Jump to content
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Prepared for hostile responses, but how much longer do we think Kasper has got? I realise he is a keeper and they seem to go longer, but should we think about succession planning there at some point in the next couple of years?

You have a point, but this in in 2-3 years we will start to look into a GK. Iversen apparently has been getting good reviews. And Kasper is still playing very well. 

 

The striker is the worry, I think this will be sorted this summer with a back up option for Vardy. Eduard at Celtic could be the player. With European + cup games there will be a lot of matches for him to get used to the team as such and then be pushing for a start. Contract running down value could be very reasonable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

If it was me this summer, this is how I would be thinking....

 

Tarkowski. Although we have decent cover at CB, only 3 players at the club are comfortable in a 4 so I would like to see someone else come in and I think he would be perfect. 

 

McGregor. On paper, Mendy covering Ndidi, KDH covering Youri and Praet standing in for Mads is decent but a guy like Calmac who can play all those positions would strengthen us tenfold. 

 

David Brooks. W need that allusion RWer and I think he is our guy. 

 

Marcus Paoulo or Olise. We need another winger IMO as we don't have a Barnes understudy and both these guys are young and promising. 

 

Eduoard. He is our man. We can all dream of Tony and Ings but price wise, he is the only real option here I think. 

Agree on 4 of these (Not familiar with Paoulo / Olise that is all).

 

Tarkowski will be a very good option to add to our team. 

 

McGregor to add great experience and versatility. 

 

Brooks when fit is a very talented young player who BR can improve, similar to Barnes. I am not sure how quick Brooks is but technically he looks very good. 

 

Eduoard I would take as well as a great option. 

 

These signings and this is a very good transfer window. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Unique FC said:

You have a point, but this in in 2-3 years we will start to look into a GK. Iversen apparently has been getting good reviews. And Kasper is still playing very well. 

 

The striker is the worry, I think this will be sorted this summer with a back up option for Vardy. Eduard at Celtic could be the player. With European + cup games there will be a lot of matches for him to get used to the team as such and then be pushing for a start. Contract running down value could be very reasonable. 

 

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Couple of years, then hopefully Iversen has a couple more seasons of 1st team football out on loan and could be the option to take his place, only played about 6 games for Preston but their fans love him already

Yes, realise its not urgent and I did see the extremely positive reviews from PNE fans recently, but not sure how likely he is step up  :dunno:

We do seem to be generally ahead of the game in terms of planning replacements (Vardy excluded due to size of the task) so just wondered if people imagined the GK position would start to come under consideration 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Couple of years, then hopefully Iversen has a couple more seasons of 1st team football out on loan and could be the option to take his place, only played about 6 games for Preston but their fans love him already

Gave him a 5.5 year contract this time last year as well so presumably the club have a fair amount on confidence in him to step up sooner or later.

 

Made this save on Friday:

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I can see we're not going to agree about the amount of scope left to improve the starting XI. The squad on the whole, I agree, can much more easily be improved. I think the defence has good strength in depth now, the midfield is getting there with Praet fit and KDH back, but we could certainly add a couple of forwards (RW and ST) in the summer.

 

As I say, you might be right and we might see a genius signing who ousts a non-RW from their place in the team. I'm just saying it's harder to do now than it was, given the quality we have now compared to before. If a club had the world's best player in each position, then it would be impossible for them to instantly improve their starting XI with any signings.

I agree it’s harder and I’m not saying 4 new players are going to arrive and walk straight into the side. Just that signing average players for the benefit of the squad depth isn’t a particularly good model and one we won’t be following. In fact its pretty obvious what point I’m making so no real need for me to repeat it. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

I agree it’s harder and I’m not saying 4 new players are going to arrive and walk straight into the side. Just that signing average players for the benefit of the squad depth isn’t a particularly good model and one we won’t be following. In fact its pretty obvious what point I’m making so no real need for me to repeat it.

You did say that it's always possible to improve your first XI, though. I'm saying that's not true, due to money and a very limited number of better players available. For example, I think Ndidi could be the best in the world at what he does. It may not be possible to sign someone who is currently better right now.

 

At no point have I ever suggested we should sign average players to pad out the squad. You've totally misrepresented my argument there. I don't know how you arrived at that.

