Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
coolcol

Braga away...who is going then ?

Just now, Dr The Singh said:

As long as all the rules are obeyed, the lack of consideration for others doesn't come into it.  

Governments across the world have put rules and guidance for the consideration of others and society.

If Braga can be travelled to then really it's upto the individual to go knowing full well what the rules are and they obey it.  This a totally a personal choice.

Not sure what the guidance is, but when you're away are you supposed to follow uk rules, rule of six etc or are you supposed to follow the local rules or both?

1 minute ago, Captain... said:

Not sure what the guidance is, but when you're away are you supposed to follow uk rules, rule of six etc or are you supposed to follow the local rules or both?

I went to Berlin, and basically you have to follow the local guidance.  In some countries, its more stricter then the UK and some isn't.

When I went Berlin, I had to get tested at the airport and quaretine until I got my result, which took just over 24 hours.

• Thanks 1

Surely the bigger issue here is that people are actually allowed to go out there and do what they want, rather than them actually wanting to? 

Nobody in charge has a clue what's going on anyway, a few football fans heading to Athens for a booze up is going to make **** all difference.

Just now, Ted Maul said:

Surely the bigger issue here is that people are actually allowed to go out there and do what they want, rather than them actually wanting to? 

Nobody in charge has a clue what's going on anyway, a few football fans heading to Athens for a booze up is going to make **** all difference.

Your absolutely right Ted, but rules are rules, and supposedly created by the best data and minds of all nations

Ok When we were in the CL I was never close to getting a ticket to an away game. I just didn’t get the idea of going to the expense of a flight and hotel, sitting in a bar, risking getting my head smashed by a baton from one of Madrid’s finest all to watch the game on TV. 

City lads abroad or groups of teenagers to twenty somethings on the lash in city centres there’s a generation who have been pretty much told Covid won’t hit them that hard and after six months of inconvenience have decided feck it, we’re going to have a good time and carry on. 

They don’t care about clubs trying to get fans back into grounds.

They don’t care about pubs and restaurants being forced to close again, and possibly never reopen, due to another national lockdown. 

They don’t care about passing it on to elderly relatives. 

They care about having a good time with their mates. They are at an age where we all think we know better and feel invincible. They are no different to any of us at that age. Unfortunately this isn’t the time for that kind of attitude. 

City fans are no better than any other set of fans we have our fair share, Everton Champions game memorabilia being nicked off seats etc. Don’t even get me started on that missing dinosaur....please don’t :)

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Going to Greece or Portugal on holiday is technically allowed, but you are still supposed to take precautions.

If you have booked a holiday to coincide with Leicester playing an away game in Europe then that too is technically allowed. 

Just be sensible and don't pose for group pictures and then put pictures on social media ffs. If you're not sensible enough to realise what a terrible idea that is, then I doubt you're sensible enough to take all precautions to minimise transmission while you're away and when you get back.

This exactly! 

21 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

As long as all the rules are obeyed, the lack of consideration for others doesn't come into it.  

Governments across the world have put rules and guidance for the consideration of others and society.

If Braga can be travelled to then really it's upto the individual to go knowing full well what the rules are and they obey it.  This a totally a personal choice.

Agreed its a personal choice and it's not illegal at the moment. I think the issue is with the people who make this choice and then are not cautious, considerate and abiding by rules locally and when they get back. For example that picture that was posted. As someone else suggested, if they are not "considerate" enough to not get together like that and not "intelligent" enough not to post a picture like that on social media then there's not really much hope for them to follow the rules when they get back 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Livid said:

City lads abroad or groups of teenagers to twenty somethings on the lash in city centres there’s a generation who have been pretty much told Covid won’t hit them that hard and after six months of inconvenience have decided feck it, we’re going to have a good time and carry on. 

They don’t care about clubs trying to get fans back into grounds.

They don’t care about pubs and restaurants being forced to close again, and possibly never reopen, due to another national lockdown. 

They don’t care about passing it on to elderly relatives. 

They care about having a good time with their mates. They are at an age where we all think we know better and feel invincible. They are no different to any of us at that age. Unfortunately this isn’t the time for that kind of attitude. 

This isn't just limited to those in teenage years and their twenties. You'll find all generations are pretty much disregarding care for the rules and implications of it.

Have to say I am sick of seeing people solely point the finger at my age group and below as the reason for this. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

This isn't just limited to those in teenage years and their twenties. You'll find all generations are pretty much disregarding care for the rules and implications of it.

