Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

13 hours ago, ian__marshall said:

If we secure CL and Arsenal finish outside the European spots I'd like us to go in for Saka. Might be a stretch but we need to put the money down and start treating these so called big guns like they've played us in the past. Best case we secure a fantastic upcoming player, worst case we force them into offering him a bumper contract which takes money out of their pot for new recruits. Might even tempt one of the other big six to make a move, but regardless it's a win win situation as it slows down Arsenal's revival. 

...how much would that cost us!!!

We will have to shell out a lot to get him and it seems the jury is out on Ünder. That is a lot of spend right there and with the present financial situation surrounding teams I can't see us affording to do this.

28 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...how much would that cost us!!!

We will have to shell out a lot to get him and it seems the jury is out on Ünder. That is a lot of spend right there and with the present financial situation surrounding teams I can't see us affording to do this.

I don't think it's really about buying Saka - more about putting the wind up.

Buendia/Matheus Pereira/Ismaila Sarr/David Brooks for the right wing.

Edouard (I like Toney or Adam Armstong too but would prefer Edouard)

A centre midfielder to act as backup to Youri, we don't really have an option when we want to give him a rest - Maybe Lewis Cook from Bournemouth if they don't come up?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Folarin Balogun - tribunal

Kaio Jorge - nominal fee

Brian Brobbery - free

Otavio - free

Alex Mighten

Lewis Neilson 

Patson Daka

Odsonne Edouard 

Marcos Paulo - free

2-3 of the above would be nice

Who’s that Korean chap who plays in Germany? Chang? Might cost a few bob but feel like champions league is a step up and will need a bigger squad... been a bit bare to the bones at times this season..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Farley said:

Arsenal have been told they can sign Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard, 23, for just £15m. (Express)

Makes sense -  A Big 6 team comes in and little old Leicester are blown away.  Plus the Express are never wrong and he can bunk in with Tierney.  Move on to Nicky Maynard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arsenal fan said:

Arsenal fan in peace. Saka is one of the most highly rated youngsters in Europe right now and is Arsenal's best player. He also signed a new long term deal last summer on big wages. As an England international too, there's no way we sell him to anyone unless it's silly money...talking like 80 million +

I don’t think many if any Leicester fan believes we would get Saka. As others have said, it’s more to “tactically” try and force arsenal to increase wages if we were to offer, thus making it harder for you to invest in other players.

A bit out there, and not the Leicester way, but we as fans can dream and be a little put of order when commenting on other teams players 😛

8 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Buendia, Ejaria and Toney. Best of the bunch in the Championship, we could pick whichever one fails to get promoted, as they'll surely not do another season down there.

Would any of them improve our starting XI or even our bench by much? I don’t think any of them would I’ve got to be honest. 

• Like 2

The last few transfer windows, especially given the covid cash situation has shown we’re not going to go out and spend 15mil here and 20mil there on relegated players or championship players that won’t improve our starting XI. The players we buy will be necessary additions to the squad, we won’t go mad.

1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

Would any of them improve our starting XI or even our bench by much? I don’t think any of them would I’ve got to be honest. 

49 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

The last few transfer windows, especially given the covid cash situation has shown we’re not going to go out and spend 15mil here and 20mil there on relegated players or championship players that won’t improve our starting XI. The players we buy will be necessary additions to the squad, we won’t go mad.

Can our starting 11 be improved other than RW? We're losing Morgan and Fuchs, and we've already lost Slimani and Gray so I think the players we'll sign won't all be first teamers. We need a backup/rotation striker as priority number one. You genuinely don't believe Toney is an upgrade on our bench options? He's scored 23 goals and got 9 assists in 29 games. He'll probably cost too much though.

Buendia has done pretty well so far this season and created a lot of chances last season in the Prem, again may cost too much, but if teams fail to get promoted then these sorts of players will probably force a move. I reckon he'd improve our RW position tbf.

Plenty of value and good additions can be had from Championship teams or relegated teams, off the top of my head I can think of Maupay, Watkins, Robertson, Maguire, Maddison, Cresswell and Stones. I have a feeling we'll sign a couple from abroad and then get one who's already involved in English football and knows the pace of the game.

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Can our starting 11 be improved other than RW? We're losing Morgan and Fuchs, and we've already lost Slimani and Gray so I think the players we'll sign won't all be first teamers. We need a backup/rotation striker as priority number one. You genuinely don't believe Toney is an upgrade on our bench options? He's scored 23 goals and got 9 assists in 29 games. He'll probably cost too much though.

Buendia has done pretty well so far this season and created a lot of chances last season in the Prem, again may cost too much, but if teams fail to get promoted then these sorts of players will probably force a move. I reckon he'd improve our RW position tbf.

