Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

2 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Released by us at 16. And hes not 26 year old Jamie Vardy rapid but certainly isnt a a slouch. 

Is there any reference to him being with us before being released? Can't find anything.

Also, apparently he didn't sign for Wolves because of an undisclosed medical issue - any ideas?

20 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....he spent a long time waiting for his big move, waited too long and looks like it was a bad choice!!!

I do not believe he could consider us good enough to come here, he didn't before.

All he has to do is look at the Table and he might see were better than he thought ?!

44 minutes ago, LaCiudad said:

Is there any reference to him being with us before being released? Can't find anything.

Also, apparently he didn't sign for Wolves because of an undisclosed medical issue - any ideas?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/22/ivan-toney-newcastle-reunion-rise-brentford-carabao-cup-quarter-final

6th paragraph in regards to him being with us

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2014/11/28/wolves-ivan-toney-deal-failed-on-a-medical/

Reason he failed his medical seem to have been kept confidential

Other than a 3 month ankle ligament injury in 2016, he hasn't really had any injuries at all in his career

1 minute ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Thought we might have gone for Toney last summer and would’ve saved ourselves a few quid if we had

Shame we can’t tempt Haaland here with the offer of a gaff on the Saff 

To be fair he was a failure at Newcastle a few years ago, so to go from Peterborough straight to the top half of the premier league is a big ask. 

1 hour ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Just watched a video talking about our transfer policy. Incredible stuff when you think about how young the players we've brought in have been. Probably the best transfers in the last 5 years for any team in Europe. Of course we'll have some duds like all teams but it's incredible how well we've done.

I keep thinking how we bought 19 yr old Fofana intending to  blend him in gradually with the squad, but got a CB injury so we put our trust in him and he stepped up.  This enabled Ndidi to continue playing in midfield and our team to retain its accustomed shape. Compare with Liverpool, who brought in Kabak (and the guy from Preston) to cover for their CB problems, but instead of blooding them immediately, continued to play Henderson at CB.  I think the disruption caused by him missing from midfield has been the main reason for their decline.

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

To be fair he was a failure at Newcastle a few years ago, so to go from Peterborough straight to the top half of the premier league is a big ask. 

Yeah I know about his time at Newcastle and he would’ve been a risk but the signing of pretty much any striker is.  I can’t believe how Werner has underperformed so far. But Toney would have cost peanuts for us relatively speaking  last year and we would still get a return if it didn’t work out for him here. 

13 hours ago, deep blue said:

I keep thinking how we bought 19 yr old Fofana intending to  blend him in gradually with the squad, but got a CB injury so we put our trust in him and he stepped up.  This enabled Ndidi to continue playing in midfield and our team to retain its accustomed shape. Compare with Liverpool, who brought in Kabak (and the guy from Preston) to cover for their CB problems, but instead of blooding them immediately, continued to play Henderson at CB.  I think the disruption caused by him missing from midfield has been the main reason for their decline.

In fairness we did spend a fortune on Fofana so I’d have expected him to do well 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Simonb said:

I think the only problem with lingard is he goes off the boil.. On loan until the summer he'd have been perfect.. Long term you'd end up with an expensive bench warmer 

Yep agree but was thinking for that loan till summer, although would Man U have loaned him to us

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Yep agree but was thinking for that loan till summer, although would Man U have loaned him to us

Yea I agree.. Don't think they expected west ham to carry on as they have  but with no European football and their Co fidence they are flying 

• Like 1

Would anyone take Almiron (or however you spell it, took me six  attempts to type that name... bloody phone). He has pace and is full of energy and running and does the defensive work too and plays across the front. Clearly not a first 11 but as back up? If we can get him decently priced. 

Edited by casablancas
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Would anyone take Almiron (or however you spell it, took me six  attempts to type that name... bloody phone). He has pace and is full of energy and running and does the defensive work too and plays across the front. Clearly not a first 11 but as back up? If we can get him decently priced. 

No. Would take Saint Maximin though 

• Like 1