Have to say I am sick of seeing people solely point the finger at my age group and below as the reason for this. 

I Agree, but we aren’t seeing pictures of thousands of pensioners out having one final good night out going for it  on the eve of a city going into a tier 3 lockdown. 

1 minute ago, Livid said:

I Agree, but we aren’t seeing pictures of thousands of pensioners out having one final good night out going for it  on the eve of a city going into a tier 3 lockdown. 

We aren't seeing many pictures at all? We see one or two which are rehashed and used to make and get a reaction.  For all we know in pubs behind those videos are flocked with tables full of 30-40yr olds, or shops full of the same fighting over loo roll. 

2 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Where has this idea come from that only old people go to the theatre? I've been to the Troubador post covid. And often go to theatres. I go to the pub with a mob before and after.

Aside from that, some comments on here calling a few lads all sorts for going to Portugal are insane in my opinion. We are the sick man of europe, how is going to a country where the virus isn't as prolific as your local tesco SOOOOO BAD

Hi mate, I’m literally just saying absolutely anything at the minute to get likes, couldn’t care less about people going to Braga. Hope this helps. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

We aren't seeing many pictures at all? We see one or two which are rehashed and used to make and get a reaction.  For all we know in pubs behind those videos are flocked with tables full of 30-40yr olds, or shops full of the same fighting over loo roll. 

I’m not going to argue with you but we’re having to go on what we know. 

I’ve done online shopping for weeks but when I have visited a supermarket the vast majority who seemed to not be wearing a mask due to medical conditions all seemed quite young.  We’re not all on some big anti under 30 agenda. 

What I do know is my 50 plus age group has got more than enough stubborn arrogant old dicks, conspiracy theorists, angry at anything and everything, my way or no way, it’s just like the flu types, blame immigration, blame someone, it’s never me types. 

But 53% of all Covid related Fines were issued to those aged 18 to 29. 

https://cdn.prgloo.com/media/50f6bfc817a54825828b6e6f2df59616.pdf

3 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Where has this idea come from that only old people go to the theatre? I've been to the Troubador post covid. And often go to theatres. I go to the pub with a mob before and after.

Aside from that, some comments on here calling a few lads all sorts for going to Portugal are insane in my opinion. We are the sick man of europe, how is going to a country where the virus isn't as prolific as your local tesco SOOOOO BAD

That is part of the issue, we have a higher infection rate than Greece or Portugal so you really shouldn't be travelling to somewhere that has it under better control potentially bringing more infection with you. This had been one of the biggest issues with people's response to the coronavirus. It is not about whether you get it or not, unless you are vulnerable, it is about whether you spread it, knowingly or not. The mild asymptomatic nature of it for most of us means we can easily be spreading it without knowing we have it.

You, like many of us on here, probably aren't too worried about getting it. We're mostly young enough and healthy enough for it to, most likely, not cause anything more than a few weeks mild discomfort, if any at all. That is the real fvcker with covid so many people, me included, could be spreading it without knowing. Which is why we all need to be taking every precaution we can, not to protect ourselves but control the spread and protect others and get life back to normal ASAP.

Edited by Captain...
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Agreed its a personal choice and it's not illegal at the moment. I think the issue is with the people who make this choice and then are not cautious, considerate and abiding by rules locally and when they get back. For example that picture that was posted. As someone else suggested, if they are not "considerate" enough to not get together like that and not "intelligent" enough not to post a picture like that on social media then there's not really much hope for them to follow the rules when they get back 

That's the same with the minority fans that go abroad and cause havoc in general, so why should anybody marganelise fans going abroad during covid pandemic. 

This is not a new issue, idiots across the land are flounting rules and bring about so much more risks to society, why we have to bring this as an issue for fans travelling to Braga is beyond me

10 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

That's the same with the minority fans that go abroad and cause havoc in general, so why should anybody marganelise fans going abroad during covid pandemic. 

This is not a new issue, idiots across the land are flounting rules and bring about so much more risks to society, why we have to bring this as an issue for fans travelling to Braga is beyond me

I'm not sure that's quite the same comparison, yes minority of fans causing havoc generally, but the fans going to Braga and not observing social distancing or abiding by covid rules I feel is the majority of those going. Why go all the way and sit in a quiet pub with you and 5 others only and not attend the game. Again I will state that if there wasn't a pandemic then no one would even create a forum as such. Think about the demographic going, it's more than likely that the picture shown is the majority not the minority. And on the point of making an issue for those travelling to Braga, we'll it's a football forum so we're talking about that. I guess we have to agree to disagree. 