Plenty of value and good additions can be had from Championship teams or relegated teams, off the top of my head I can think of Maupay, Watkins, Robertson, Maguire, Maddison, Cresswell and Stones. I have a feeling we'll sign a couple from abroad and then get one who's already involved in English football and knows the pace of the game.

Always. In the prem you can never stand still you need to improve every single window if possible, otherwise you get left behind. Even the top top top sides have to improve their starting XI when possible or they get displaced. I think you’re missing my point, I’m not saying good players can’t be signed from relegated or championship clubs, just that the names on this thread would be a waste of money - of which we won’t be splashing about in abundance. 

Even Toney, doing very well in the championship but he’s still yet to play in the premier league although that is likely to change soon. Would I be happy to go spend 30m+ on him? Absolutely not. Iheanacho would bag for fun in that division. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

...Toney would give us the man upfront who would threaten the oppositions back line!!!

We all saw when Vardy was out how we struggled to find any sort of genuine cover for him.

Ejaria is terrific on the ball, two footed and looks more effective in the middle. The problem is end product, he will beat 3 or 4 players in a tight space and lays off a nothing ball to one of his teammates. Instead of using the space that he has manufactured and play someone in to take advantage having pulled players to him,  he just does not seem to have the vision to play a killer ball.

Most of his possession breaks down and his teammates are taking their cue from him as they themselves are not sure what or how he intends to progress up the pitch.

Buendias' name comes up every window and still no one has come in and taken a chance bringing him into the Premiership. 

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Toney would give us the man upfront who would threaten the oppositions back line!!!

We all saw when Vardy was out how we struggled to find any sort of genuine cover for him.

Ejaria is terrific on the ball, two footed and looks more effective in the middle. The problem is end product, he will beat 3 or 4 players in a tight space and lays off a nothing ball to one of his teammates. Instead of using the space that he has manufactured and play someone in to take advantage having pulled players to him,  he just does not seem to have the vision to play a killer ball.

Most of his possession breaks down and his teammates are taking their cue from him as they themselves are not sure what or how he intends to progress up the pitch.

Buendias' name comes up every window and still no one has come in and taken a chance bringing him into the Premiership. 

So the answer is no then. And that’s 60-80m worth of signings there. 

Defensively, we are set. At full fitness, we have a centre back and a fullback on the bench who could easily be starting, and Amartey and Thomas are very good further depth. With the addition of Dewsbury-Hall, our midfield depth will be fine as well even if Choudhury leaves. The problem is right wing, and arguably striker, although I would be fine going another season with Iheanacho as backup. I wouldn't mind if we could somehow snag Raphinha from Leeds although I suspect he would be out of our price range by now. This is why I want to see Under starting a lot of games before the season is over - if he shows he can give us what we need, we will be getting him for a reasonable price. Right wing is still, three years later, a void that Mahrez has left behind. That is our number one priority. If we can make a couple of smart cheap moves like Justin two summers ago, those would also be solid. I would, however, prioritise Tielemans and Ricardo signing new deals, as our squad depth is almost at the level where we can be confident the team will perform even when we get injuries to truly crucial players e.g. Vardy and Ndidi. 

We should be sussing out which continental clubs are struggling for cash. If Ajax are having trouble, Antony would be perfect for us. If Lille are, maybe Ikoné would work. My dream would still be Neres though, lol.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

We should be sussing out which continental clubs are struggling for cash. If Ajax are having trouble, Antony would be perfect for us. If Lille are, maybe Ikoné would work. My dream would still be Neres though, lol.

No, thanks. :protest:

A poor man's version of Pepe, if ever there was one.

Just more selfish and less talented, and unlikely to be cheap.

But then again, he's still young, so might yet mature and improve.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Defensively, we are set. At full fitness, we have a centre back and a fullback on the bench who could easily be starting, and Amartey and Thomas are very good further depth. With the addition of Dewsbury-Hall, our midfield depth will be fine as well even if Choudhury leaves. The problem is right wing, and arguably striker, although I would be fine going another season with Iheanacho as backup. I wouldn't mind if we could somehow snag Raphinha from Leeds although I suspect he would be out of our price range by now. This is why I want to see Under starting a lot of games before the season is over - if he shows he can give us what we need, we will be getting him for a reasonable price. Right wing is still, three years later, a void that Mahrez has left behind. That is our number one priority. If we can make a couple of smart cheap moves like Justin two summers ago, those would also be solid. I would, however, prioritise Tielemans and Ricardo signing new deals, as our squad depth is almost at the level where we can be confident the team will perform even when we get injuries to truly crucial players e.g. Vardy and Ndidi. 

Antony would definitely be my first choice

• Like 1