Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Seems he left a switch on which he should have had off - affects the brakes 

strange as you would think his race engineer would be able to see that and tell him 

Yep, the tyres were smoking well before they left the start. 

Has anyone done an F1 race abroad? Never been before, but been looking at prices all day, keen on Monza and also Spa. Any other costs I should be weary about other than flights and tickets? Never done an F1 race before, not even Silverstone, but COVID has made me realise there's so much more I want to do with my life that I haven't!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Has anyone done an F1 race abroad? Never been before, but been looking at prices all day, keen on Monza and also Spa. Any other costs I should be weary about other than flights and tickets? Never done an F1 race before, not even Silverstone, but COVID has made me realise there's so much more I want to do with my life that I haven't!

I'd imagine Monza would be a bit dull. Not many good sections for spectators I'd have thought. 

I've heard Spa is good. Wtahcing them fly up Eau Rouge must be great. 

34 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I'd imagine Monza would be a bit dull. Not many good sections for spectators I'd have thought. 

I've heard Spa is good. Wtahcing them fly up Eau Rouge must be great. 

Spa was actually the one I looked at, but I've been Belgium before, whereas I've never been Italy so thought I might be able to knock two birds off with one stone.

I think Spa was about 500 euros for the weekend ticket for a seat on the Eau Rouge (It's a gold seat as you can imagine), which I didn't think was that bad.

Always wanted to go to Laguna Seca as well tbf, shame they don't do a lot there anymore.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Done Monza,  Barcelona twice,  Hungary,  Malaysia,  Canada,  Melbourne,  and Monaco. 

The European ones with flight , accommodation and 3 day grandstand tickets work out cheaper than going to Silverstone. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The Bear said:

I think it's more that Mercedes haven't moved forward as much as them. Struggling with the tyres. 

Yes I think Red Bull have just gradually closed the gap. And have an awesome driver that's got better and matured over the years. Plus Bottas at Mercedes hasn't really been a great support or given great reliability as a 2nd driver. 

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Yes I think Red Bull have just gradually closed the gap. And have an awesome driver that's got better and matured over the years. Plus Bottas at Mercedes hasn't really been a great support or given great reliability as a 2nd driver. 

Red Bull also weren't scared to make a tough decision and change 2nd driver. Mercedes should have shown Bottas the door when they had chance this summer, and bought in Russell.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Red Bull also weren't scared to make a tough decision and change 2nd driver. Mercedes should have shown Bottas the door when they had chance this summer, and bought in Russell.

Agreed. Sounds like Russell is in next year though. 

• Like 1