Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

24 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

I'd like to see Ivan Toney. He won't be on our radar of course seeing as our scouting is so good we would of had him whilst at Peterborough.

Should be on our radar, seeing as we released him when he was 16, by all accounts.

4 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Edouard will 100% happen if we finish top 4 I feel.

According to BBC gossip he has been offered to Arsenal for 15 million.

We should be all over him at that price.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Buce said:

According to BBC gossip he has been offered to Arsenal for 15 million.

We should be all over him at that price.

Absolutely - but that's if BR really wants him - I'm not yet convinced he's the main target or in our top 3.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nick said:

Absolutely - but that's if BR really wants him - I'm not yet convinced he's the main target or in our top 3.

This is the feeling I get aswell. Given BR worked with him previously, he should know one way or the other, which suggests he has doubts. 

edit: unless us not having the cash is a genuine reason of course. 

Edited by adam95581
Update

9 hours ago, ian__marshall said:

If we secure CL and Arsenal finish outside the European spots I'd like us to go in for Saka. Might be a stretch but we need to put the money down and start treating these so called big guns like they've played us in the past. Best case we secure a fantastic upcoming player, worst case we force them into offering him a bumper contract which takes money out of their pot for new recruits. Might even tempt one of the other big six to make a move, but regardless it's a win win situation as it slows down Arsenal's revival. 

Didn’t Leeds try this and failed massively 🙈

Edouard for definite, given the fee is likely to be reasonable.

Neto or Trossard would both be great as well, but we'd likely have to pay through the nose for both.

I'd be tempted to take another look at Ismaila Sarr as well, especially if Watford don't go up.

12 minutes ago, Luttfox said:

Josh Maja... So surprised we wern't in for him when he left Sunderland, and even more surprised that he was available in January why we didnt go for him again. Lad seems to have it all, young, quick, strong and has the strikers instinct

I thought we were linked when he left Sunderland if I remember right? 

On 13/02/2021 at 16:27, Finnegan said:

Are you shitting me? He's seriously repeated that!? 

I thought he'd have had the good sense to keep his head down and pretend he never said that. 

I've not checked this so it's an educated guess more than a fact but I'm pretty confident that if you went away and dug around for the stats, Vardy's conversion rate would be better than Owen's. 

He's literally got one of the best conversion rates of shots to goals in top flight football. He also gets himself in an incredible amount of goal scoring positions, so whether Owen meant finishing technique or his movement to sniff out chances, he's wrong in both cases. 

It's honestly one of the most shamefully, offensively, moronically wrong things a professional "pundit" has ever said about us or one of our players. 

11 hours ago, ian__marshall said:

If we secure CL and Arsenal finish outside the European spots I'd like us to go in for Saka. Might be a stretch but we need to put the money down and start treating these so called big guns like they've played us in the past. Best case we secure a fantastic upcoming player, worst case we force them into offering him a bumper contract which takes money out of their pot for new recruits. Might even tempt one of the other big six to make a move, but regardless it's a win win situation as it slows down Arsenal's revival. 

This is bang on, we should just make transfer noise about any striker who's not getting game time at top 6. (Who we would actually want) Saka prime example, but I'd go for Jesus, Greenwood, Werner, just to mix it up make them have the discussion, get the agents greedy for more commission, just rock the apple carts innit.

Forgot Spurs...that bergwin, for example, just a 20mil bid.

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Not having this - made up name, surely... :) 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahahaaa he's real, I was absolute stunned when I saw his name a few months ago.

His name is Brian Brobbey

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ian__marshall said:

Love it