Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

3 hours ago, Shane said:

Van Aanholt on a 2 year deal.

- Contract expires soon. Can sign him for free in the summer or for a cheap price in January. 
- PL experienced, Dutch international

- Fits in well with our playstyle (athletic, quick, attacking fullback)

- Arguably an upgrade on Fuchs, Thomas & possibly even Justin.

- Allows us to loan out Thomas so he can gain some experience. 

- Counts as a homegrown player. 
- Knows the club from his loanspell

Definitely not at the level of Ricardo or Castagne, but not many players are. Think he’d be a good squad player and can eventually be replaced by Thomas when he’s ready. 

No. You're having a laugh. Palace fans would drive him to the stadium. An upgrade on Fuchs ffs.

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

They would have taken any offer, if we wanted him it would have happened. Seems like he could have been a good risk free cover for Vardy. Perhaps we werent willing to get another striker unless slimani was off

I swear someone posted on here that we did try and sign him but it failed to materialise, we will go for him again but Everton also massively keen.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I swear someone posted on here that we did try and sign him but it failed to materialise, we will go for him again but Everton also massively keen.

Makes sense, we were heavily linked with him before his Napoli move so someone at the club rated him. 

Wouldnt be surprised if this is who Rodgers was talking about when he said we’d be looking at good players that were out of form 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Makes sense, we were heavily linked with him before his Napoli move so someone at the club rated him. 

Wouldnt be surprised if this is who Rodgers was talking about when he said we’d be looking at good players that were out of form 

Hopefully get him in January and Slimani out the door, would be ideal for us as a different option. Keep him fit and he's class.

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

More than paper talk that one, we were definitely in for him - quote from Rob Mackenzie (who just before this also mentioned we *nearly* signed Miroslav Klose while Nige was in charge), whether or not we'd still be chasing Milik so far down the line I've no idea, mind.

Another one was Arkadiusz Milik, who we tried to sign twice. The first time when he was playing in Poland aged 18. He was over achieving. We declared an interest and we watched him.

He went to Bayer Leverkusen who were a bigger club at the time. We took it on the chin, but then we tried again when he became available. Steve and Nigel flew to Germany to try to convince him to come to Leicester, initially on loan with a view to buy.

Unfortunately, he chose Ajax and their tradition and pedigree.

Now he has joined Napoli for £28 million. He fitted into the model of young, up and coming players who are positive with momentum in their career.

He would have been a good fit.

16 hours ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/transfers/endendevertraege/statistik?plus=0&jahr=2021&ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=alle&altersklasse=23-30&land_id=0&yt0=Show

Had a look at some of the players whos contracts end next summer that we could realistically attract and should possibly look at

Florian Thauvin - 27 - Right Winger - Marseille

Hakan Calhanoglu - 26 - Number 10/Left Winger - AC Milan

Arek Milik - 26 - Striker - Napoli

Otavio - 25 - Number 10 - Porto

Fabian Schar - 28 - Centre Back - Newcastle

All except Schar we can approach in January and would improve our squad

Calhanoglu is a weird player. He's a number 10 in the strictest sense of the word, and when he doesn't play as exactly that, he's pretty awful. Not to mention he needs to play with a striker he can link play with comfortably, which might not be Vardy.

4 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Calhanoglu is a weird player. He's a number 10 in the strictest sense of the word, and when he doesn't play as exactly that, he's pretty awful. Not to mention he needs to play with a striker he can link play with comfortably, which might not be Vardy.

Off the Manure isn’t he? 

11 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

The latter has been dog meat for Lille thus far.

Jonathan Bamba on the other hand... 

Left winger, likes to cut in on his right and is very speedy and skilful. 

Would compete with Barnes so probably not the most urgent of positions to add to... 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Jonathan Bamba on the other hand... 

Left winger, likes to cut in on his right and is very speedy and skilful. 

Would compete with Barnes so probably not the most urgent of positions to add to... 

Hamza broke his leg a couple of years ago at the u21 World Cup. Might not be the best idea 

10 minutes ago, Billy Big Balls said:

1:25

Is there anything more Martin Tyler than carping on about the Adriatic Sea before realising Foden has just dribbled it past 5 players lol 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Milik reminds me of bamford in playing style -  from the few times I’ve seen him ......a little better in the air 

The more I think about it, the more i'm convinced he will join us in January or the summer. Our determination to get him 3 times will bare fruit IMO as will the ability to pay him very well with Slimani off the books in the coming months.

34 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The more I think about it, the more i'm convinced he will join us in January or the summer. Our determination to get him 3 times will bare fruit IMO as will the ability to pay him very well with Slimani off the books in the coming months.

The man is a walking sick note, and he isn't exactly coming off form, he's had a pretty bad year or two. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicolo Barella said:

The man is a walking sick note, and he isn't exactly coming off form, he's had a pretty bad year or two. 

He was injured a lot last year (still scored 14) but the season before he hit 20+ goals.

He hasn't ever taken off at Napoli to be fair, but he's clearly in need of a change of club and a run of games. The talent is all there and if he has recovered from last season's injury, I see him as a calculated and justifiable risk as we'd be able to sign him for next to nothing in January due his contract situation and him currently being left out of Napoli's league and European squads.

A pacey striker is what we miss when Vardy is out... Would love to know who is on our shortlist for the future Vardy replacement and when we will strike  for him Pace/Aggression/Finishing/Movement/Desire/Game Intelligence ...how hard is it really :ph34r:

Edited by les-tah

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

^This.

Milik was supposed to leave Napoli this summer as part of a player exchange deal several times, Roma, Spurs and Juventus but none materialised because he failed medicals. On his day he was (is?) a really good player but in coronavirus times, I think he's a huge gamble to sign unless he can be signed on a loan with no obligation to buy deal. And if he's available on that deal, someone else will sign him. 

• Like 1