Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

Probably predictable Hamilton would get paid Bottas but as usual Vertstappen put in a good fight.

Shame Russell wasn't able to convert his excellent qualifying into points but the Williams is lacking race pace. 

Another excellent result for Norris and his team-mate did well to battle back into the point - likewise Alonso. 

19 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Probably predictable Hamilton would get paid Bottas but as usual Vertstappen put in a good fight.

Shame Russell wasn't able to convert his excellent qualifying into points but the Williams is lacking race pace. 

Another excellent result for Norris and his team-mate did well to battle back into the point - likewise Alonso. 

Russel needs to start converting his good qualifying into points  finishes. Monaco will be his best chance.

• Like 1

Only just caught up from yesterday's qualifying. 100 poles is incredible when you consider Schumacher is on 68. I was about to trot out the "but they have more races per season", but Lewis still has fewer race entries than Schumacher. 

Regarding Mazespin, he's not quite as out his depth as the great Jean-Denis Deletraz, but not far off. 

• Like 1

With a lack of a wider Motorsport thread I'll bash it in here. Ridiculous the BTCC at Thruxton today is still behind closed doors. There is no other sport that can be made Covid safe more easily than motorsport, particularly the disciplines slightly lower down the pyramid.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

With a lack of a wider Motorsport thread I'll bash it in here. Ridiculous the BTCC at Thruxton today is still behind closed doors. There is no other sport that can be made Covid safe more easily than motorsport, particularly the disciplines slightly lower down the pyramid.

The last BTCC meeting I marshalled at was when the Alpha's were in charge with Larini and Nannini at Donington.  Haven't really bothered watching any of it since...  Maybe I should? 

2 hours ago, PhillippaT said:

The last BTCC meeting I marshalled at was when the Alpha's were in charge with Larini and Nannini at Donington.  Haven't really bothered watching any of it since...  Maybe I should? 

Hmm, so far both races have had massive accidents, both in the first half of the first laps. First race was 10 laps of safety car and the second one has just been red flagged. 

I'm sure it'll get better lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Hmm, so far both races have had massive accidents, both in the first half of the first laps. First race was 10 laps of safety car and the second one has just been red flagged. 

I'm sure it'll get better lol

I guess that's great if it's what you're looking for (as a spectator), but not so much if you're paying for it (as an owner)!

Edited by PhillippaT

5 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Only just caught up from yesterday's qualifying. 100 poles is incredible when you consider Schumacher is on 68. I was about to trot out the "but they have more races per season", but Lewis still has fewer race entries than Schumacher. 

Regarding Mazespin, he's not quite as out his depth as the great Jean-Denis Deletraz, but not far off. 

Only thing with Schumi is he raced quite a bit under a format that didn't encourage going for pole. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, LiberalFox said:

Only thing with Schumi is he raced quite a bit under a format that didn't encourage going for pole. 

Also Lewis has been blessed with the best car for the majority of his career, this isn't exrmpt from schumi either but he drove a lot more dogs than Hamilton.

22 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Alienturnedhuman wrote: 

08 May 2021 21:07

Today was the 1039th F1 race. Hamilton started from pole at 100 of those. If he gets 5 poles from the next 11 races he will have 105 poles from 1050 races meaning that 10% of F1 races had Hamilton on pole.

(From Planet F1 Forum)

Still pretty remarkable, though!

On 14/05/2021 at 14:49, JonnyBoy said:

got tickets for Silverstone, if it goes ahead what time should i get in my spot (general admission) on race day? people saying 7am? where are the better places to watch the race? 

People are right! You need to get there early to get a decent spot. Take a comfy chair and an umbrella! 

The guys I go with always get there at gates opening, they sit at Vale.