numbers in Brugges for our first Champions League game, certainly didn’t tally to our allocation. And the numbers England had in France 98 Germany 06 would blow your brains out.

27 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Where has this idea come from that only old people go to the theatre? I've been to the Troubador post covid. And often go to theatres. I go to the pub with a mob before and after.

Aside from that, some comments on here calling a few lads all sorts for going to Portugal are insane in my opinion. We are the sick man of europe, how is going to a country where the virus isn't as prolific as your local tesco SOOOOO BAD

Its not so much going to a country with less prevelance that is the issue. It's that you can quite clearly see here that there is more than 'the rule of 6'. Now if one of these lads had the virus before they went out or caught it en-route, and then he spreads it to a lot of these other lads due to clearly no social distancing and then they all come back and spread it to their families, elderly etc then can you see where the problem lies? By NOT going they are not able to get together here in such close proximity and more than in a group of 6 in the UK. If one of these, for example was your plumber and he got it out there and came back to fix your sink and the gave the virus to one of your loved ones who then succumbs to it, you would not be best pleased if you realised that he went out there and didn't take the virus seriously, rather than someone who gave it to you because they caught the virus popping into a local tesco to buy milk and bread for his kids. 

Edited by hejammy

21 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Not sure if it’s news to you but literally thousands of people travel to European aways without tickets. You would be amazed to have seen our numbers in Brugges for our first Champions League game, certainly didn’t tally to our allocation. And the numbers England had in France 98 Germany 06 would blow your brains out.

Actually I think it's you that doesn't get it. People would have no issues with people travelling in 1998 or 2006 as covid-19 wasn't an issue. 2020 it is an issue and that's why people are saying they don't see why people want to RISK going abroad to a game when they don't even have a ticket 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Actually I think it's you that doesn't get it. People would have no issues with people travelling in 1998 or 2006 as covid-19 wasn't an issue. 2020 it is an issue and that's why people are saying they don't see why people want to RISK going abroad to a game when they don't even have a ticket 

If you read the lad I quoted he said regardless of the risk to health he cannot understand travelling to a country without a ticket. That’s why I quoted him and didn’t get involved with the rest.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I was going to defend it but came to the same conclusion. At the end of the day people love telling other people what to do.

Or doing what they like 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bezzanator89 said:

You'd think so. But listening to the pre-match commentary on BBC Radio Leicester, there was someone who had phoned in who went to Athens, during a global pandemic, to watch the game in a sports bar and to see the sights of the city.

By no means is this illegal, I just cannot see the logic when you can just watch it from the security and safety of your own home, and maybe do the sight-seeing when it is safe to do so and you're less like to end up in quarantine when you're back on UK soil. Just seemed very coincidental that the caller chose to go to Athens of all places, when the squad are there for an away fixture that he can't even watch inside the stadium.

Nope, it's lost on me.

Any different to choosing to go abroad in recent months for a holiday when you could have gone to Rhyl or Skegness and supported our economy rather than another countries? 

1 hour ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Yes but not of them were during a global pandemic. 

3 hours ago, Vacamion said:

I don't want to bring everyone down, but reading this thread, it is very clear that human kind is doomed.

And rightly so.

Enjoy your Saturday.

Fast forward to the end please, I can’t be arsed with the lectures along the way.

38 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I was going to defend it but came to the same conclusion. At the end of the day people love telling other people what to do.

Even more so these days, the self appointed gestapo are quite numerous.

• Like 4

Going to Greece or Portugal on holiday is technically allowed, but you are still supposed to take precautions.

If you have booked a holiday to coincide with Leicester playing an away game in Europe then that too is technically allowed. 

Just be sensible and don't pose for group pictures and then put pictures on social media ffs. If you're not sensible enough to realise what a terrible idea that is, then I doubt you're sensible enough to take all precautions to minimise transmission while you're away and when you get back.

Edited by Captain...
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Ok, my take.

Fans want to go to a match or location without a ticket.  Nothing wrong with that.

There is a pandemic, but you are still legally allowed to travel to said place.  Putting personal opinion aside, Nothing wrong with that.

There's a pandemic, you may need to quaretine, get tested etc, so you have a choice to make.  So this is a personal decision, but nothing wrong with that.

So technically speaking there is nothing wrong with going to Braga, and it's your personal decision..........what's the quandary????

Perhaps because a bit like the minor issue of wearing a mask and other considerations like travel, these decisions are not just merely about the 'self' they're also about the 'other'. It is partly because of the lack of consideration about the 'others' in society that this virus is still spreading so virulently. 

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

Perhaps because a bit like the minor issue of wearing a mask and other considerations like travel, these decisions are not just merely about the 'self' they're also about the 'other'. It is partly because of the lack of consideration about the 'others' in society that this virus is still spreading so virulently. 

As long as all the rules are obeyed, the lack of consideration for others doesn't come into it.  

Governments across the world have put rules and guidance for the consideration of others and society.

If Braga can be travelled to then really it's upto the individual to go knowing full well what the rules are and they obey it.  This a totally a personal choice.