Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steve Earle

Stoke (a) pre-match thread

4 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Stoke have a confirmed Covid Case in their latest round of testing.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-city-covid-leicester-team-4869411

Hopefully just one and nothing to worry about.

Well the integrity of the whole FA Cup competition is already down the pan after the Villa game and Derby today. With testing not so regular in the EFL there must be a higher risk of players getting the illness. If this is within their first team bubble then there will be an increased risk to our players.

I'm really not sure that pro sport should be continuing right now.

• Like 1

Why is a good league campaign and a good cup run always considered mutually exclusive?

If we did win the FA Cup this year, I’d be gutted that we can’t be there, but I’ll be ****ing livid at 5pm if we’ve lost to Stoke

Edited by RonnieTodger
  • Like 2

Good Morning all!

I've set up a new blog to talk about Leicester City and Leicester Tigers, and I've written about Leicester and The FA Cup. In short i think we should go for it!

I've put the link to the piece below. All feedback is appreciated! It's a new thing for me to do, so it is all a learning curve. There's a Twitter Page as well called @FromLe2 if you wanted to follow that.

Let's hope for a Leicester win this afternoon!

https://aviewfromle2.wixsite.com/website/post/leicester-city-and-the-fa-cup-go-for-it-or-not

How does this BBC Red Button malarkey work?

I have Virgin TV and if I view BBC One and press the red button I get a menu with choices like iPlayer, Sport etc...

...but I can't see any reference to our game?

Will it only appear shortly before 3pm?

If I search the iPlayer for our game I only get an edition of Countryfile about Stoke-on-Trent!

1 minute ago, Nick said:

I know, right?

lol

Looks like it used to be HD but doesn't seem to available anymore.

If you want HD then I'd suggest checking laptop or similar devices that are able to connect to TV or watch it through them🤷‍♂️

Just now, Ashley said:

Looks like it used to be HD but doesn't seem to available anymore.

If you want HD then I'd suggest checking laptop or similar devices that are able to connect to TV or watch it through them🤷‍♂️

Absolutely - it's just nice to commandeer the main TV for such events!

20 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Jesus, luddite!

At least with a big old fat casing - there is room for some decent sized speakers inside the 20 year old Panasonic telly...

...all you youngsters that have flatscreen TVs - seem to need to pay an extra £200 for a soundbar (so that you can actually hear what mumbling actors say). 

I don't even have a smartphone - my Nokia stays charged for about a month. 

Progress is overrated IMHO...

...maybe one day I'll get one of those new fangled Spinning Jennys!

Edited by theadmans
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, theadmans said:

At least with a big old fat casing - there is room for some decent sized speakers inside the 20 year old Panasonic telly...

...all you youngsters that have flatscreen TVs - seem to need to pay an extra £200 for a soundbar (so that you can actually hear what mumbling actors say). 

I don't even have a smartphone - my Nokia stays charged for about a month. 

Progress is overrated IMHO...

...maybe one day I'll get one of those new fangled Spinning Jennys!

Not true, my last TV needed a soundbar as it would distort at any audible volume, but I bought a Samsung 4K about 4 years ago and the speakers in it are far better quality than the soundbar I bought. It does an amazing job of panning the stereo too, I've never felt the need to buy a sound system for it

2 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Not true, my last TV needed a soundbar as it would distort at any audible volume, but I bought a Samsung 4K about 4 years ago and the speakers in it are far better quality than the soundbar I bought. It does an amazing job of panning the stereo too, I've never felt the need to buy a sound system for it

Ah but you haven't  heard my TV setup...

The Panasonic TV speakers are good enough for speech but when it comes to the Proms on BBC4...

I run an Optical lead from my Virgin Box to a Creek 50CD DAC (using twin Wolfson 8742 DACs in dual differential mode)...

...the converted analogue single then passes through a highly modified Musical Fidelity valve stage using valves from Russian Mig fighter planes.

Then the signal is amplified by my Creek 50A Integrated amp and finally reaches my studio grade monitor speakers (used in nearfield mode). 

BTW I am typing this on a 10 year HP Desktop PC running Windows 7 (was there anything wrong with XP?)

...I still make a living from MS-Dos computer software ( that I wrote in the 80s).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1