Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

I mean anyone we replace Vardy with us going to be a drop realistically. He's one of the best players we've ever had, we're never going to be able to quite match him. To be honest, as good as he is now there aren't actually many players anywhere in the world that do match him. You're looking at elite finishers like Lewandowski.

He's been comfortably in the Aguero / Kane bracket for a while which is remarkable for a club of our stature. 

But any shift in Barnes conversion rate is likely to still leave him a sporadic and inconsistency scorer. Look at Raheem Sterling. There's no doubt Pep has done wonders to keep noticeable improve out of Sterling but he still goes through wild peaks and troughs, still will miss several sitters for every good goal. And that's fine, there's more to his game than scoring. 

• Like 2

Guest Hansifüx

I changed my mind after watching ManU. vs Basaks. last night.  I think Irfan Can Kahveci is not an option for lcfc. 

Guest Hansifüx

Ozan Kabak (Schalke's CB, turned 20), would be great. There are some rumours he may move to Liverpool but not sure if that is true. Personally I like him a lot and watched nearly all matches of him in the Bundesliga. He could work very well with Fofona and/or Cags. He is stronger than both of them and better in aerial duels but not as fast. Very likeable personality and tends to score himself. I think he would do great  in PL as long as he has a fast partner on his side. He could be too expensive though. 

14 minutes ago, Hansifüx said:

Ozan Kabak (Schalke's CB, turned 20), would be great. There are some rumours he may move to Liverpool but not sure if that is true. Personally I like him a lot and watched nearly all matches of him in the Bundesliga. He could work very well with Fofona and/or Cags. He is stronger than both of them and better in aerial duels but not as fast. Very likeable personality and tends to score himself. I think he would do great  in PL as long as he has a fast partner on his side. He could be too expensive though. 

Don't need him though, we got Fofana in who looks set to be phenomenal. Kabak will be on our radar should we need a Soyuncu or Evans replacement though I suspect. 

• Like 2

Guest Hansifüx
30 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Don't need him though, we got Fofana in who looks set to be phenomenal. Kabak will be on our radar should we need a Soyuncu or Evans replacement though I suspect. 

Fofana ist fantastic! and I agree. It is just that Kabak will very likely be allowed to leave in January and It could be a one time opportunity. Schalke seems desperate to sell him and use that money for replacements for other parts of the squad where they look much weaker, haaaaagh maybe players could be exchanged, they might be very interested in Perez, Slimani, and/or Gray :) ...  I am hoping Champions league next season and lots of rotations needed anyway. 

and he is already used to wearing blue :)

Edited by Hansifüx
having fun

30 minutes ago, Hansifüx said:

Fofana ist fantastic! and I agree. It is just that Kabak will very likely be allowed to leave in January and It could be a one time opportunity. Schalke seems desperate to sell him and use that money for replacements for other parts of the squad where they look much weaker, haaaaagh maybe players could be exchanged, they might be very interested in Perez, Slimani, and/or Gray :) ...  I am hoping Champions league next season and lots of rotations needed anyway. 

and he is already used to wearing blue :)

Interesting that they are likely to let him go this January, can imagine Liverpool being interested as you say.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Agreed, but maybe we need a 4th CB if the plan is to play 3atb regularly. There’s rumours about Liam Moore so maybe a CB is on the agenda 

2 hours ago, Hansifüx said:

Yeah but can he jump as high as the stadium? Because Rodgers says Fofana can lol

• 3 weeks later...

This may be one for the development thread as he wouldn't be a first team signing but wouldn't be surprised if Karamoko Dembele ends up here come the summer.

He's now being left out our under 23's squad despite starting the season on the first team bench. Admittedly he hadn't shown anything near enough as yet to be on the first team bench, it looked like a move to get him to sign a new contract which he hasn't done.

A few years back Man City, Barcelona, Real Madrid were all after him but I'd be surprised if they were still courting him now as his career has stalled the last couple of years. He has frigthtening ability but physically he's tiny and still very much looks like a wee boy playing a mans game but I could see Rodgers going for him in the hope he develops physically.

22 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

This may be one for the development thread as he wouldn't be a first team signing but wouldn't be surprised if Karamoko Dembele ends up here come the summer.

He's now being left out our under 23's squad despite starting the season on the first team bench. Admittedly he hadn't shown anything near enough as yet to be on the first team bench, it looked like a move to get him to sign a new contract which he hasn't done.

A few years back Man City, Barcelona, Real Madrid were all after him but I'd be surprised if they were still courting him now as his career has stalled the last couple of years. He has frigthtening ability but physically he's tiny and still very much looks like a wee boy playing a mans game but I could see Rodgers going for him in the hope he develops physically.

Yeah I think he'll end up here, I know Rodgers was keen when he first joined us and the hype of Dembele was booming.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah I think he'll end up here, I know Rodgers was keen when he first joined us and the hype of Dembele was booming.

He would also fit the "big talent but went off the rails a bit" description that we seem to love going after.

50 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah the hype has died down a fair bit but I think he can still make it if he grows physically, from what I believe he has a fairly good attitude (other than expecting he should be playing for the first team at the moment) and doubt there is a danger of him turning out to be Feruz mk 2.