Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
coolcol

Braga away...who is going then ?

56 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I genuinely have no idea why people are travelling when you cant get into the stadium and chances are you may have to self isolate when you get back. I know my employer would not be best pleased if I had to take 2 weeks off because I went abroad to watch a game of football in a pub. Bizarre! 

Yeah but PASSSSSSSSSSSHHUUUUUN

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Common sense needed.  :dunno:

1. If you go and will be no threat to anyone upon your return, who cares.

2. If you go and have the risk of infecting others, you are an asshole.

if you are in camp 2, you are not tough or fun, you are just selfish.

Bit preachy.

If you go on a half empty plane with air filters, into a few bars and then outside at a match, is there any more risk than nipping to Tesco each day, going into work and after having a McDonald's with the kids (who've been at school all day with hundreds of others) for dinner ?

• Like 3

Just now, Paninistickers said:

Bit preachy.

If you go on a half empty plane with air filters, into a few bars and then outside at a match, is there any more risk than nipping to Tesco each day, going into work and after having a McDonald's with the kids (who've been at school all day with hundreds of others) for dinner ?

Yes, bit preachy, but during this crap shoot you do what you think is best was the point. If you do put someone at risk then that’s on you (general you, not you specifically).

Not  the government, not the airline, not the pub, you.

37 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Is that a serious response? Honestly. I'd not even thought about it but owning my own business I can easily work from home and that point about watching from outside makes me tempted. As an employer I'm well on top of all the workplace regs, but as an individual, I have my doubts whether people agree with me or not, mainly that I have no problem going to the pub (only twice since lock down) and sitting with people outside my bubble, which imo flies totally against every other guidance. Ie 2m or 1m+, and this excites me. Unlikely to have the balls to do it, but can't say I'm not very interested in other people's stories, Inclusing any who went to Athens. Hope they ignore the criticism from others on here and tell their stories as I for one am intrigued! 

Nah I wish it was though lol 

Just miss going to games.

• Haha 1

For me its an absolute waste of time and money. Not sure what the point is and I think it's unnecessary. But it ain't illegal and as long they follow guidelines then there is nothing you can do.

That picture from Athens won't help though, government only has to see that to reinforce their opinions that football fans can't be trusted to maintain distance. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

I genuinely have no idea why people are travelling when you cant get into the stadium and chances are you may have to self isolate when you get back. I know my employer would not be best pleased if I had to take 2 weeks off because I went abroad to watch a game of football in a pub. Bizarre! 

Lads!

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Bit preachy.

Not really as when you go to those places  you’ve mentioned you don’t get tanked  up  and then proceed to have a group photo with 30-60  other people with no masks or social distancing Infact all squashed together and most definitely from a different house holds. 

Edited by baldeagle

10 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

No different to going on holiday though is it? Weird attitudes on here, different strokes for different folks.

Yes it is they are morons who pick up the virus and pass it on to others with out a care About people getting the virus and dieing. Just like the moronic idiots out in nottingham last night. Yet we Leicester fans then criticise fans of Liverpool for celebrating winning the league like they did. Sad

5 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

There are too many stupid irresponsible people who go and pass on this virus 

It's nothing to do with the country visited, but do the fans take the precautions necessary as if they were going out in Leicester on a Friday night....I'm going to Braga and I know I will.

4 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

Yes it is they are morons who pick up the virus and pass it on to others with out a care About people getting the virus and dieing. Just like the moronic idiots out in nottingham last night. Yet we Leicester fans then criticise fans of Liverpool for celebrating winning the league like they did. Sad

What's the difference between them and someone going to the pub, or to a restaurant? What if they're following the countries rules? What if they're going into quarantine when they come back? Easy to throw out the moron term though...

• Like 1

Hi folks. If you think this discussion is heated you never tune in to Twitter.

I can see why some people feel entitled to do as they please regardless of possible consequences for others, just as some people feel entitled to tell others what they should or should not do. 

We all drive our own car and sometimes someone drives into you. Shit happens. 

I did all the previous Euro awaydays except one when I was recovering from surgery. Trust me I'm gutted to be missing out this time but I'm looking at the bigger picture and staying in Blighty. Probably. 

The complicated matter for Braga and Luhansk is that it’s a lot of effort once you are even there. Athens worked with no quarantine either side and direct flights from the UK. 

For Braga, flights wise you’ve gotta go to Porto. Then get to Braga. It’s not the longest trip but navigating car hire or train travel in a country which might be in a stricter form of lockdown isn’t easy. 

Equally Ukraine it’s Kiev and then one hell of a trek to when Zorya play. Once entering Ukraine to have to self isolate for 14 days as tracked by an app or in a Ukrainian hotel. So it’s impossible to do. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2