 

With everyone fit, one of Evans, Soyuncu and Fofana misses out. Same with one of Ricardo, Castagne and Justin. Would you call any of those players average? I certainly wouldn't. I don't think many Leicester fans would. 2 of those 6 players are top quality squad players in effect. That sort of depth is what we should be looking to add further up the pitch. I think Praet and/or KDH could be very good options in midfield, but our forward line needs work.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

You did say that it's always possible to improve your first XI, though. I'm saying that's not true, due to money and a very limited number of better players available. For example, I think Ndidi could be the best in the world at what he does. It may not be possible to sign someone who is currently better right now.

 

At no point have I ever suggested we should sign average players to pad out the squad. You've totally misrepresented my argument there. I don't know how you arrived at that.

 

With everyone fit, one of Evans, Soyuncu and Fofana misses out. Same with one of Ricardo, Castagne and Justin. Would you call any of those players average? I certainly wouldn't. I don't think many Leicester fans would. 2 of those 6 players are top quality squad players in effect. That sort of depth is what we should be looking to add further up the pitch. I think Praet and/or KDH could be very good options in midfield, but our forward line needs work.

Fvck me mate I don’t think you’re even bothering to read the thread properly because you’re barking up the wrong tree. 

My original point was to another post on this thread that I didn’t want us to sign players such as Buendia or Harrison Reed because we should be looking to improve the starting XI. YOU then jumped on that saying that it’s not always possible to do so, which I disagree with to a certain extent. 

Jesus Christ lol you’ve implied that I’m taking things too literally and then gone on yourself to assume that I’m calling one of Justin/Ricardo/Castagne average. 

Come on now 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

I'd fancy a squad like this into next season:

GK (3): Schmeichel, Ward, Jakupovic

FB (4): Ricardo, Justin, Castagne, Thomas

CB (5): Evans, Soyuncu, Fofana, CB, Amartey

MF (6): Ndidi, Mendy, Tielemans, Dewsbury-Hall, Praet, Maddison

WI (4): Barnes, Albrighton, RW, Sowah

FW (3): Vardy, CF, Perez

 

That's 25 players, although Fofana, Thomas and Sowah would be U21 (Fofana would need to be on any European A list). Nobody would miss out. Fuchs and Morgan leave on frees; Iheanacho and Choudhury probably move on permanently. RW is now unlikely to be Under I think. New contracts for Jakupovic (1 yr), then ideally Ricardo, Soyuncu and Tielemans at a minimum.

 

Your best starting XI is probably Schmeichel; Ricardo, Evans, Soyuncu, Castagne; Ndidi, Tielemans; RW, Maddison, Barnes; Vardy

Second string of Ward; Justin, Fofana, CB, Thomas; Mendy, Dewsbury-Hall; Sowah, Praet, Albrighton; CF

 

You then have the flexibility of two utility players in Amartey (RB/CB/DM) and Perez (RW/AM/CF).

 

I don't think that squad has any real weaknesses. You might add in a more physical cover option for Ndidi (Palhinha/Carvalho linked), or possibly a stopgap solution while Justin is out until Oct/Nov at full-back.

 

I like the idea of bringing KDH and Sowah in because it reduces the need to go out and sign potentially expensive backup players for Tielemans and Barnes. They have both proven they are very decent players on their respective loans.

 

So I think it's going to be 4 signings. CB, RW and CF, then a replacement for whoever leaves.

Jakupovic is out of contract in the summer I think 

 

* Ignore 

Edited by OhYesNdidi
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

 

Yes, realise its not urgent and I did see the extremely positive reviews from PNE fans recently, but not sure how likely he is step up  :dunno:

We do seem to be generally ahead of the game in terms of planning replacements (Vardy excluded due to size of the task) so just wondered if people imagined the GK position would start to come under consideration 

Its a good thought and interesting topic. Kasper will not go on for ever, but I think he is looking almost better than ever at the moment. I think he has 2-3 years realistically at a top level. Iversen potentially will be ready in that time. But he needs this current loan and maybe a loan to another Premier League team next year to further his development. Then we can see if he steps up to the level. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think a lot of money will be spent this summer.

 

can see us bringing in a wide player on a free (thauvin or otavio) a striker (Eduoard) and potentially a young centre back to go into u23’s (Scottish lad) 


KDH and Sowah to join the squad. 

 

Morgan, Fuchs, James and ghezzal will go. Can’t see any of our big hitters leaving 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

I'd fancy a squad like this into next season:

GK (3): Schmeichel, Ward, Jakupovic

FB (4): Ricardo, Justin, Castagne, Thomas

CB (5): Evans, Soyuncu, Fofana, CB, Amartey

MF (6): Ndidi, Mendy, Tielemans, Dewsbury-Hall, Praet, Maddison

WI (4): Barnes, Albrighton, RW, Sowah

FW (3): Vardy, CF, Perez

 

That's 25 players, although Fofana, Thomas and Sowah would be U21 (Fofana would need to be on any European A list). Nobody would miss out. Fuchs and Morgan leave on frees; Iheanacho and Choudhury probably move on permanently. RW is now unlikely to be Under I think. New contracts for Jakupovic (1 yr), then ideally Ricardo, Soyuncu and Tielemans at a minimum.

