Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

Just wanting to get opinions on something. 

1) Address Goalkeeping situation this summer, get someone young in with potential and nurture them to take over from Kasper. (like we do in other areas of the pitch)

2) Wait until summer after and sign a like for like ready made experienced number one to replace him? (Someone like Raya, Livakovic, Dubravka, Martinez etc etc)

I think if we achieve our top four goal this season and Kasper has another stab at Champions League with us, he might well be looking for one last challenge in Summer 2022, so I feel like we need to be prepared whether it's us making the decision to get a new Number 1 or him taking the decision out of our hands.

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

1) Address Goalkeeping situation this summer, get someone young in with potential and nurture them to take over from Kasper. (like we do in other areas of the pitch)

2) Wait until summer after and sign a like for like ready made experienced number one to replace him? (Someone like Raya, Livakovic, Dubravka, Martinez etc etc)

I think if we achieve our top four goal this season and Kasper has another stab at Champions League with us, he might well be looking for one last challenge in Summer 2022, so I feel like we need to be prepared whether it's us making the decision to get a new Number 1 or him taking the decision out of our hands.

Daniel Iversen :thumbup:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Interesting, never seen him play but just looked at some stats. I imagine would come in as Wilf backup? A tall lad that's for sure, and seems a little more box-to-box than Wilf?

Maybe someone with more French football knowledge than me can confirm those.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

What like Daniel Iversen? Currently a very highly rated championship goalkeeper? And the polish guy in the 23s, who equally as highly rated. Or the American 19 year old, again, really highly rated. We're very well served for keepers in the youth team. 

Just now, Out Foxed said:

we have Iversen

Just now, moore_94 said:

Daniel Iversen :thumbup:

You genuinely both believe that's the plan?? 

Iversen was very much pre Rodgers, whether he's a talent or not I can't see us not going big for a new number one when the time comes personally. 

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

What like Daniel Iversen? Currently a very highly rated championship goalkeeper? And the polish guy in the 23s, who equally as highly rated. Or the American 19 year old, again, really highly rated. We're very well served for keepers in the youth team. 

I think there's an in-between stage.... One of those might well be the one, but I think we might need one of those PLUS someone already established. 

If one of those youngsters is the answer... they need to be Number 2 next season not Ward.

Edited by AjcW

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Iversen was very much pre Rodgers, whether he's a talent or not I can't see us not going big for a new number one when the time comes personally. 

from what i've seen he's been killing it on loan. only loan where he didn't was Belgium so i don't see any reason why it wouldn't be at the moment. don't see Kasper going anywhere any time soon. 

• Like 1

Just now, Out Foxed said:

from what i've seen he's been killing it on loan. only loan where he didn't was Belgium so i don't see any reason why it wouldn't be at the moment. don't see Kasper going anywhere any time soon. 

Fair enough. That's good to hear then :) like i say if we rate him that much i'd like to see him be Number 2 next season with plenty of Cup game time.

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

He signed a new 5 and a half year deal last year, and the club seem to be doing everything they can to get him game time

Giving someone who is 22 a contract that long the club clearly feel he has some sort of future here

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

He signed a new 5 and a half year deal last year, and the club seem to be doing everything they can to get him game time

Giving someone who is 22 a contract that long the club clearly feel he has some sort of future here

True, I guess it's the perfect situation given the nationality thing, he could well replace Kasper on both fronts if he does as well as people seem to think.

12 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Schmeichel was an Eriksen signing.  Rodgers copes with that

1 minute ago, majaco said:

Schmeichel was an Eriksen signing.  Rodgers copes with that

What a stupid ****ing reply lol 

It's a bit different comparing the best shot stopper in the Premier League to someone who hasn't yet played in the league. Christ.

3 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Didnt one of our academy coaches say iverson was the youth product he was most excited about in recent years? Im assuming that includes chilwell, barnes, choudhury, thomas etc so that's high praise

Nice! He was signed during Claudio's time wasn't he? I thought at the time perhaps it was a full on recommendation from Kasper, almost taking him under his wing.

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

What a stupid ****ing reply lol 

It's a bit different comparing the best shot stopper in the Premier League to someone who hasn't yet played in the league. Christ.

What an insulting reply.  Grow up.  A lot of people have disagreed with you so be a warrior on that keyboard,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, majaco said:

What an insulting reply.  Grow up.  A lot of people have disagreed with you so be a warrior on that keyboard,

I think I made it quite clear above that i'd made a mistake no? lol 

6 minutes ago, majaco said:

No, your response was stupid and was replied to as such. Rodgers copes with that ffs? If he didn't want Kasper here, he'd be gone. Fact is, he's one of the best in the league.

Just now, UniFox21 said:

No, your response was stupid and was replied to as such. Rodgers copes with that ffs? If he didn't want Kasper here, he'd be gone. Fact is, he's one of the best in the league.

Thanks! I probably shouldn't have sworn but I stand by the rest!