Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

41 minutes ago, Hales said:

I can't see Praet going? I think Brendan will want to keep the core of the team together. Praet is important for cover for Youri and Madders and has elements to his game Madders doesn't that will possibly see him picked first against certain teams. Hopefully next season we will have Europe and cup runs again so plenty of games. If he wasn't injured he would have played the FA cup games and be on the plane to Europe. I can see Hamza possibly going as his loan didn't work out but I don't see many more going? I think Fuchs and Morgan will finally hang up their boots too. We need a squad to succeed and I don't think Praet, Mendy, etc will go as they are much needed. Much the same as the CB situation. Man management is key though as Fofana wants to play but so do Evan's and Cags. Brendan is the king of nan management though apparently and I'm sure conversations will be had individually. This team is exciting, I hope we can keep hold of them. Sort contracts for Cags and Youri asap too!

...is that a bit like baby sitting!!!

It really depends on whether you think it's worth risking an unhappy player around the team.

Praet is a full international for one of the top 3 countries in football.  It doesn't make sense for him to spend the prime years of his career as a squad player for Leicester.  Rodgers has made it obvious he doesn't see Praet as a regular starter in the games he cares most about.  It makes sense for the club to have Praet, sure - he's a starting-caliber player who can fill multiple positions and the most versatile midfielder on the squad.  But it doesn't make sense for Praet.  If he's really unhappy that's going to be a potential source of friction in the locker room.  The club will just have to decide whether it's worth the gamble to have him around.

The operative word here is 'if'. Who knows what's actually the case? - I somehow doubt he's going to get better paid elsewhere. There is a danger of imagining a situation that sounds plausible but that doesn't actually exist.

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

The operative word here is 'if'. Who knows what's actually the case? - I somehow he's going to get better paid elsewhere. There is a danger of imagining a situation that sounds plausible but that doesn't actually exist.

Exactly this. Who knows if he is unhappy? I don't think any of us have actually spoken to him personally. He came he as he liked the style of play and wanted to play in the premiership. Could he move to another premiership team - yes but would that be at the level of Leicester at the moment? If he went to another team in the top 6 of the table at the moment he would be no better off than he is now. If he went to a lower level team would he get the wages, facilities etc. he gets now? No! I think he will stay another season (he has lost a lot of this year already) as this team is on a journey and he has a good chance at game time and winning things. But I guess none of us really know and it's all guess work. I hope he stays. Sign all the Belgians I say! 😁 he does seem happier now Timmy is here. Must be nice to have familiar faces around.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hales said:

Exactly this. Who knows if he is unhappy? I don't think any of us have actually spoken to him personally. He came he as he liked the style of play and wanted to play in the premiership. Could he move to another premiership team - yes but would that be at the level of Leicester at the moment? If he went to another team in the top 6 of the table at the moment he would be no better off than he is now. If he went to a lower level team would he get the wages, facilities etc. he gets now? No! I think he will stay another season (he has lost a lot of this year already) as this team is on a journey and he has a good chance at game time and winning things. But I guess none of us really know and it's all guess work. I hope he stays. Sign all the Belgians I say! 😁 he does seem happier now Timmy is here. Must be nice to have familiar faces around.

Good post.  No way Praet is going to be lacking in games if we're playing 2 games a week for much of the season, and we're likely to have injuries to cope with too.  Praet's talent, and his different style of play to that of both Tielemans and Maddison, make him an essential part of the squad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Maybe we could go back in for Trincao, we seemed very keen in the summer and with Barca leaving the CL early and a new president we might be able to convince him to come with regular first team football and CL. Only started 1 game for Barca this season

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...is that a bit like baby sitting!!!

No it means hes going round looking after peoples nans for them. Didnt think Brendan would have time as well as managing the squad with our tight schedule but good to see he is helping out in the community. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

No it means hes going round looking after peoples nans for them. Didnt think Brendan would have time as well as managing the squad with our tight schedule but good to see he is helping out in the community. 

....so more like care in the community, a Help the Aged type of thing......!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nwl fox said:

I see Toney has scored again tonight, be mad not to have an eye on him. 

I watched the game online tonight, I find him to be good player but body language was really poor, lots throwing arms about and soon as QPR scored the 2nd his head dropped, committed a lot of fouls too, I could see him taking take Grays role as the scapegoat if we signed him lol

23 hours ago, Luttfox said:

Maybe we could go back in for Trincao, we seemed very keen in the summer and with Barca leaving the CL early and a new president we might be able to convince him to come with regular first team football and CL. Only started 1 game for Barca this season

Makes me wonder what level he actually at. Barca aren't exactly flying right now. Don't know if Foxestalk is mentally prepared for another Under situation. 

Watching Porto last night, I love the way they play. I will be laughed out of town here but I'd love Marega on a free in the summer. He's no Vardy replacement but he'd be a great alternative. Big and powerful who knows where the net is. Bring yer man Otavio with you as well Moussa. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Watching Porto last night, I love the way they play. I will be laughed out of town here but I'd love Marega on a free in the summer. He's no Vardy replacement but he'd be a great alternative. Big and powerful who knows where the net is. Bring yer man Otavio with you as well Moussa. 

Didn’t realise he’s on free as well. That would be a really sensible signing. He looked a real handful last night. 

What about Carlos Soler from Valencia as an attacking/wide midfielder? 6 goals and 5 assists in a pretty poor Valencia team this season.

I don't know what their current situation is financially but I know that in the summer they had to have a bit of a fire sale so perhaps there's a good deal to be had there.

16 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Would be the most hated player on foxestalk within two weeks

• Like 1