 

Your best starting XI is probably Schmeichel; Ricardo, Evans, Soyuncu, Castagne; Ndidi, Tielemans; RW, Maddison, Barnes; Vardy

Second string of Ward; Justin, Fofana, CB, Thomas; Mendy, Dewsbury-Hall; Sowah, Praet, Albrighton; CF

 

You then have the flexibility of two utility players in Amartey (RB/CB/DM) and Perez (RW/AM/CF).

 

I don't think that squad has any real weaknesses. You might add in a more physical cover option for Ndidi (Palhinha/Carvalho linked), or possibly a stopgap solution while Justin is out until Oct/Nov at full-back.

 

I like the idea of bringing KDH and Sowah in because it reduces the need to go out and sign potentially expensive backup players for Tielemans and Barnes. They have both proven they are very decent players on their respective loans.

 

So I think it's going to be 4 signings. CB, RW and CF, then a replacement for whoever leaves.

Someone’s leaving?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

All about succession planning, although if 5 at the back becomes useful, another good CB is not crazy.

Yeah and it’s dependent on who is the next player we let go for a decent sum. Cags contract is only to 2023....and we like to have a players in situ for a period before becoming first choice 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Seems pretty steep. Weren't they fairly keen on getting rid of him that last window? 

I think we’d get him cheaper but seems to have played a fair few games this season so who knows

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, murphy said:

Where would that leave big Dan?  I think he has shown that he s capable of being fourth choice CB.  Justin can also play there in a three and Wilf if necessary.  That's six options.

 

I think we're OK defensively, I would rather prioritise RW, striker and midfield.  

I agree mate but it seems to me we’re linked with another centre back an awful lot so maybe it’s not about big Dan but rather the fear of Soyuncu leaving? 
 

Edouard and josh da silva would be my priority signings this summer, unsure on the RW as it seems clear to me brendan wants someone who will track back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we should plan on Praet being gone - he’s going to want out.  The question is whether they’ll replace him or let KDH slide into the spot with no competition.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I think we should plan on Praet being gone - he’s going to want out.  The question is whether they’ll replace him or let KDH slide into the spot with no competition.

I think KDH will be in the squad either way. If Praet leaves, then I think we'll be buying another CM to replace him. We're dangerously short for creative CMs at the mo.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think KDH will be in the squad either way. If Praet leaves, then I think we'll be buying another CM to replace him. We're dangerously short for creative CMs at the mo.

Agree KDH will be in the squad, and agree we should buy another CM if Praet leaves anyway.  The question is whether we will.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think most of our budget this summer will go on renewing contracts for key players like Tielemans and Soyuncu. We know we need a striker as a priority but cant see us signing more than 2 maximum 3 new players as well as adding KDH and Sowah into the squad potentially. The most important thing will be keeping hold of all our top players. I can see Ndidi being most in demand as there are not loads of good cdms around and could see the likes of Man C, Chelsea (if Tuchel doesn't fancy Kante), PSG, Barce all being interested in a new cdm this summer. Whether any of them teams could afford him is a different matter and us keeping hold of all our players as well as having some money to spend could depend on champions league qualification. 

Edited by jayfox26
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

I'd be surprised if Praet does leave. He was getting some decent game time again until his recent injury.

No, he really wasn’t.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't see Praet going? I think Brendan will want to keep the core of the team together. Praet is important for cover for Youri and Madders and has elements to his game Madders doesn't that will possibly see him picked first against certain teams. Hopefully next season we will have Europe and cup runs again so plenty of games. If he wasn't injured he would have played the FA cup games and be on the plane to Europe. I can see Hamza possibly going as his loan didn't work out but I don't see many more going? I think Fuchs and Morgan will finally hang up their boots too. We need a squad to succeed and I don't think Praet, Mendy, etc will go as they are much needed. Much the same as the CB situation. Man management is key though as Fofana wants to play but so do Evan's and Cags. Brendan is the king of nan management though apparently and I'm sure conversations will be had individually. This team is exciting, I hope we can keep hold of them. Sort contracts for Cags and Youri asap too!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...