Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steve Earle

Stoke (a) pre-match thread

I don't know if I'm just being old fashioned but I want to finish top 6 and win a cup :dunno:

It's ok for a club like ours in its current state to have ambitions of top 6 finishes consistently but I feel we're in danger of it becoming an expectation, and it's too soon for that. 

• Like 4

Qualifying for the Champions league and winning the FA cup are not mutually exclusive !...Arsenal qualified for the Champions league every season 1998-2017 ,during which  time they won the FA cup 7 times.  Arsene Wenger had limited transfer funds due to the costs of building a new stadium ,so  their squads were not deep quality wise but they had a good scouting system in Europe that provided them with a core first team  of Henry,Annelka,Bergkamp,Pires,Petit alongside Seaman,Adams,Wright

• Like 2

I prefer the Champions League Hymn to 'Abide with me'.  We are not currently strong enough to fight on three fronts.  We are carrying more dead-wood than a Portland Lumber truck.  This summer is going to breath of fresh air to the revamp of the squad.

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Is it just me or do others feel like me. I couldn't give a toss about the FA cup, to me it's all about the Premier League or nothing. If I were a player I wouldn't care less if I wasn't playing. I can't understand why you guys get so hyper about this p***s*** trophy and go all ga ga. But if Leicester win it, it be good for the club where LCFC will get abit more respect within the footballing establishment I suppose.

Thats Why you are in America.....:P

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, KingsX said:

Just checked and all 32 third round matches are on ESPN+.  Our stream comes on at 0950 EST.

I’m sure they will be the UK broadcasts, re-transmitted -- hopefully no delay.

I’m tempted to look at ten minutes of Cheltenham/Mansfield Town Sunday just to see what “FA Player” coverage looks like.  One camera, one announcer?

It's on the iplayer on the big red button.

Ward 

Amartey

Morgan

Cags

Tim

Mendy

Praet

Thomas

Perez

Iheanacho

Barnes 

Would be the team I’d choose. 

Potential banana skin. Make changes but let’s not get booted out the cup. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bert said:

Ward 

Amartey

Morgan

Cags

Tim

Mendy

Praet

Thomas

Perez

Iheanacho

Barnes 

I reckon you're about right, Bert. Would expect Under to have played instead of Barnes if he was fit.

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

I reckon you're about right, Bert. Would expect Under to have played instead of Barnes if he was fit.

Yep me too. 

7 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

I would be. Why’d we risk injury when we’re trying to get rid in jan 

Why risk injury to someone who could play a lot of games for us for the rest of the season? 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Why risk injury to someone who could play a lot of games for us for the rest of the season? 

Might as well not play Vardy Tielemans Ndidi next week in the prem then just in case. In fact, let’s do what Villa did and just play our 23’s! 

6 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Might as well not play Vardy Tielemans Ndidi next week in the prem then just in case. In fact, let’s do what Villa did and just play our 23’s! 

Well that'd be a bit silly. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bert said:

Ward 

Amartey

Morgan

Cags

Tim

Mendy

Praet

Thomas

Perez

Iheanacho

Barnes 

Holy **** that's a defensive side though. 5 defenders and a holding midfielder away at Stoke?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It will be a weaker team but Brendan won't do a Puel and put dross out that disrespects the comp. 

Ward

Castagne Evans Soyuncu Fuchs

Mendy

Under    Praet  Perez  Albrighton 

Iheanacho 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

It will be a weaker team but Brendan won't do a Puel and put dross out that disrespects the comp. 

Ward

Mendy

Iheanacho 

That team should beat Stoke but Praet and Perez in the middle screams lightweight. 

17 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Ward

Mendy

Iheanacho 

I don’t think it will be far off this, but have an incline that BR might pick “rhythm player” Tielemans and Barnes might play if Under isn’t fit. So maybe Tilly for Albrighton and Barnes for Under.

But I’m only guessing ..... 

5 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I don't know if I'm just being old fashioned but I want to finish top 6 and win a cup :dunno:

It's ok for a club like ours in its current state to have ambitions of top 6 finishes consistently but I feel we're in danger of it becoming an expectation, and it's too soon for that. 

Oh yes, wanting to win a cup. That’s very niche of you fairplay buddy! The rest of us were all hoping to finish 12th and get knocked out of the FA cup tomorrow 

;)

• Like 1