Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Conrad Logan

47 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Was playing at Anstey Nomads 

Bit weird though it’s highly unlikely Stamford will play again this season 

They play Hereford in the FA Trophy on Tuesday.

It's a bizarre signing as they signed Luke Steele last year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Even more unlikely Anstey Nomads play again this season though to be fair.

Conrad Logan’s too good for UCL football anyway, was surprised to see him at that level!

Edit: what’s even more bizarre though is that Stamford have already recently signed Luke Steele? (I think that’s his name, former Manchester United and Olympiakos keeper) and have a 17 year old called Max Peverell who got man of the match on his debut, as well as another senior keeper, plus like you say, unlikely they will play much football if any.  

They also have a couple of decent keepers in their u18s squad.

Didn't know Anstey Nomads were in the UEFA Champions League! :D

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

what’s even more bizarre though is that Stamford have already recently signed Luke Steele? (I think that’s his name, former Manchester United and Olympiakos keeper) and have a 17 year old called Max Peverell who got man of the match on his debut, as well as another senior keeper, plus like you say, unlikely they will play much football if any.  

I can imagine the conversation going like this.

"The only thing is Conrad, you see we have quite a few keepers already so there might be a bit of bench time at first..."

"What do you mean at first?"

"We like that attitude Conrad, you see if you can muscle your way in straight away"

"Errmmm yeah, that's what I meant, just one more question, do you actually have benches or are they padded chairs at that level?"

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

He’s been playing outfield in Sunday league and now non league I think ? 

Yeah he has been, Stamford isn't far from me and he's played in goal a few times and outfield as well. He was on an episode of Undr The Cosh back in Nov/Dec which was a decent listen too. Chatted about his non-league exploits there.

1 minute ago, LCCFox96 said:

Yeah he has been, Stamford isn't far from me and he's played in goal a few times and outfield as well. He was on an episode of Undr The Cosh back in Nov/Dec which was a decent listen too. Chatted about his non-league exploits there.

Really! what position does he play outfield?

3 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

Yep that’s where I’d heard it but couldn’t remember the details in full 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

Really! what position does he play outfield?

He talks about it 7.30mins in or so here: 

Basically says he doesn't want to play in goal so he started up front. Done similar for Stamford since moving there too.

4 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

He talks about it 7.30mins in or so here: 

Basically says he doesn't want to play in goal so he started up front. Done similar for Stamford since moving there too.

Hahaha I totally got confused and though we were talking about Conrad!!

• Haha 1

Just now, Collymore said:

Hahaha I totally got confused and though we were talking about Conrad!!

Haha sorry, my bad. Can't see Logan going up top but it would give 8th tier Stamford established EFL keepers at either of the pitch. lol

28 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

He’s been playing outfield in Sunday league and now non league I think ? 

11 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

Played for Peterborough North Star reserves up front but is used as a goalkeeper at Stamford.

• Like 1

On 17/01/2021 at 09:32, pmcla26 said:

Even more unlikely Anstey Nomads play again this season though to be fair.

Conrad Logan’s too good for UCL football anyway, was surprised to see him at that level!

Edit: what’s even more bizarre though is that Stamford have already recently signed Luke Steele? (I think that’s his name, former Manchester United and Olympiakos keeper) and have a 17 year old called Max Peverell who got man of the match on his debut, as well as another senior keeper, plus like you say, unlikely they will play much football if any.  

They also have a couple of decent keepers in their u18s squad.

how tf do you know this