Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Mercedes 🤝 screwing up pit stops 

Was quicker than Verstappen's. Makes absolutely no sense they didn't pit him the lap after Bottas, same lap as Max. For every masterclass strategy they do they are more than capable of ****ing up the next day. 

2 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Was quicker than Verstappen's. Makes absolutely no sense they didn't pit him the lap after Bottas, same lap as Max. For every masterclass strategy they do they are more than capable of ****ing up the next day. 

Quicker, but managed to **** up the undercut. 

11 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

There really needs to be a shake up of F1, this wasn't an interesting race again. 

Relied on a mistake again to make any type of drama. Yet Comms jumping as if this has been a thrilling race. 

You know there's big changes next year, right? :fc:

20 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

There really needs to be a shake up of F1, this wasn't an interesting race again. 

Relied on a mistake again to make any type of drama. Yet Comms jumping as if this has been a thrilling race. 

I agree, through out the race the commentators said more than a few times how teams were planning on yellow flags, this isnt the first race that I have heard this line as well, for the street races this was a common thing...are teams relying too much on yellow/red flags?? I am new to the sport so not sure if it has always been like this.

I thought it was a good race for a track where overtaking isn't easy. Always feel like Mercedes get out thought by Red Bull though. But then it wasn't clear which car was faster. Would have been interesting if Hamilton came in for a 2nd pit stop before Max if he would have been able to close him down. Not sure how much was down to the car and how much was strategy.

1 minute ago, LiberalFox said:

I thought it was a good race for a track where overtaking isn't easy. Always feel like Mercedes get out thought by Red Bull though. But then it wasn't clear which car was faster. Would have been interesting if Hamilton came in for a 2nd pit stop before Max if he would have been able to close him down. Not sure how much was down to the car and how much was strategy.

This is one aspect that has always confused me. Why are we using circuits where overtaking is difficult? Surely we want to watch drivers going all out against each other to get the best line and overtake rather than solely relying on flags or mistakes? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

This is one aspect that has always confused me. Why are we using circuits where overtaking is difficult? Surely we want to watch drivers going all out against each other to get the best line and overtake rather than solely relying on flags or mistakes? 

"Back in the day" most tracks were fine to overtake on. Cars have just outgrown some tracks and current regulations make it more difficult.

Always thought Paul Ricard gets unnecessary hate, usually have plenty of overtaking and (to me atleast) the track is visually pleasing. Understand most of the complaints are about lack of gravel/grass, but personally i've never really been one who insists on drivers having to DNF for making mistakes

The speed and grip of cars nowadays means overtaking is sadly not possible anywhere near as much. Hopefully the new regulations for next season will help with that. Ross Brawn has been overseeing it all which gives me some confidence as he's a smart guy and understands the sport. 

There's been a problem for a while now of cars losing performance when following another car. What would be ideal is having less DRS and more natural racing. I think there's a balance when it comes to overtaking, Monaco is the only track where it's a real problem imo. If overtaking is too easy then there's no real penalty for making an error or otherwise losing a position. You always want track position to be worth at least something. 

18 hours ago, Walkers said:

"Back in the day" most tracks were fine to overtake on. Cars have just outgrown some tracks and current regulations make it more difficult.

Always thought Paul Ricard gets unnecessary hate, usually have plenty of overtaking and (to me atleast) the track is visually pleasing. Understand most of the complaints are about lack of gravel/grass, but personally i've never really been one who insists on drivers having to DNF for making mistakes

Paul Ricard has always been a shocker since it returned, the last one I remember was one of the worst races in modern history 

They really need a massive overhaul of the tyres, no one like them and there’s too little window of maximum performance so drivers can’t drive on the limit for long without the tyres giving up so much grip they either lose seconds of performance or shred themselves into oblivion

I’m fed up if this era of tyre management and pit strategy, we need an F1 that allows the drivers to drive as fast as they can on the limit and fighting for positions. 

Edited by chrisfox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisfox said:

They really need a massive overhaul of the tyres, no one like them and there’s too little window of maximum performance so drivers can’t drive on the limit for long without the tyres giving up so much grip they either lose seconds of performance or shred themselves into oblivion

I’m fed up if this era of tyre management and pit strategy, we need an F1 that allows the drivers to drive as fast as they can on the limit and fighting for positions. 

Without the strategy that race would've been utterly forgetable