Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Five at the back

I've said that in the beginning of this season. The rotation is the key and it is important for these reasons.

- Giving the key players a necessary rest.

- But the most importantly keep the competition alive amongst the players to make sure they never feel that they are irreplaceable.

- I believe that some of late problems originated from the BR is providing excessive comfort/cushion to certain players Evans, Schmeichel, Vardy etc..

This is the significant difference between us and the other big boys like Man UTD, Man City ....

13 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

But Vardy and Kalechi are striking a dream partnership. How do we change to formation but still maintain that? 

Could have gone with a standard 442 with Thomas and Albrighton on the left. Could have gone with a 442 diamond with Mendy or Tavares featuring (although, tbf, it would have made little sense given West Ham’s weakness is on the sides, particularly the left)

Anyway, the system we played didn’t keep Iheanacho and Vardy together because Iheanacho ended up playing as a right-side inside forward/wider 10 and Praet vice versa the left. It was crap and no surprise we improved when Albrighton came on and we got that partnership back closer together (and finally had something out wide).

We seem to have some real defensive struggles in some games with 3/5 at and that sort of renders it pointless. Both games against West Ham, both second goals in those games are bewilderingly bad

Edited by Kopfkino

Can somebody against 3-4-1-2 (I don't particularly like it) give me some genuine alternative XI's and formations with the players available? There aren't many. Even the midfield diamond can only be deployed with a fully fit Maddison really, otherwise its so turgid.

When they are fit, Rodgers picks Evans and Vardy for every match. They are veterans now and need to be managed properly. They are great players and everybody on here picks them in their favoured starting eleven but they will slip from their very high standards if they are overplayed. Against lower teams in the league they need to start on the bench but will he do it?

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Can somebody against 3-4-1-2 (I don't particularly like it) give me some genuine alternative XI's and formations with the players available? There aren't many. Even the midfield diamond can only be deployed with a fully fit Maddison really, otherwise its so turgid.

How about 4-3-3, my main problem with 3 at the back is how many goals we concede on the break.

4 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Iheanach, Vardy, Barnes, at the moment

Barnes is injured? Obviously when he is back then 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 whatever you want to call it is our best formation but right now we can't really deploy it with any pace and power. 

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Barnes is injured? Obviously when he is back then 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 whatever you want to call it is our best formation but right now we can't really deploy it with any pace and power. 

Was supposed to be available after 6 weeks, the Southampton game is 7 weeks.

Without Barnes I'd probably go with Perez.

Just now, messerschmitt said:

Was supposed to be available after 6 weeks, the Southampton game is 7 weeks.

Without Barnes I'd probably go with Perez.

Yeah I think 6 weeks was always optimistic and even if he's now back training I think after an operation he'll need a few games to get back in to it from the bench which means as it stands we don't have the players suitable for 4-3-3 without it being pretty turgid. 

It's the only formation that lets us get bodies up the pitch in positions they're comfortable with. Minus Barnes we've got a horrific lack of pace in our squad. Fofana looked decent bursting down the left wing yesterday mind.

If played correctly it can be a devestatingly attacking formation, yesterday when we were chasing, we got forwards and pinned West Ham back using the same formation. Albrighton as CAM and Thomas and Ricardo on the wings.

I'd love us to start the remaining games with a similar intensity and desire to get into the other teams box.

• Like 1

The one we finished with yesterday as a 4 4 2/ 4 1 4 1 is the only alternate really. LT & MA on the left and TC and RP on the right. It's an option to switch to at least although risks being overran in midfield with 2 up top

1 minute ago, turlo said:

The one we finished with yesterday as a 4 4 2/ 4 1 4 1 is the only alternate really. LT & MA on the left and TC and RP on the right. It's an option to switch to at least although risks being overran in midfield with 2 up top

Pretty sure we finished with a bit of a gung ho 3 4 1 2

Schmeichel

Castagne

Evans

Fofana

Ricardo

Tielemans

Ndidi

Thomas

Albrighton

kel

Vardy

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

4231 for me it's the perfect  1 , ndidi and tielemans,  than Tavares,  nacho ,maddy  ,and big boss vardy on the front 

On 11/04/2021 at 15:33, Corky said:

Is it to compensate for Castagne and Ricardo not being completely fit or the lack of wingers?

...I would suspect lack of wingers!!!

Playing a player not yet up to match fitness after injury as a Wing-back would be difficult due to the workload they will have to go through.

1 hour ago, Simon alex said:

4231 for me it's the perfect  1 , ndidi and tielemans,  than Tavares,  nacho ,maddy  ,and big boss vardy on the front 

But no width in the 3 behind the strikers is a huge concern and I think it would be easily negated. That said if we could get it to work then I'd rather do that than have another defender in there when we seem to defend so badly anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simon alex said:

....playing Maddison out wide should be outlawed!!!

At the moment with availability a 4-4-2 formation could be a plan.

Kasper

Castagne   Fofana    Evans  Thomas

Ricardo       Ndidi   Tielemans  Albrighton

Praet     Vardy

Praet drops in to the midfield and supports Vardy or goes beyond Vardy when in possession. Praet very much playing the Okazaki role. Nacho although scoring, Vardy is having to adjust his came to accommodate him. We need Vardy back up and running and being his instinctive best.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...