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Definitely, I just think the older group are less brazen with it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Captain... said:

That is part of the issue, we have a higher infection rate than Greece or Portugal so you really shouldn't be travelling to somewhere that has it under better control potentially bringing more infection with you. This had been one of the biggest issues with people's response to the coronavirus. It is not about whether you get it or not, unless you are vulnerable, it is about whether you spread it, knowingly or not. The mild asymptomatic nature of it for most of us means we can easily be spreading it without knowing we have it.

You, like many of us on here, probably aren't too worried about getting it. We're mostly young enough and healthy enough for it to, most likely, not cause anything more than a few weeks mild discomfort, if any at all. That is the real fvcker with covid so many people, me included, could be spreading it without knowing. Which is why we all need to be taking every precaution we can, not to protect ourselves but control the spread and protect others and get life back to normal ASAP.

Do they not require negative tests before you're allowed to move around or prior to flying?

I know Athens definitely do testing at the airport upon arrival, but not sure if they require a test before flying out there.

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Do they not require negative tests before you're allowed to move around or prior to flying?

I know Athens definitely do testing at the airport upon arrival, but not sure if they require a test before flying out there.

No idea to be honest, I can barely keep track of what I'm supposed to be doing in my own house, let alone going abroad as I'm not planning on that any time soon.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I'm not sure that's quite the same comparison, yes minority of fans causing havoc generally, but the fans going to Braga and not observing social distancing or abiding by covid rules I feel is the majority of those going. Why go all the way and sit in a quiet pub with you and 5 others only and not attend the game. Again I will state that if there wasn't a pandemic then no one would even create a forum as such. Think about the demographic going, it's more than likely that the picture shown is the majority not the minority. And on the point of making an issue for those travelling to Braga, we'll it's a football forum so we're talking about that. I guess we have to agree to disagree. 

I don't know how many foreign away days you've had, but it's not about causing havoc, its about adventure it's about atmosphere it's about saying you did it.  Not once have I ever disrespected or been in any trouble on any of my away days.

I find it really disrespectful that people use terms like 'but the fans going to Braga and not observing social distancing or abiding by covid rules I feel is the majority of those going.'.  .....and basing in feelings etc.  Majority of our fans are no different from general society, are you saying our fans are different and troublesome and refuse to abide by rules etc.

4 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I don't know how many foreign away days you've had, but it's not about causing havoc, its about adventure it's about atmosphere it's about saying you did it.  Not once have I ever disrespected or been in any trouble on any of my away days.

I find it really disrespectful that people use terms like 'but the fans going to Braga and not observing social distancing or abiding by covid rules I feel is the majority of those going.'.  .....and basing in feelings etc.  Majority of our fans are no different from general society, are you saying our fans are different and troublesome and refuse to abide by rules etc.

I think you've miss interpreted what I have said. I have been to foreign away days and it's brilliant, again I said its the MINORITY causing havoc generally speaking. I am saying the reasons for going now and the demographic that will go now during a pandemic not abiding by social distancing rules will be probably the majority. (not the same as causing havoc). You went pre pandemic like most of us and were sensible. This same mentality has made you think not to go (perhaps, I am making assumptions here). 

53 minutes ago, Livid said:

I’m not going to argue with you but we’re having to go on what we know. 

I’ve done online shopping for weeks but when I have visited a supermarket the vast majority who seemed to not be wearing a mask due to medical conditions all seemed quite young.  We’re not all on some big anti under 30 agenda. 

What I do know is my 50 plus age group has got more than enough stubborn arrogant old dicks, conspiracy theorists, angry at anything and everything, my way or no way, it’s just like the flu types, blame immigration, blame someone, it’s never me types. 

But 53% of all Covid related Fines were issued to those aged 18 to 29. 

https://cdn.prgloo.com/media/50f6bfc817a54825828b6e6f2df59616.pdf

24 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Definitely, I just think the older group are less brazen with it.

I think Strokes highlights a potential reason pretty well. Your 30+ age groups aren't going to be putting videos of them breaking rules with "fuk boris" captions on social media so probably get less flack. 

But i don't disagree that 18-25 age group is responsible for a portion or cases and issues, I just disagree with how its being portrayed as the sole cause.

• Like 1