Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

(I'm trying to think of the last time I went to Silverstone (since I mainly marshalled at Donington, Cadwell and Mallory)).

Oh, I remember - got taken to the Grand Prix Masters there (to spectate).  TBH all I really remember about that day was the wind and rain, though (I got SOAKED and had 2 umbrellas destroyed!) :D 

On 14/05/2021 at 14:49, JonnyBoy said:

got tickets for Silverstone, if it goes ahead what time should i get in my spot (general admission) on race day? people saying 7am? where are the better places to watch the race? 

For general admission, Woodcote. Park at silverstone village and walk, get there early and head straight for it as there's only a narrow strip about 5 rows deep, there's an entrance close by and a couple of big screens opposite , it's also at the end of the drs overtaking zone so you see quite a bit of action,  although i don't know how it works this year regarding the social distancing stuff. It's the beginning of the old start finish straight as well, so the cars are flying. 

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.2d430c01b4c55625815bbdc4d6847dae.jpg

16 minutes ago, Super_horns said:
Oh dear - trouble for Leclerc on the grid.

Back in the pits.

Will he make the race ?

He does not. Of all the races for it to happen and from a rare Ferrari pole position.

• Like 1

It's said every year but Monaco seriously needs fixing.  What an absolutely appalling "race".  If it's a dry day and you're ahead after the first corner it's race over.

Cars don't even bother getting within DRS range as it would just shred the tyres.  Looks pretty but a waste of time after qualifying.  

• Like 1

Yeah, you have to hope for bad pit stop or a crash for anything to happen.

Looks like the only reason this is on the race calendar is because of tradition and that you cant overtake so it makes  the championship "interesting".

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

It's said every year but Monaco seriously needs fixing.  What an absolutely appalling "race".  If it's a dry day and you're ahead after the first corner it's race over.

Cars don't even bother getting within DRS range as it would just shred the tyres.  Looks pretty but a waste of time after qualifying.  

Didn't even bother turning on. Can't overtake anywhere and you're needing for mistakes or accidents to add action.

F1 would think well Verstappen has taken 1st and become a challenger to Hamilton and therefore this race has created excitement in the table, but it kind of sucks you dont get to see Verstappen take on Hamilton in this race.

The only thing I have been interested in this race is if Norris can hold on to that 3rd spot.

Edited by ShadowKing

One overtake the entire race. ONE.  Schumacher on Mazepin.  At the back.

Nobody else even bothered having a go.

What is the actual point?  Modern F1 cars are far too big and far too fast for Monaco now.

Sky did an absolute sterling job of defending the indefensible though. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...